Reflex Action - Bob Orlando

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Reflex Action - Bob Orlando

Postby ppscat on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:22 am

Could any of you give us a review on this instructional DVD? Thanks in advance!

ppscat
Anjing

Re: Reflex Action - Bob Orlando

Postby cdobe on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:23 am

Hi Pablo,
I've seen all of Bob Orlando's videos (and read his books). He's a very good teacher and it's always interesting and inspiring to see his material. IMO his best video so far is the first one (Fighting Arts of Indonesia). The Reflex Action videos are also good, but they focus on the technical details of his drills, so that someone from a different style of MA gets less out of it. The first video has more "meat". The Fighting Footwork videos are the worst (but still good), because they are extremely redundant and they contain less actual applications.
If you haven't seen his first video yet, get this one first. If you love it, you won't regret buying the Reflex Action vids. You should also consider Stevan Plincks videos. His material goes very well with Taiji principles.

CD
cdobe
Great Old One

Re: Reflex Action - Bob Orlando

Postby Mut on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:57 pm

I am not such a fan of this drill, but I do like what the guy is saying about partner vs opponent and also needing some whacking (paraphrasing) to make the art martial
"I've done 19 years of Tae Kwon Do.... I'm a blackbelt third dan.... I don't think I should start with your beginners..." ....phone enquiry I recieved....
Mut
Great Old One

Return to Video Links