tcm approach to lyme disease

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: tcm approach to lyme disease

Postby jasonf on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Derek,
Sounds like you know what you need to do, if anyone is up to the challenge it's you. Please let me know if there if you'll need a hand with anything.
Jia You,
Jason
jasonf
Huajing

Postby The Possible Human on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:55 am

Good luck, my friend. I got Lyme Disease back in 2002 or 2003. If caught early, like it seems to be in your case, then it is entirely treatable with antibiotics. How long of a course did they give you? My family has an in here in Boston in the medical community, so I saw the premiere Lyme guy around after I had seen my normal PCP. He extended the antibiotic course by 2 weeks.

It doesn't look like you had that bad of symptoms. I'm a rather stubborn individual as far as doctor's visits are concerned, so I went through a week of a 100+ fever and aches before I went to the doctor. It was only when I noticed 3 separate bulls-eyes on me that I made an emergency appointment thinking it was Leukemia or something. Also be forewarned that I developed Bells Palsy (half my face was paralyzed) as a result, which came on shortly after starting meds. Luckily when it's Lyme-induced it only lasts as long as the disease itself, so I only had to deal with it for a couple months. Taping my eye shut to sleep was beyond annoying. Hopefully you'll avoid that! ;)
The Possible Human
Santi

Postby Bodywork on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Derek
Had I known last night I would have told you all sort of interesting stories. My wife is an NP and runs into it al the time here in Mass. INterstingly enough we have friends and family in R.I. and toward the Cape. Most of whom have had it several times. One couple is a mess. Shen has permanent arthritis and he wound yp witha heart condition and died! Early detection is key. Stay on the antibiotics and don't "experiment" with your health. My wife has seen all manner of alternative medicine fans who end up in serious trouble. I'm not discounting alternative medicine-just that I need to see empirial results when you or a loved one is involved.
I was amazed at the amount of houses for sale and the lack of buyers, and what are relatives told us about Lyme affecting sales.
Bodywork

Postby Michael on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Last edited by Michael on Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic