Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:05 am

Thanks, Steve! An excellent example of Extrasensory Situational Awareness automatically manifested subconsciously, without conscious intent or selection of response. This is allowing it to happen, rather than making it happen, that I referred to previously. 8-)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:09 am

Yeah, I tend to think that most "extrasensory" effects are actually sensory effects that are bypassing the conscious mind. We're always smelling, tasting, hearing, feeling, but the conscious mind can't focus on all of them simultaneously, and tends to privilege sight. The not-conscious mind can do many activities simultaneously, not least the autonomic functions. But, that too can have some drawbacks.

It's a paradox. You can't turn the unconscious mind on using the conscious mind, and it can be very difficult to turn the conscious mind off. You can't tell yourself to stop thinking. If you're telling yourself to relax, you're not relaxed. (I don't mean to sound so definite. This is all ymmv).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Steve James wrote:I tend to think that most "extrasensory" effects are actually sensory effects that are bypassing the conscious mind. We're always smelling, tasting, hearing, feeling, but the conscious mind can't focus on all of them simultaneously, and tends to privilege sight. The not-conscious mind can do many activities simultaneously, not least the autonomic functions. But, that too can have some drawbacks.

It's a paradox. You can't turn the unconscious mind on using the conscious mind, and it can be very difficult to turn the conscious mind off. You can't tell yourself to stop thinking. If you're telling yourself to relax, you're not relaxed. (I don't mean to sound so definite. This is all ymmv).

In my experience, extrasensory phenomena are manifestations of far more then mere "sensory effects that are bypassing the consciousness mind". Although these functions of the deeper mind may seem to be "not conscious", since they operate in the absence of normal conscious awareness and without conscious analysis or decision making, they nonetheless apparently occur through intelligent design and direction, which thus seems to reflect a super-conscious part of the deep mind.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:49 pm

Hmm, I guess in my opinion, the abilities are natural. In an animal, we'd describe it as instinct. I'd say that anything I sense is sensory, or a feeling. I don't doubt that people train for extrasensory awareness. At the same time, I think that little voice in one's head that "thinks" isn't capable of managing all sensory inputs simultaenously. Don't text and drive. It's also possible to train not to allow that consciousness to occlude the other senses. It's like training to avoid target fixation.

Anyway, jmo.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Tatanka on Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:37 pm

With regards to sending/receiving:
i don’t know about “extra” sensory,
but the capacity for action or “sending” seems directly dependant on the capacity for sense, or “receiving.”

it’s kind of hard to wiggle your fingers if your arm is numb.
kind of hard for a deaf violinist to know what they’re playing,
unless they’re some kind of elf.
Óðinn á yðr alla!
Tatanka
Santi

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:28 am

"There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen." Rumi
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:54 am

Steve James wrote:"There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen." Rumi

That's the heart of the matter, isn't it? To be aware of and respond to informative input which can't be seen, heard or felt exclusively through the ordinary conscious sensory perceptions. Thus, such phenomenon typically can't be consciously made to happen, but can usually only be subconsciously allowed to happen. 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:27 am

yes,
feeling thru the senses (even on subconscious level) is quite different, than direct connection with >higher been<.
1st one - are communicating thru body language, while the 2nd one,- by direct touch of the info.
Both are received and "translated" subconsciously.

Animals >instinct< communicate directly with they "Guarding Angel"
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:29 am

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:23 am

Steve James wrote:https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/how-many-senses-do-we-have/amp/

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:17 am

I thought that might interest you.:)
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic