Adam Mizner heaven earth man

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Adam Mizner heaven earth man

Postby ppscat on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:16 am

Finally we can see Mitzner with some non cooperative student:

ppscat
Anjing

Postby Tesshu on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:06 am

ppscat wrote:.
Finally we can see Mitzner with some non cooperative student:

Ah, the secret posture of "open legs show palm tree". In 100 years it will be shortened to "open legs show palm" and people will be deeply confused.
Last edited by Tesshu on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
4th law of Newton: To every male action there is a female overreaction.
Tesshu
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 am

Woah1 Not one clip, but two with the still being some guy with another guy's head between his legs. I know correlation does not equate causality, but c'mon, something is up..... ;D

ok, that was in poor taste.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Michael Babin on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:36 am

Ok... I'll admit to being a closet fan and practitioner of the CMC 37 Posture solo and sword forms though I never studied those with anyone even second-generation to the Professor except William C.C. Chen and a couple of his senior students sporadically... and that lineage is certainly definitely it's own main branch off the tree trunk.

I'll also admit that I also liked what I have seen on video of the late Master Huang Xing Shyn... except for the overly cooperative stuff sometimes shown by his devotees but even when he was elderly, there was real martial skill in many of the demonstrations and Adam Mizner shows the same posture and quality of movement that that late master had in the various old films that I have seen lately on Youtube. I suspect that the Australasian branch of the CMC lineage have continued to evolve as strong martial arts as compared to the New Age taint that seems to have covered much of the older North American versions.

And "no", I'm not connected to Adam in any way and "no" I don't think everything shown in the various videos that have been discussed are "the bees' knees."
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby Adam S on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:44 am

I'm an Aussie

All The CMC people I've met personally aren't real new agey types

But they are mainly older people more interested in the health aspects-nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned

My impression is CMC & Malaysian influences were stronger in the 70 & 80's when Taiji first became popular

But now more Yangs & Chens from China has become more popular
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Postby chud on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:56 am

Michael Babin wrote: I don't think everything shown in the various videos that have been discussed are "the bees' knees."

That's the stuff! ;D
chud
Great Old One

Postby taiwandeutscher on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:12 pm

Adam S wrote:I'm an Aussie

All The CMC people I've met personally aren't real new agey types

But they are mainly older people more interested in the health aspects-nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned

My impression is CMC & Malaysian influences were stronger in the 70 & 80's when Taiji first became popular

But now more Yangs & Chens from China has become more popular

ZMQ's influence worldwide seems very multi-coloured.
I only train once a week with ZMQ people, but can say that they got the goods over here in Taiwan. Of course, there are the groups with elderly people, but they have phs groups who work rather on the wild side!
They mix with all styles, not only mainland Yang/Chen.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby andymach33 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:13 am

Ha yes all very funny i'm sure. Arm chair warriors all, if you have any doubts. Come to a seminar or drop into a school....please...... talk is cheap.
And yes , for three days i had Muay thai guys kick the crap out of me. It was a practice in neautralising force...taiji is said to be good at that.
Take care,
Andy
andymach33
Santi

Postby andymach33 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:27 am

ahh, i see one of you is just up the road (abeit 5 hours away) in Canberra. The address of the Melbourne school is 110 Argyle st , Fitzroy. I will be away over June July on Retreat. Please consider this an invitation to pay me a visit.
Take care,
Andy
andymach33
Santi

Postby neijia_boxer on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:34 pm

andymach33 wrote:Ha yes all very funny i'm sure. Arm chair warriors all, if you have any doubts. Come to a seminar or drop into a school....please...... talk is cheap.
And yes , for three days i had Muay thai guys kick the crap out of me. It was a practice in neautralising force...taiji is said to be good at that.
Take care,
Andy

Andy,

Come on man! So you went to a Muay Thai school in Thailand and they beat the crap out of you for 72 hours? I don't think so. I 've trained in Thailand and they have two sessions- a morning session and afternoon session normally lasting a few hours. At most I would believe that they put you in the school's ring for 1 hour each day and you sparred and not at full power. One thing is that Thai boxers are very friendly and generous to 'farang" or foreigners for several reasons- they are Buddhist and believe in karma, second you are a patron paying them money (they don't want to hurt you since your not a full timer like them), lastly they have nothing to gain by beating up a farang unless it is a real competition match event outside the school in a stadium environment.

If you went there to prove some kind of Tai Chi power, they probably were not aware you were trying to gain something out of it. did you formally challenge them? then they probably would be up to really kicking the sh*t out of you.

Matt
neijia_boxer

Postby andymach33 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:15 am

yes, ok i'll type this slowly ...i trained for periods of time over 3 days...it was not a 72 hour session nor was it a fight. Sorry for not making that clear. Oh dear.
Yes i was training my special taiji super powers...Matt were you drunk when you typed this comment? i mean really.
Neautralising, investigate it. I'm sure they mention it the classics. Nothing super powerery there. You are a taiji player , yes?
Take care,
Andy
andymach33
Santi

Postby andymach33 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:34 am

yes, ok i'll type this slowly ...i trained for periods of time over 3 days...it was not a 72 hour session nor was it a fight. Sorry for not making that clear. Oh dear.
Yes i was training my special taiji super powers...Matt were you drunk when you typed this comment? i mean really.
Neautralising, investigate it. I'm sure they mention it the classics. Nothing super powerery there. You are a taiji player , yes?
Take care,
Andy
andymach33
Santi

Postby GhostPalm on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:46 am

Damn Andy - i thought you would know better than to get into a web-based bitch session. I've met Adam, Nicholas, and one other of you HME guys. Lots of empty force but good rooting skills. Truth be told you guys train hard and try to practice what you preach. On the other hand, each one of your egos is out of control (evident even more so by your posts above) - you should pay close attention to the Muay Thai vs Bagua thread it could be you soon.
GhostPalm
Santi

Postby Ian on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:57 am

andymach33 wrote:yes, ok i'll type this slowly ...i trained for periods of time over 3 days...it was not a 72 hour session nor was it a fight. Sorry for not making that clear. Oh dear.
Take care,
Andy

I have nothing bad to say about your clips, but...

you trained for 3 days in a muay thai gym?

what exactly is that supposed to prove?

muay thai is deep, multi-layered art. there are obviously different levels of skill, and your training will reflect this.

I don't know what you're trying to prove with such a statement.
Last edited by Ian on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby andymach33 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:10 am

ego has nothing to do with it. i'm just stating fact. It was a training drill, certainly not dissing anyone(especially Muay Thai , think theyre great) As to "getting involved in a bitching session" , you have seen the previous posts ...have you not? What a joke, no respect for my teacher or my school. ...bitching session indeed.
andymach33
Santi

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links