The Politically Correct thought police

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Politically Correct thought police

Postby Bär on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 am

I think you're objecting to Tex-Mex, Mike C. Real from-Mexico Mexican can be pretty complex and doesn't often involve the same 6-8 ingredients fashioned into different dishes like Tex-Mex does. I'd also estimate that easily 95% of Mexican restaurants suck. I mean - how can you fuck up a taco or burrito? They are so simple, but when they use utility grade beef and plastic cheese.... -puke-
Bär
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:57 am

I'd say.....*deep thought*

american bbq

good italian (most italian restaurants are 'average' and wouldn't make my list)

mexican

japanese tied with authentic chinese (like what we ate back in china) but it'd have to be of siquan (szechuan) province

I have found the best way to make friends in a foriegn land, is by praising their cusine, and asking for seconds.

possible thoughts:
what? you mean you haven't found a love of foreign alcohol? that one works reeeeal good.
you obviously havent' tried durian or fried stinky tofu

another way to make friends is to compliment them on the women in their country but stay the hell away from them at the same time.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:41 am

meeks wrote:you obviously havent' tried durian or fried stinky tofu

Durian is tied with stinky tofu as my least favourite food. :P :-\
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:56 pm

Bär wrote:I think you're objecting to Tex-Mex, Mike C. Real from-Mexico Mexican can be pretty complex and doesn't often involve the same 6-8 ingredients fashioned into different dishes like Tex-Mex does. I'd also estimate that easily 95% of Mexican restaurants suck. I mean - how can you fuck up a taco or burrito? They are so simple, but when they use utility grade beef and plastic cheese.... -puke-

Yeah, I hear ya Bar. But I've been all over Texas and California trying all kinds of Mexican food, many times over. Some of it was pretty good but overall it never really knocked my socks off... I guess it comes from being a ginny and having an italian grandmother who could work wonders in the kitchen.

Mike
MikeC

Postby edededed on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:03 pm

mixjourneyman wrote:Japanese people obviously eat so much white food because they want to be white! (just look at their pop culture and this is extremely evident) ;D

Half kidding, just trying to stir up shit.

Actually, good thing you were only half kidding, as what you are saying is half true!

They do love white food, because they have the idea that white = good (purified, extracted, etc.). White rice, white bread, white vinegar, white sugar, whitewhitewhitewhite... Brown rice, whole wheat bread, balsamic vinegar, etc., is so much tastier/healthier, but can be hard to obtain (and much more expensive) over here.

They also have a love/hate relationship with white people (mostly love, but hate when they feel that their pride has been hurt). Note that Caucasian (full or partial) models/actors here tend to be of the pasty white kind... (They also have a lot of "whitening" stuff to put on their bodies...)

To be fair, Europe used to like pasty white back in the day as well (it is nice, to be sure - fair skin wasn't meant to be tanned too much, anyway)... It is just kind of funny to compare the Caucasian actors/actresses that are considered good-looking here and there.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:34 pm

I'd go for French cuisine over B-B-Q but B-B-Q is certainly nice. Mongolian Barbeque is wicked tasy, though not my fav either.

anyway...

1. French
2. Italian
3. Japanese
4. American Standards (B-B-Q included)
5. Greek
6. Northern, then Southern Chinese
7. Southeast Asian
8. Central American
9. Ethiopian/Eritrean/Egyptian
10. Persian

Those would be the big ones for me
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Ben on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Steve James wrote:
Darthwing Teorist wrote:
Ben wrote:Thats really scary stuff. It remindes me of Nazi Germany making school kids do family trees so they could use that info to further purify the supreme race...

Actually, this is the opposite. They probably try to correct the education that certain kids are getting home, where they are witness to racist comments.

Aw, c'mon, you mean that teachers should actually say something when pre-schoolers make "racist" comments? :) Ya mean you don't believe that kids should be corrected when their parents tell them that white people are devils? Where's the harm in that? Shucks, next thing you know, the gov't will be trying to convince us that Jews aren't greedy.

Strange, though, when that guy Wright said all that stuff (?) about Americans, people said he should be shunned, er that someone should have never stuck around to even hear such "racist" remarks. Or, there's that Muslim teacher who was replaced because she didn't forbid a student from wearing a tee shirt with the word "Intifada", in Arabic.

Of course, this is all a reflection of the politically correct double standard. Right?

But, clearly, 3 years old is far too young to start teaching children the difference between right and wrong. Of, maybe it just depends on what people think is right. It's a shame, but it's nothing new.

The teachers should have already been correcting "racist" behavior. Theres no need to report children to a govt agency. The correction isn't the issue, its the govt snooping around where they don't belong and taking it WAY to far.

As far as food...
I like it all.
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Oh - and BBQ sucks! :D That is the one American thing I don't miss at all!

1. American, Mexican, French, Italian, English, German, Middle-eastern, Chinese, Thai, Malaysian
2. Korean
3. Japanese, Vietnamese
edededed
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic