External Qi Transmission

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: External Qi Transmission

Postby GaryR on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Ian wrote:they're speaking in tongues though. there's no way they could speak this language fluently unless it came from god.

http://www.tbm.org/tongues.htm
"speaking in tongues is the most intelligent, perfect language in the universe. It is God's language."

hahahahahahahaha, and if you believe that I've got some beach front property to sell you in Kansas!

"There is evidence that while speaking in tongues people experience a sharp decrease in frontal lobe function, the area of the brain that enables reason and self-control."---sharp decrease in brain function, what a shock :-X http://skepdic.com/glossol.html
Last edited by GaryR on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryR

Postby Ian on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:10 pm

...check your sarcasm detector. I posted a clip titled "crazy korean christians make children crazy"... which side of the fence do you think I'm on?

if speaking in tongues is god's language, all I can surmise from the clip is that god speaks like "lalalalalalalalalalala". and he likes to make children cry.

I was looking through some examples on youtube. funny how the 'tongues' spoken by american christians are always a mish-mash of bastardised romance languages and what they THINK 'middle eastern' dialects would sound like ::)

so how come no xhosa clicks, arabic 'ayn', 'ghain' or 'qaf', no russian 'bl' or 'b', no mandarin 4 tones... or right, god speaks a made-up hebrew-italian hybrid i.e. baboon gibberish.

no grammar, no patterns, no cognition of what they're saying, painfully embarrassing white man dancing... what you're seeing is the dumb-wing war on intelligence. you can't fight it. the ignorance is just too powerful.
Last edited by Ian on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby GaryR on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Ian wrote:...check your sarcasm detector. I posted a clip titled "crazy korean christians make children crazy"... which side of the fence do you think I'm on?

if speaking in tongues is god's language, all I can surmise from the clip is that god speaks like "lalalalalalalalalalala". and he likes to make children cry.

I was looking through some examples on youtube. funny how the 'tongues' spoken by american christians are always a mish-mash of bastardised romance languages and what they THINK 'middle eastern' dialects would sound like ::)

so how come no xhosa clicks, arabic 'ayn', 'ghain' or 'qaf', no russian 'bl' or 'b', no mandarin 4 tones... or right, god speaks a made-up hebrew-italian hybrid i.e. baboon gibberish.

no grammar, no patterns, no cognition of what they're saying, painfully embarrassing white man dancing... what you're seeing is the dumb-wing war on intelligence. you can't fight it. the ignorance is just too powerful.

Nice! I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not (since you posted the tbm link), glad you were, my comment applies to those who believe then...thanks for clarifying!

"dumb-wing war on intelligence"-good one :D :D

G
Last edited by GaryR on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryR

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Ian wrote:I was looking through some examples on youtube. funny how the 'tongues' spoken by american christians are always a mish-mash of bastardised romance languages and what they THINK 'middle eastern' dialects would sound like ::)

Agreed. It's generally pretty pathetic and absurd to say the least. ::)

As a sidebar, however, for those who may be unfamiliar with the story, the origin of this phenomenon comes from Chapter 2 of the New Testament Book entitled The Acts of the Apostles, which reads in part "And when the day of Pentecost was fulfilled, they (the Apostles of Jesus) were assembled together in one place. Suddenly, there came a sound from heaven like the blowing of a mighty wind, filling the whole house where they were sitting. Then they saw what appeared to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and going out, they began to speak in various languages as the Spirit enabled them.

At that time, there were God fearing Jews from every nation under heaven staying in Jerusalem. When they heard this sound, all the people gathered together in bewilderment, because each one heard them (the Apostles) speaking in his own native language. And they were all amazed and stunned, saying to one another, what does this mean?"

Unlike the usual modern phenomenon, this was not a case of people speaking unintelligible nonsense that no one present could understand, but rather an instance of inspired individuals fluently speaking languages previously unknown to them, yet immediately and completely understood by those present in the crowd whose language they spoke. Since this event was witnessed and experienced by a large public gathering, the memory of it was retained in the early oral tradition and iconography until recorded by Paul a number of years later in The Acts of the Apostles.

Pentecost Ikon

With only a very few and rare exceptions through the centuries since then, the vast majority of those claiming an ability to replicate the original 'speaking in tongues' phenomenon of the Apostles have been religiously deluded zealots, who style themselves as Charismatic Pentecostalists.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links