kadochnicov Systema vrs Muay Thai

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: kadochnicov Systema vrs Muay Thai

Postby RobP on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:19 am

Ian wrote:ah, RMA politics. and none too soon, eh? :)

btw, antonio showed me your sledgehammah drills last weekend. he has a lot of good things to say about you.

Thanks! I think it was a culture shock for him compared to Hong Kong lol, he kept saying "this would cost me a fortune in HK!"

AFAIK the facts behind Starov are that he was an admin guy for Kadochnikov who did a bunk with the website and set up his own thing. I know a couple of people who trained with him once and the reports back were not good. Take from it what you will, but judging from that clip he is certainly no Vladimir!

cheers

Rob
RobP

Postby Ian on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:29 am

haha actually our class in hk's free....

because our instructor's hasn't come back to hk for a year now :( it's just a group of guys trying to keep up a high standard of training.

you should've sent the dvds back with him - they would've arrived quicker. jokes ;D

dvds are awesome btw. cheers.
Ian

Postby RobP on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 am

Yep, I think he meant some of the "big name" guys lol...amazing what some people can get away with charging for what is pretty basic information.

Glad you liked the DVDs, good luck with the group!

cheers

Rob
RobP

Postby Kurt Robbins on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:29 pm

The Systema paractitioner in spirit and technique wasn't aggressive or commital. He was not wearing any gloves or protective gear so the mood might have been light. The Muay Thai fighter was crisp and accurate yet he did not go vicious or use the
1) clinch
2) Knees
3) elbows - so I feel the mood was very light.
I think with longer rounds he (The Systema practitioner) might have calmed down and gotten more defensive, but all in all I give him props for estimating "HIS" ability by getting in the ring.
I feel this was a light hearted experiance and should not be taken very serious, as far as practitioner or system evaluation.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Previous

Return to Video Links