CTHULU MOVIE!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

CTHULU MOVIE!

Postby Craig on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:12 am

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/cthulhu/

i dont know much about lovecraft besides what i read here but that movie looks pretty good!
Craig
Great Old One

Re: CTHULU MOVIE!

Postby Muad'dib on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:21 am

Ah, I found this a while ago, got excited then had Felipe tell me it had little to nothing to do with Lovecraft. Check out the silent flick version of call of Cthulu though. It ain't bad, and they are making another.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:34 am

i think it looks alright, but somehow i just don't think that lovecraft can really be translated into film. a lot his descriptions of the creatures and such were intentionally vague.

how do you put something on film that's supposed to be so horrific that you go insane by looking at it?

i think about the first 35 minutes of cloverfeild or the old episodes of the x-files comes close to the way it probably should be done (i.e. just catching glimpses of something)

or maybe the blair witch project?

anyway, i think movie is more like the shadow over innsmouth rather than call of cthulu. it's been awhile since i read it but call should have more of an indiana jones kinda quality or maybe blade runner(i.e. a certain adventure / detective story tone combined with the horror). same as my fav, beyond the mountains of madness.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby lide on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:28 am

I see by the credits that it features Tori Spelling. Thus, it will truly be horrifying.
lide
Santi

Postby Craig on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:04 pm

lide wrote:I see by the credits that it features Tori Spelling. Thus, it will truly be horrifying.

maybe she is playing the great old one....that way they dont need any makeup or special effects.
Craig
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:31 pm

For those looking for some QUALITY Cthulhu/ Lovecraft related material check out: http://www.forbidden-tomes.com ;)
Last edited by cerebus on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic