Nice Series of Push hand from Australia

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Nice Series of Push hand from Australia

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:37 am

as the guy who originally posted these clips on youtube,i am sorry it has got to the stage of my teacher is better than yours.
with all the low quality and out and out frauds out there why dont we just admit they both have value and learn from what they offer free of charge.
so lets stop the comparisons now and enjoy the clips.
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby cdobe on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:00 am

mrtoes wrote:Cdobe, he has already stated that he is not, read the last few posts (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8365&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p141935)

Matthew.

Matthew,

Wayne Hansen stated that he is not the person in the video. Now, take a look at "Willy Wrong's" profile and his website (and at his interest in and reactions on this thread for that matter). It would make a lot of sense, if he's the teacher in the video...

CD
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby willywrong on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:21 pm

bailewen wrote:Agreed.

Sam is very good but there's no point in making comparisons. My own comments were not meant to disparage the Australian guy at all. Sam's not a god or anything. He's just one of the very best I've met and more specifically, he's particularly good at making very good and very quick internal changes. His energy is not broken anywhere I could sense it. Those breaks in continuity are where you can do things like respond to an arm yank with a shoulder stroke.

For all I know, if I crossed hands with the Australian guy, I might feel he was just as good as Sam. I commented on Sam because I have personally felt what he has to offer. I can't say that about the Australian guy.

Sounds to me like Sam has interpreting energy mastered which is to say he operates constantly according to the 4 ounce rule and only makes his changes according to the rule. This is difficult to see as in his video you only see energy expressions when the rule is violated.
willywrong

Postby bailewen on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:54 pm

I dunno. What he does is not really Taijiquan. It's his own family art. Then again... you watched the "whipping" action yes? See in Taiji terms that's just a form of fa-jin.

As far as the "4 ounce rule" goes, you'd get better answers from Ashe. I just met the guy and spent a day with his folks. I have never trained the thing.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby willywrong on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:02 pm

bailewen wrote:I dunno. What he does is not really Taijiquan. It's his own family art. Then again... you watched the "whipping" action yes? See in Taiji terms that's just a form of fa-jin.

A Chinese bloke back in 73 after farting told me its just an expression of chi. :)
willywrong

Previous

Return to Video Links