Last of Us tv show

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Last of Us tv show

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:44 pm

I'm watching "Cunk on Earth" on Netflix, and I'm lmao.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:27 pm

adding to the overly long list!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:20 pm

Steve James wrote:I'm watching "Cunk on Earth" on Netflix, and I'm lmao.

Man I just saw an ad/promo for it, and it looks awesome. Reminded me of the "fake correspondents" from the old Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I've no idea how she keeps a straight face! ;D
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:43 am

It had me lol watching her subjects' reactions to her statements. She is brilliant. I binged the series in one sitting; it's short.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:53 am

Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:02 am

I'm very impressed to hear how Stone Age man invented fire. Quite a technological feat, so far back in time.
I assume the key stimulus was the need to dry their heavy eyebrows in damp weather.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:25 am

Oh, Stone Age man invented fire so they could save money on electricity.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:01 am

Dammit, they were sooo far ahead of us!
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:31 pm

getting back to the tv shows,

Last of Us, ep 3. a side story. seems to have broke the internet. amazing.

Last of Us, ep 4. getting back to the main story. also amazing.

Clunk on Earth. I can barely take the discomfort. I like how some professors give a super serious, but sensible answer to her outlandish questions.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:22 pm

Imo, it was because the story was unexpected, yet totally understandable. Suspense is created in several different contexts. I.e., the audience doesn't know what's going to happen, but is fearful for different reasons. If the story wasn't so universal that anyone could understand, it wouldn't have gotten so much internet attention. Otoh, the story is really, really particular at the same time.

Yep, the expressions of the interviewees on "Cunk on Earth" are the fun part. Some look amused; some look astonished; some look annoyed. She keeps a straight face, though; so, that's also funny to watch. Some of her answers do seem like things some people would say with straight faces nowadays. But, I almost spit out my tea when I heard her ask "If cavemen used candles at night, how did they see in the daytime?" and questions like that.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:35 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:-*
jimmy
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:07 am

Steve James wrote:

Imo, it was because the story was unexpected, yet totally understandable. Suspense is created in several different contexts. I.e., the audience doesn't know what's going to happen, but is fearful for different reasons. If the story wasn't so universal that anyone could understand, it wouldn't have gotten so much internet attention. Otoh, the story is really, really particular at the same time.

Yep, the expressions of the interviewees on "Cunk on Earth" are the fun part. Some look amused; some look astonished; some look annoyed. She keeps a straight face, though; so, that's also funny to watch. Some of her answers do seem like things some people would say with straight faces nowadays. But, I almost spit out my tea when I heard her ask "If cavemen used candles at night, how did they see in the daytime?" and questions like that.

I started Cunk on Britain last night, very funny but i feel like my American public school education led me to miss a lot of the jokes.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic