Long Haul Covid

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Long Haul Covid

Postby origami_itto on Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:59 pm

ThomasK wrote:Yeah sure go fuck yourself man. I like you but that's just snobby, snooty, arrogant attitude.

Now I expect really hard for you to make a better reply. Let's see if THAT works.

@origami to avoid confusion

Well that's hurtful, I wasn't mean about it.
There was a lot of people encouraging FUD mainly for political reasons, part of the qanon funnel/pipeline.

You have people you trust telling you to expect something, it's real easy to find it.

The mind is powerful, i can easily make myself physically ill by overindulging in negativity.

Worrying and thinking and obsessing over a spot on your arm is a good way to convince yourself something is there. Especially with people reinforcing the perception.

The disinformation these days would have killed a conspiracy theorist from the 70s. They've learned how to hijack the fringe and get them carrying political messaging. It's brilliant but so disheartening. Average citizen really has no chance.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Shinobi on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:44 pm

Although very rare, people have died as a result of conditions brought about by COVID vaccines, so it's rather weird to automatically suggest somebody is 'crazy' when they report potentially worrying cardiovascular symptoms. I hope you are well, Thomas. That you say it's gotten better is encouraging so hopefully there's nothing to it.
Shinobi
Santi

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:15 pm

Hope you find something that relieves any problems you're still suffering. Take it easy.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:27 pm

origami_itto wrote:It's amazing what the mind can make real if we expect it hard enough.

Yeah, I was a strong believer that COVID-19 was a hoax, I lived through the whole pandemic here in my Chinese hometown not far away(by Chinese standards) from the so called epicenter of the pandemic- Wuhan.
Not a single day of sickness, not even a simple cold, even my pollen allergy seemed to be gone by the wind, this of course made my suspicion that COVID-19 was a hoax even stronger. And also, my acquaintances who are doctors at the big hospitals here were I live confirmed that ICU and regular departments had no significant increase of occupants.
The only crowded areas at the hospitals were the testing and vaccination areas.

The weekly testings I did with no signs of any Covid- always positively negative:)
The vaccinations I manage with grace to stay away from……..till…just a couple of days before the pandemic suddenly was declared no more.
Big public protest had erupted especially in the big cities here in China especially in Shanghai - enough with all this was the big cry.
The answer at first was that the virus had taken to new outbreaks and the public should take precautions to not have it spread again, this made my normally so stable wife gettin worried to the point she really insisted to take the shot, so we did it together although I was convinced the vaccine would probably not be a good thing, that it would be as infecting oneself with something Covid like.
And sure about a week after the shot we both got sick, me it hit like a sledge for three weeks, however during that time I was tested but it didn’t show any Covid.

Maybe it all - being healthy or Covid sick was all part of some sort of huge global mind manipulation test ?
Last edited by Trick on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Huajing

Postby origami_itto on Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:01 am

Shinobi wrote:Although very rare, people have died as a result of conditions brought about by COVID vaccines, so it's rather weird to automatically suggest somebody is 'crazy' when they report potentially worrying cardiovascular symptoms. I hope you are well, Thomas. That you say it's gotten better is encouraging so hopefully there's nothing to it.

Not saying crazy. I'm the last one to try to call someone crazy, just saying there's a ton of bad information and influence and a million real and imaginary causes for vague symptoms as described. VARS is a cesspool of bad information that people use as proof of causation in cases like "He died three days after getting the shot?" "Was it a fever, pneumonia, cardiac arrest?" "No, hit by a car while jaywalking. He never would have crossed against the light before he got that damn vaccine!"

Trick wrote:Maybe it all - being healthy or Covid sick was all part of some sort of huge global mind manipulation test ?

I got all my vaccinations, got a mild case of COVID in 2021. I knew people that barely missed getting on the ventilators. People that died. People with family that died.

I never thought it was a hoax.

Though the weirdest part for me was I got my knee surgery in November 2019 and for the first time in my life caught a case of pneumonia, had to be through hospital contact, but then I was on heavy painkillers which have a respiratory depressant effect and still smoking a lot of marijuana so... who knows.

I think the whole global conspiracy gives far too much credit to the people in charge and their ability to work together on a common goal.

About the only thing they can agree on is keeping us producing value for them to leech. In any upset there are going to be people that capitalize on the problems to come out better than they were going in, and the big economic interests are going to make sure those innovations are brought to heel. That's your global conspiracy and cabal. The market and many individual (state and corporate) actor's attempts to influence it. It's all in broad daylight.

In the whole COVID kerfuffle there were some winners and losers and basically everybody with power and money wants to get more by taking it from wherever they can get it.

So global mindfucks? We're soaking in it, but not due to the coordinated efforts of a single agenda. We've got so much bad and conflicting information drowning out sense, and (in the USA at least) our education system (and intellectualism in general, let's be honest) has been under such a prolonged and brutal attack that most people have no ability to sort through it and arrive at a well informed and critically reasoned opinion. It's just not possible.

They don't need to blind us with their brilliance when we're all baffled by their bullshit.

So with so much conflicting information and so many filters designed to package particular narratives, it's just a matter of which demographic your in that determines which firehose cannon of emotionally manipulative pre-packaged perspectives to give you the comfort of a consistent and friendly voice telling you which other people are to blame for your fears.

I WISH it was some grand scheme, that would have the potential for intelligent guidance, this is just a global "Lord of the Flies".

Instead, you've got countries spending fortunes on confusing each other's citizens...

Man... I cannot get started on this shit right now.

Fuck Putin.
Free Tai Chi Classes
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 am

Well, where I live, while people were saying covid was a hoax, there were ambulance sirens continuously day and night. I mean for months. That was before there were any vaccines. And it wasn't vaccines putting people in the hospital.

I have no idea what caused so many people to be hospitalized and/or die. I do know that today millions of people are still getting vaccinated, and I don't hear ambulances. To me, that means the vaccines are safer than covid.

Fortunately, I never caught covid or got sick at all, and I've received all the vaccines and boosters. It doesn't prove anything about either for anyone else. But, my closest friend was against taking the vaccine and he died from covid.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:20 pm

origami_itto wrote:Is there a study demonstrating this in any vaccine?

First thing that popped up on a google search
https://www.ciamedical.com/insights/how-to-aspirate-a-needle/
When I got my covid vaccine in my shoulder they did aspirate it and had to go get a new syringe because there was blood. So maybe it was a specific rule for this vaccine.
Last edited by D_Glenn on Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 pm

origami_itto wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Although very rare, people have died as a result of conditions brought about by COVID vaccines, so it's rather weird to automatically suggest somebody is 'crazy' when they report potentially worrying cardiovascular symptoms. I hope you are well, Thomas. That you say it's gotten better is encouraging so hopefully there's nothing to it.

Not saying crazy. I'm the last one to try to call someone crazy, just saying there's a ton of bad information and influence and a million real and imaginary causes for vague symptoms as described. VARS is a cesspool of bad information that people use as proof of causation in cases like "He died three days after getting the shot?" "Was it a fever, pneumonia, cardiac arrest?" "No, hit by a car while jaywalking. He never would have crossed against the light before he got that damn vaccine!"

Trick wrote:Maybe it all - being healthy or Covid sick was all part of some sort of huge global mind manipulation test ?
I got all my vaccinations, got a mild case of COVID in 2021.

I never thought it was a hoax.

Though the weirdest part for me was I got my knee surgery in November 2019 and for the first time in my life caught a case of pneumonia, had to be through hospital contact,

Putin.
yes as you claimed previously in the thread about how your mind affects your body, and yes they say hospitals are hubs were germs and such lurks, just think about it
Trick
Huajing

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 pm

Steve James wrote:Well, where I live, there were ambulance sirens continuously day and night. I mean for months. That was before there were any vaccines.

Doesn’t you live in NY ? Ithougt or just imagining since I’ve never been there that ambulances are always busy in that city ?

