Finished another Dog Brothers Gathering

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Finished another Dog Brothers Gathering

Postby strawdog on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:19 pm

I had a fun day and it seems to be getting more fun and play the more I do it. It's official... I've been given my name Straw Dog of the Dog Brothers now. I'm under candidate status at the moment and will be full Dog Brother hopefully by the next gathering. Just FYI. Pics should be up on the DB site sometime this week.
strawdog
Great Old One

Re: Finished another Dog Brothers Gathering

Postby Steve James on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Congrats!
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:11 pm

awesome
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 am

kick ass mang :)
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Dmitri on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:10 am

Congrats man. 8-)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:19 am

Congratulations! Well done!
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby strawdog on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:43 am

I did a double stick fight. I came in with some hit and run game and had him backing up. I knocked the one stick out of my opponent's hand and he charged to close the distance against the advantage of my double stick. I struck him multiple times on the body with double stick and he moved in to grapple. I shoved him at an angle to get a few more body shots. The clinch ultimately prevailed and as I try to duck under and go behind him he took the opportunity for the guillotine choke.

I drove forward and he fell on his back at half guard to sink the gullotine deeper. At this time my beanie, which I wore under the headgear for comfort was pushed down and covered my eyes. I was fighting blind and had to rely on feel. He put the squeeze on my neck causing my head gear to get tighter around my head. At the same time he recovered the stick that I dropped on the ground during the clinch and proceeded to hit me from the bottom position. I grabbed his wrist to control the stick and at the same time I tried to free my head from the guillotine.

I shifted base and as soon as had room I removed my head gear and the beanie. proceeded to systematically break his defense down by first passing guard and establishing the side control. He was heavier than me so I wanted to control his ability to move and lay in some ground and pound.

I dropped multiple elbows on his ribs and moved into an armbar. As he defended the armbar I punch his face once. He let go and I finished.

The adventure continues...
Last edited by strawdog on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby Brady on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:47 am

Sounds like a hell of alot of fun. Dog Bros are only on the West Coast right? I can't find anything like that around Boston.
Brady
Wuji

Postby chud on Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:09 am

Damn beanies...
chud
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:51 am

well done.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:42 am

strawdog wrote:I did a double stick fight. I came in with some hit and run game and had him backing up. I knocked the one stick out of my opponent's hand and he charged to close the distance against the advantage of my double stick. I struck him multiple times on the body with double stick and he moved in to grapple. I shoved him at an angle to get a few more body shots. The clinch ultimately prevailed and as I try to duck under and go behind him he took the opportunity for the guillotine choke.

I drove forward and he fell on his back at half guard to sink the gullotine deeper. At this time my beanie, which I wore under the headgear for comfort was pushed down and covered my eyes. I was fighting blind and had to rely on feel. He put the squeeze on my neck causing my head gear to get tighter around my head. At the same time he recovered the stick that I dropped on the ground during the clinch and proceeded to hit me from the bottom position. I grabbed his wrist to control the stick and at the same time I tried to free my head from the guillotine.

I shifted base and as soon as had room I removed my head gear and the beanie. proceeded to systematically break his defense down by first passing guard and establishing the side control. He was heavier than me so I wanted to control his ability to move and lay in some ground and pound.

I dropped multiple elbows on his ribs and moved into an armbar. As he defended the armbar I punch his face once. He let go and I finished.

The adventure continues...

Sounds great. Did you finish with the arm bar or something else? Sounds like it would be fun to watch.

When I was younger I had long hair which I would keep in a ponytail and under a bandana during class. My teacher loved to get my hair down so it was in my eyes and I was fighting half blind or all blind. Very good practice.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby strawdog on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:48 am

Armbar.

In one of my other fights I also did a "This is Sparta!" kick to my opponent's chest. ;D
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:07 pm

strawdog wrote:In one of my other fights I also did a "This is Sparta!" kick to my opponent's chest. ;D

Awesome!!!
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby strawdog on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Strawdog in the red charging in with a strike to neck.
Last edited by strawdog on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby Butterball on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Awesome! Congratulations! That sounds like a hell of a fight!
Butterball
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic