Dark Knight

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Dark Knight

Postby nianfong on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 am

nianfong
Administrator

Postby Drake on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:36 am

Just saw the movie last night with my wife, and youngest daughter. *Really* enjoyed it. Wife much less so. The worst performance was by C.Bale. He's got to use a better voice as the Batman. We could barely understand much of what he rasped out. Ledger was excellent in his role. Probably the best vision of the Joker, and the best performance I've seen from him. M. Gyllenhall reminds me of Miss Piggy. She's decidedly unattractive, and I don't understand her appeal. However, she's a much better actress than Katie Holmes was in the same role by far. All in all a very enjoyable film, and well played by all.

(it was fun to see my hometown depicted as Gotham, and have to point out to my wife where cgi took over)
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:38 am

LOL! on Chicago being the location. There were parts shot inside the Daily Building. I recognized them instantly by the unique one of a kind windows it has.

If we watch close, I wonder if we can figure out which floor, and even room they shot it in by the scenery outside the window?
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:00 am

Best Batman movie I have seen- very dark and nihilistic I don't think it would be good for kids. Great acting and sets- fight's were not bad. Like most- I did not like the lead actress much either.

Ledger was very good- sorry he has left us, I thought Bale's Batman was the best yet and *York is one hell of a Alfred!
Morgan Freeman is always fun to watch as well.

Very good movie.

*Damn! right Fong- Caine...
Last edited by Chanchu on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:43 pm

alfred = michael caine
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Andy_S on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Here is a good little clip of Keysi fighting method as used in the first Bale Batman movie...can't see what is so innovative about it, looks like fairly standard stuff heavy use of crazy monkey guard.

Anyway, interesting to see Buster Reeves was stuntman: His fights here look much better than the chaotic mess that came out in the finished film, IIRC.

Reeves is impressive: He he is an all-round MArtist, very athletic, and seems like a nice chap. He won "British Gladiators" about 10 years ago; the 'Gladiators' barely had a chance. Didn't know he had gone into stunt work, but good luck to him.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=zVWyqBdE5 ... re=related
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Wuyizidi on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:42 am

Courtesy of Dmitriy.

Wuyizidi
Last edited by Wuyizidi on Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
勤学,苦练, 慎思, 明辨。
心与境寂,道随悟深。

http://internalmartialart.wordpress.com/
Wuyizidi
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 am

i must have been really tired cause i fell asleep watching the dark knight
neijia_boxer

Previous

Return to Off the Topic