Fu style Pao Chun GM Lin chaozhen

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Fu style Pao Chun GM Lin chaozhen

Postby Lincoln on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Judging by the view count of this video it has not been posted before.
It looks much better than the modern Fu versions I have seen and he was 80 when this was filmed.

Lincoln
Santi

Re: Fu style Pao Chun GM Lin chaozhen

Postby Bob on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Nice find, Lincoln.

Can anyone in the Fu style line give us some info on:

GM Lin Chaozhen 林朝珍,who was a student of Fu Zhensong (1881-1953), performed leopard form. This video clip was filmed when he was 80 in USA.

Bao Quan

Thanks.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Fubo on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Can't give info on Lin as I don't know much, but I've seen and experienced a number of Fu style practitioners in Hong Kong form different lines, and just like any MA styles, you have the good, the ok, and the not so good. It's easy to perform the Fu style forms badly, and loose sight of the fundamentals of the style, as there are a lot of fancy movements, spins etc... I think this is why there are so many poor versions of it out there... A lot of over exaggerations in movements seem to be common issues. The few good teachers I've met drill in solid basics before getting to the more elaborate forms.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:53 am

That's awesome Lincoln. I like that way more than the other "leopardchuan/paochui" stuff I've seen from the fu style people online.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Return to Video Links