But further speculations on that mind thing Ito brought up, ambulance sirens could maybe especially during the pandemics work as swaying peoples minds to a specific point…..one could imagine how such a scare actually might affect some
Trick
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 am

Yep, I live in the South Bronx. I'm there now, and have been for the last 15 years. Garbage trucks, fire engine and police sirens are relatively common. But, ambulance sirens wailing 24/7 was something no one here ever experienced before. Anyone who says it was is a liar.

No, I don't believe the ambulances were being used to scare people or support any narrative. That's bullshit. We had bodies in freezer trucks because there wasn't room in the hospital morgues. There were shortages of coffins.

My point was that it hasn't been the same since the vaccines arrived, and that doesn't mean that vaccines don't work or cause more illness than the virus. If someone doesn't want to take the vaccine, that's a personal decision. As I said, I've had at least three doses, and I haven't gotten covid or had a bad reaction. There will be a percentage of people who'll react badly to both. But, there are not more people in the hospitals now than there were before.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 am

Steve James wrote:Yep, I live in the South Bronx. I'm there now, and have been for the last 15 years. Garbage trucks, fire engine and police sirens are relatively common. But, ambulance sirens wailing 24/7 was something no one here ever experienced before. Anyone who says it was is a liar.

No, I don't believe the ambulances were being used to scare people or support any narrative. That's bullshit. We had bodies in freezer trucks because there wasn't room in the hospital morgues. There were shortages of coffins.

My point was that it hasn't been the same since the vaccines arrived, and that doesn't mean that vaccines don't work or cause more illness than the virus. If someone doesn't want to take the vaccine, that's a personal decision. As I said, I've had at least three doses, and I haven't gotten covid or had a bad reaction. There will be a percentage of people who'll react badly to both. But, there are not more people in the hospitals now than there were before.

That's where I'll jump in decrying our post-modern society.

Information and knowledge is so far removed from first hand experience that we're losing all ability to separate opinion and imagination from fact. The USA has gotten less literate and less capable of reasoning.

D_Glenn wrote:

When I got my covid vaccine in my shoulder they did aspirate it and had to go get a new syringe because there was blood. So maybe it was a specific rule for this vaccine.

I'll admit I'm not a doctor, but I've got a ton of mass vaccinations growing up in the 80s on a military base and then joining the Air Force myself. Never had somebody do that. Had a few where they just put the gun to your shoulder and PBBBBFT in it goes.

I think when lay folks try to draw too many conclusions to second-guess the professionals they get into some risky territory. Not advocating blind trust of any physician, but also not blind distrust. In the end I go with the results of rigorous studies with repeatable results. There haven't been any about this and there's some debate about it. I don't think it's a big enough deal to cause widespread long term adverse effects. That's just FUD that's probably keeping people from investigating the real cause of their problems.

Trick wrote: yes as you claimed previously in the thread about how your mind affects your body, and yes they say hospitals are hubs were germs and such lurks, just think about it

Man I got no idea what you're trying to say here. I got a cat scan that showed the pneumonia and I was in denial about being sick till it hurt too much to breathe and my wife dragged my limping ass to the intensive care.

It responded well to a Z-PAC though so I doubt it had anything to do with COVID. Just coincidental timing IMHO.
Free Tai Chi Classes
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 am

origami_itto wrote:
D_Glenn wrote:

I'll admit I'm not a doctor, but I've got a ton of mass vaccinations growing up in the 80s on a military base and then joining the Air Force myself. Never had somebody do that. Had a few where they just put the gun to your shoulder and PBBBBFT in it goes.

No one that i knew or know would....

Used to administer the vaccinations as a medic in the Army, as well as using the airguns at the time back in the 70s.
Funny thing is when we used air guns some people wanted the injections, when we use the injections. Some people want the air guns ;D .

I think when lay folks try to draw too many conclusions to second-guess the professionals they get into some risky territory. Not advocating blind trust of any physician, but also not blind distrust. In the end I go with the results of rigorous studies with repeatable results. There haven't been any about this and there's some debate about it. I don't think it's a big enough deal to cause widespread long term adverse effects. That's just FUD that's probably keeping people from investigating the real cause of their problems.

