Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Postby klonk on Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:35 pm

Doc Stier wrote:Most certainly, there are many members of every religion who consider anything outside the norm of their faith beliefs as a demonic threat to their spiritual wellbeing. However, if that was really true, the Old Testament prophets would have to be rejected as such by that same standard, yet they are not. Paranoid thinking is a clear sign of weak faith, imo. :-\

The Old Testament prophets were indeed rejected. “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!"

Jude exhorts us to contend "for the faith once for all delivered to the saints." Now, there are similarities in other insights and faiths and viewpoints, but what is it Jude is talking about here? What separates Christian from other views? What, Father, is heresy?
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:28 pm

The Old Testament prophets were indeed rejected by the Israelites of their day, but are generally not rejected in the Christian tradition.

Nonetheless, the prophetic phenomenon they allowed to manifest through themselves was in fact an extrasensory awareness phenomenon at its core. 8-)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:01 am

I would like to add >enlightening< to the bag.
Prophets , shamans or Taoists sage share the same state of mind .
It can be achieved by quite different approach.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:19 am

Quite so. Many roads can lead to the same destination. Thus, the variety of seemingly different methods and approaches presented on this thread over the past 10 years, which can all potentially produce the same phenomenon of Extrasensory Situational Awareness. 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Fri May 28, 2021 10:19 am

Does anyone here have any thoughts or opinions regarding a potential relationship between Extrasensory Awareness and Wei-Chi?
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:03 pm

If you are talking wei qi as in the qi contained within the cutaneous regions? Then I can see it being applied to clairsentience or subtle sense of touch.

If you are talking wei qi as in the defensive force that surrounds the physical body, roughly three feet in a spherical shape, then I can see it being associated both the mental body and the Sphere of Sensation. So yes in both cases depending upon what you are talking about.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:37 pm

I agree on both points. Thanks for responding. 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:53 am

tingling sensation felt all over the body , as the effect of receiving/reading emotional state peps, around.
Suppose, that diggin` in to this will fruits very clear picture.
Sometimes emotion show itself with the banner .
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 am

wiesiek wrote:tingling sensation felt all over the body , as the effect of receiving/reading emotional state peps, around.
Suppose, that diggin` in to this will fruits very clear picture.
Sometimes emotion show itself with the banner .

Interesting comments, but a bit too vague for me to understand. Would you be willing to unpack that and elaborate more on how your post relates to the thread topic? Thanks. :)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:15 am

ok, I will try,:
Suddenly w/o any sign of warning, you`re finding yourself in quite different surrounding. Difference is in amount of information which you are able to fill/detect . They are receiving by all senses all the time, however today you became sensitive to the level of felling it,
so
we can call it- "extrasensory" :).
Unfortunately, I`m still unable to directly connect availability of such state, with any particular part of my training/meditation.
Then, my shot is- you getting it when your mind is ready.
How make mind ready? - The Way is only one,but paths are as much as minds ;)
So
I can speak only about my experience.
And speakin` so , for ex. - "tingling" sensation/s/ I connect with my >wei qi< sensitivity,
- deep "gut feeling" with direct danger,
emotion with the banner - I named such state, when you know at once what it is.
Visions - I sow anger on the top of somebody head (with the sound, like bunch of angry bees , or molecules) , while anger witch anxiety was located around right temple.

Anyway, it is very hard to live in our contemporary city in such state of the mind. Right now I know, why far away temples are so popular among internal geeks.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 am

Thank you, sir. Great reply with excellent observations. 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:15 am

In reviewing the comments and opinions expressed on this thread topic during the nearly 10 years time of its presence here, it seems quite clear that the vast majority of those who claim to study and practice any IMA style apparently only train the external physical exercises of some so-called internal art, i.e. the form sets, drills, and partner practices, but don't really investigate or focus much on the inner mental modifications or the energetic phenomenons these may produce, which have traditionally distinguished IMA styles from other types of martial arts. :-\
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:50 pm

It's the result of a bunch of factors. Chinese as a language being incredibly imprecise, the whole "I have a secret" thing, the need to maintain hierarchy/the rice bowl, cognitive dissonance and many people here being staunch materialists to just to name a few reasons why virtually no one "gets it." Properly doing internal training seems to take a minimum IQ of somewhere north of 115 so that further limits who can do it as well. Add in the time constraints of training this stuff being a full time job and I think the answer presents itself.

The reality is that this kind of training is uncommon in general. Even on the rare occasion someone gets the right training, is able to do the work and is interested they frequently find the experience is so frightening that they simply run away. Others have that "enlightenment moment", essentially get what they want when they do and walk away forever. Very few who go the distance stick with it. If for no reason it makes you perpetually unwelcome around the unware.

Add to this the fact that roughly one in four high level practitioners follow a path that forces them to engage with others, the other three tend to favor practice at the expense of being social and the odds are against someone who shows interest ever going the distance.
Last edited by Peacedog on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:03 pm

It's like a distance runner at the end of a race who is willing to give it everything they have. It's no longer about training but being in the moment and finding what they are made of. Some runners check out mentally although they are physically capable of turning it on when they need to. In IMA, when it counts, the physical manifestation of the art is not as important as what the mind does. Most practitioners never understand what it means to go deep within themselves. That is where IMA lives, not in the hands and feet.

Everyone is born with the ability to harness the mind but few are able to use these martial methods with the proper amount of intent or to even understand how this type of intention works. One has to believe in it first and then believe that they can use it when the time comes. The ones who can do this is are rare indeed.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:03 am

Peacedog wrote:It's the result of a bunch of factors. Chinese as a language being incredibly imprecise, the whole "I have a secret" thing, the need to maintain hierarchy/the rice bowl, cognitive dissonance and many people here being staunch materialists to just to name a few reasons why virtually no one "gets it." Properly doing internal training seems to take a minimum IQ of somewhere north of 115 so that further limits who can do it as well. Add in the time constraints of training this stuff being a full time job and I think the answer presents itself.

The reality is that this kind of training is uncommon in general. Even on the rare occasion someone gets the right training, is able to do the work and is interested they frequently find the experience is so frightening that they simply run away. Others have that "enlightenment moment", essentially get what they want when they do and walk away forever. Very few who go the distance stick with it. If for no reason it makes you perpetually unwelcome around the unware.

Add to this the fact that roughly one in four high level practitioners follow a path that forces them to engage with others, the other three tend to favor practice at the expense of being social and the odds are against someone who shows interest ever going the distance.

Excellent points! Additionally, modern scientific research estimates that the average person rarely uses more than 10-15% of their mental capabilities, regardless of their inherited intelligence, perhaps never even reaching a meager 25% efficiency overall. :o

Add to that the wide spectrum of differences in natural talent or other personal attributes, and the sliding scale of probable success in practicing any IMA style dramatically declines exponentially.

Many are those who enter the gate, but very few are those who successfully follow any path to its end. :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic