Kissy face KO

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Kissy face KO

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:39 pm

"protect yourself at all times"
Chris Fleming

Re: Kissy face KO

Postby Ian on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:15 pm

knucklehead homophobia...

so after presumably months of training, he threw away his chances at the prize money and belt. probably got black-listed from that circuit as well.

couldn't he wait 10 FUCKING SECONDS before kicking the guy's ass?

foresight.
Ian

Postby Andy_S on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Ridiculous for a whole range of reasons.
(1) Going head to head like that is EXTREMELY untactical.
(2) The stare-out as a means of gaining psychological advantage - a very JMA idea - is bullshit. Case in point: Fedor, who always drops his eyes. (Which, BTW, is tactically smart: By focussing on his opponents upper body triangle, he will have a much clearer idea of if he is going to make a move. People dont' hit each other with their eyes.)
(3) A trained fighter - be he a ring combatant or a combat soldier - should be able to maintain poise under pressure. The fact that this guy was so keyed up that he pulled his own trigger JUST because the other guy made a humourous or insulting (you decide) gesture shows that he lacks this key attribute.
(4) Congrats to the smooch blower - he won the fight.

On a not-unrelated point, I have often wondered whether, if one were under extreme pressure in a ruck, kissing one's opponnet - on the basis that street fighters/muggers/villains are macho creatures - would be the best strategy to buy yourself a vital second or two?

And in that moment of shocked freeze - "Bleedin' 'ell, is this bloke wot I am grapplin' wiv a bleedin' shirt lifter? What'll me mates fink?" - take advantage and (a) deliver a finisher or (b) E&E.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Andy_S wrote:(3) A trained fighter - be he a ring combatant or a combat soldier - should be able to maintain poise under pressure. The fact that this guy was so keyed up that he pulled his own trigger JUST because the other guy made a humourous or insulting (you decide) gesture shows that he lacks this key attribute.

right. I think if you lose your cool that easily, how are you any different than a chimp?

only big babies don't know how to handle their emotions :D

Last edited by Ian on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ian

Postby Areios on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:18 am

LMFAO :D:D
Areios
Wuji

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 am

Both of those guys look completely ridiculous, even for fighters. It doesn't surprise me that the one didn't have the mental capacity to keep his cool and take it to him during the fight. Does make me wonder if, since we all have seen the Heath Herring smooch KO, he felt that such an action was the "right" action (it's not) in a similar situation.
Chris Fleming

Postby ashe on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:56 pm

the lesson here is don't try to kiss your opponent...
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:05 pm

I thought it was going to be this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wg2UMj6YFk
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:18 pm

Or he could have just kissed him back.

Naw, that's just ghey.

LOL at Heath, "He tried to kiss me on the lips like a homosexual. I'M NOT GAY!!!!"
Chris Fleming

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Well , there's always the famous mythological kiss of death made famous by Mafia lore
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Return to Video Links