No doubt Covid is real.
Heard immunity, as well as other factors contributing to the mitigation of its effects.
Don't know how much I would attribute it to the injections developed for it.
Did get the shot in order to travel overseas otherwise it would not have been something I would have gotten..

The problem I've always had with it appears that it did escape from the lab, was something created by funding from the US to do it.
The vaccine itself would not fall under the old definitions for vaccines that was changed..
I guess to accommodate the failure of something that is not really a vaccine. Using the old definition .

A lot of studies coming out now showing adverse effects for many people getting the jab...
The way things are reported it's not entirely clear due to media bias.
In the 70s we administered the swine flu shot. The vaccination was discontinued after year after finding it had harmful effects.

"After the program began, the vaccine was associated with an increase in reports of Guillain–Barré syndrome (GBS), which can cause paralysis, respiratory arrest, and death. The immunization program was ended after approximately 43 millions United States citizens had been administered the vaccine."

Reading the history it appears that the vaccination use “swine flu affair of 1976”, when a US president decided to rush a vaccine to the entire American population based on ill-founded science and political imprudence". .
I do know it put half our battalion out of action after we administered the injections...

In the GDR at the time our battalion was required to be ready to deploy within two hours during the Cold War..
.having half of it unable to was a big problem at the time.. :P
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 am

So, I asked how many people in the US have received a covid vaccine, and the answer was:
As of today, April 19, 2024, the most recent data suggests that around 81% of the US population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

Let's say that it's 80%. That equates to around 260 million people. The vaccines have been available for 2 years at least. In that time, approximately 18K people have died after a covid vaccination. Let's say 20K out of 260 million. Of course, these are from CDC reports that I can't check, and anyone can dispute.

However, I'm not going to deny what I see with my own eyes because of anyone's theory about where the disease came from. Currently there's a measles outbreak in Florida, probably because some people are now skeptical about the vaccine. Yep, it's a political decision, not a medical one. That's the problem.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am

I understand people being vaccine hesitant and not trusting the government. Particularly vulnerable populations.

Growing up in the military, going overseas when I was 7, going back as an adult in the military... I have had all the shots. I knew folks that had Gulf War Syndrome they blamed on the vaccine schedule, could also be the burning trash, or uranium, or whatever... did they ever settle on what to blame for that? I lost track.

Other than that, though, and I mean in a lifetime of getting all the shots and being around people that got all the shots, no adverse effects. Not saying that means it doesn't happen, not saying we haven't learned from some mistakes in the past.

What I'm saying is that vaccines, on the whole, do far more good than harm and I, personally am not terribly afraid of them. Hard to get money out of dead people.

I also understand that promoting and cultivating that fear is at least as much politically motivated as promoting the vaccine itself. You can see that play out in real time with this one as the tide of public opinion swayed with the change of chief executive. The narrative may have been completely reversed had it been released prior to November 2020.
Free Tai Chi Classes
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 am

Steve James wrote:So, I asked how many people in the US have received a covid vaccine, and the answer was:
As of today, April 19, 2024, the most recent data suggests that around 81% of the US population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

Let's say that it's 80%. That equates to around 260 million people. The vaccines have been available for 2 years at least. In that time, approximately 18K people have died after a covid vaccination. Let's say 20K out of 260 million. Of course, these are from CDC reports that I can't check, and anyone can dispute.

However, I'm not going to deny what I see with my own eyes because of anyone's theory about where the disease came from. Currently there's a measles outbreak in Florida, probably because some people are now skeptical about the vaccine. Yep, it's a political decision, not a medical one. That's the problem.

Not because of the illegal alien influx, from counties with out access to the vaccines or poor vaccination protocols..?

Lots of diseases here that people do not have to deal with because of the prior work and vaccination programs....

Most countries I've traveled to require some type of vaccination record depending on their concerns, or recommended vaccinations before traveling to them.
Should one travel overseas it pays to understand what vaccinations you should have before going..

aside note:

do have relatives and family friends who suffered medical conditions after being vaccinated directly attributed to the vaccination..
Have other relatives who cannot take the vaccination due to health conditions, did get Covid and made it through it,
while some of their friends did not....
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic