It would be Interesting ... if

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

It would be Interesting ... if

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:53 am

It's funny how people seem to be able to find the worst news about the candidate they do not support. It'd be interesting if they put out information on the best things about the candidate they do support. That'd be interesting, but if you wanted to see if people really knew what they were talking about, it'd be enlightening if people who supported McC looked for good things to say about Oba. That

That was somewhat refreshing about the early Paul campaign and his supporters here. They tended to say good things about RP, until his chances of winning lessened. So, as I said, it'd be interesting to hear good things --i.e., political platform. I guess you'd call it "positive campaigning." It might even convince people to vote "for" someone, rather than just "against" something.

I don't mind saying that I believe that McCain is a basically honest person who love his country and wants the best for it and its people. I think the same is true of Obama. I don't care at all who any of them have screwed or sucked, ever. Their personal mistakes in the past are none of my business and just not interesting --cause I still screw. Personal stuff is off the table, including race, religion and creed. I don't want to know if McCain's a Mason. And, finally, I don't think the world will end because either of them is elected --if we don't give up and just let it, and then blame someone else for letting it happen.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: It would be Interesting ... if

Postby steelincotton on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:33 am

Ok, I'll give it a try..... :)

There are two things I like about McCain

1. He is extremely soft on illegal immigration, and he basically welcomes all immigrants into our good country (as they should be always).
2. He (on the surface anyway) believes in the global warming crisis, and wants to move forward on that issue.

That's the only things I can think of....
Last edited by steelincotton on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Mike Strong on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:09 pm

John McCain:

* Military Background and Foriegn Policy Experience makes him qualified to be Commader In Chief.

* Believes that less=more when it comes to taxes.

* Believes the best way government can help the people is for the government to get the hell out of the way of the people.

* Believes that we must take the quintesestial American approach to energy policy, that is to say - DO EVERYTHING ! Wind,Solar, Clean Coal, Nukes, Celulosic Bio Fuels, and ( yes hippies) DRILL OFF SHORE !

* Looked into Putin's eyes and saw three letter's - K.G.B.

* On Iraq, - wants to bring the troops home in victory; so that we will not have to go back.

* On Immigration: wants to secure the border first, - then reform immigration law so that law abiding, honest individuals can come here and work.

* Has a hot wife, ...

... I'd do his wife, ( if I was drunk enough ).

Ron Paul For President ! ;)
Mike Strong

Postby Michael on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Steve said "Ron Paul"!
Michael

Postby Muad'dib on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:25 pm

I'm still undecided. I'll try to think of positive things about both:

McCain:

He's not George Bush.

Obama:

He's not George Bush.

The one negative thing I'll say is that when I was younger, I recall how Clinton made a specific and good effort to reach out to younger voters. While seeing him play Sax and the 5th Column didn't really make him more or less qualified, I think it made him more of a person to the youth. He really knew how to use the Media to get across the us (at the time.) Not sure either candidate is doing that these days...
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:15 am

Yeah, I remember that. He was playing the Sax on Lettermen or something. I thought it was cool at the time too. And he was also up against Bob Dole, which no one under 70 at that time could really relate to...
MikeC

Postby steelincotton on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:39 am

Mike Strong wrote:John McCain:

Geesh Mike, you must be one horny fella, she's gotta be close to 60 now! To top it all off, her face is starting to look like a grill cheese sandwich with all the plastic surgery she's had. ;D
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby qiphlow on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:06 am

steelincotton wrote:
Mike Strong wrote:John McCain:

Geesh Mike, you must be one horny fella, she's gotta be close to 60 now! To top it all off, her face is starting to look like a grill cheese sandwich with all the plastic surgery she's had. ;D

to be fair, he did say that he'd need some serious beer goggles...
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:12 am

54 years old. Older than Walter...goddamn
;D
MikeC

Postby Royal Dragon on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:32 am

If I was 54, I d do her. I'm only 40 though.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:18 pm

Zhan Zhuang practice fortifies The Kiddney Jing,..

... and Arrogant Bastard is 7.2% Alcohol by volume ! -toast-
Mike Strong

Postby Muad'dib on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:58 pm

The killer thing about Dole is that everyone always said he'd never get elected because he was boring. Then I think two elections ago he was on with John Stewart as the special correspondent for the Election, and it turns out when he wasn't playing politician the guy was funny as fucking hell.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic