today

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

today

Postby wiesiek on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:29 pm

Today, during my everyday standing practice, I was unable to count from 10 to 0 w/o mistake.
I went thru couple positions , and...song reminds the same.
wtf
I found myself emotionally unstable, while feel like been quite cool ???
gee >:(
switched on KB`s swing
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Re: today

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 am

I replaced "internal training" with running and Gracie JJ a few years ago, and never looked back. More body, less brain... 8-)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:17 pm

wiesiek wrote:Today, during my everyday standing practice, I was unable to count from 10 to 0 w/o mistake.
I went thru couple positions , and...song reminds the same.
wtf
I found myself emotionally unstable, while feel like been quite cool ???
gee >:(
switched on KB`s swing

1. When you build/invigorate the "energetic sphere", it needs to be cooled down through shougong (ending routine)
2. Walking is good. Take your time

SHOUGONG ROUTINE.
a. Beginning practice begins with hands at dantian (qihai). It points to a starting point of practice.
b. Do this for x minutes (1-5 minutes) based on what you have been told and your individual routine
c. YOUR ROUTINE
d. When completed, swallow saliva for 1-3 minutes or so, hit teeth for 1 minute or so gently (standard instructions- so you can Google to arrive at a place of intuitive information
e. Put hands at qihai based on how long your routine lasts. If you do something like baduanjin then you do shorter shougong. If post standing (zhanzhuang, wujizhuang. taijizhuang) for 45 min, then put hands at qihai for 15min then rub abdomen for 5-10 min. Again, what is your body saying after practice, this is important.
f. There are times when paidai (hitting various parts of body) MAY be necessary based on your practice.

NOTE: When you look at the ideogram for qigong, you will see the equivalent of a pot with fire below implying you have heat (transformation) but things have to be cooled before they are "absorbed". You can also google this!
Last edited by yeniseri on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:43 am

thank You guys,
Dmitri;
my way is slightly different: I change my trainings for internal/meditation 25 y.a., but never quit KB swings, as a favorite exercise for keepin` strength.

yeniseri;
yes, remembering about the basic - is the most important part of practice.

However,
My weird state of mind was just temporary father of this thread,
flippin` the coin Bruce`s "no topic" into "the topic" was the mother . 8-)
so
maybe it should be started in btw section,
anyway

what really twist your brain a little?, for ex.:
today my mind was stopped by:
graphic description of the old Polish invention ( graphene ), which has been modified by adding (OH-) groups to the pure, flat hexagonal carbon structure.
What is interesting , those groups are almost vertical to the flat carbon structure, and are sensitive for fluctuations of electromagnetic fields. This opens up some Sci-Fi ability.
best
W.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 am

i don't understand chemistry (the structures you mention) or physics (EM fields) ... i enjoy sci-fi, though, ;D .... care to elaborate on your recent thinking?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:15 am

sure,
this come out during chemistry and physicist professors discussion: about structure such molecules and micro interactions between their components of energetic/electric fields. I was just passive listener, but here is what I get :
~ `cause -OH group is huge and can sticking out from electron cloud- like Everest over cloudy sky - you`re getting basic info:

0 and 1

shortly:
this allow us implant/write any active code/ information into the sub atomic word.

We are entering Year of the Tiger shortly, -cheer-
so
all the best and watch you back :)
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:33 am

interesting, what a crazy world... I def need to learn about it

Happy Year of the Tiger
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:33 am

Met Doc Stier today, well yesterday, but it was a great experience to talk to someone with so much experience.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:34 am

-toast- make me jealous, G.
btw
we, (I mean, me and wife), just closed exchange, not to big pieces of land, near by Kraków for 1,5 acre of forest. It is close to Rzeszów -less than 1h drive. Hill, exactly in the middle of the road between Kiev and Krakow. Funny thing - "Silk Road" is/was crossing the valley below. 8-)
I have a plan to build up shed with tatami inside (2-3 years run, probably)
Everybody on the board are welcome -bow-
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:45 am

wow that place sounds really fantastic

ah wow meeting doc stier sounds fantastic, too

yes, meeting in poland sounds great ;D :)
Last edited by everything on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:33 am

Sounds fantastic. I speak some Polish. If you need help building, send me a pm
Quigga

Postby gzregorz on Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:23 pm

I am Polish by marriage only but I did live there for 2 years. Very difficult language for me yet Mandarin not so much.

I am mostly native blood from what are now the valley of Mexico and the islands of the Philippines with some Chinese and Spanish thrown in to keep things interesting.

I talked with Doc on the phone and got a lot of good insights into how to teach. We had a discussion on how hard it is to get through to students here because most with experience already have there own ideas.

Thanks Doc! It was an honor.
Last edited by gzregorz on Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:23 am

yup,
Polish language seems to be very rustling, it may be the reason, why we have no problem with Japanese pronunciations :)
Hoppin` that you will drop by, when visiting wife`s family next time, Grześ?

thank you for the offer Quigga, I let you know, after heavy machinery do the basic . Because it is literally middle of the forest, bulldozer and similar staff is necessary for the start.
aaah, and I mixedmached Kiev and Lviv. Place is half way to Krakow from Lviv, not Kiev.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:37 pm

Sounds good W!

That was the last time I have been there. We have been planning on coming back and then Covid....@@@
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:06 am

All right wisiek
Quigga

Next

Return to Off the Topic