Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Dmitri wrote:Oh well, carry on, I guess...

I don't get it, -- but hey, maybe it's just me.

Yep, it's definitely just you. :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:30 pm

I didn't make any "snide remarks" Doc, I stated my simple observations. If you say others are enjoying it -- great. That still doesn't explain how is this thread (or at least its last half or so) different from a blog, but that's OK, I'll live. :)

And no, I wasn't trying to derail it... I would have found a hell of a lot better and much more fun way to do that, if that were indeed my intent.

Do carry on; enjoy yourself!
Dmitri
Great Old One

Mindful Awareness

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:04 am

Worth considering is whether mindful awareness is solely a function of the conscious thinking mind, or also something that can actually be programmed into the deeper subconscious mind to become part of our automatic reactions and spontaneous responses, even in circumstances where things suddenly and unexpectedly occur faster than conscious thought can process. Such unthinking awareness might be akin to a anti-virus program on a computer, which runs invisibly in the background without being noticed until it detects a threat requiring a response. 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Focused awareness

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Through focused awareness, your truth is revealed to you in the silent space between your thoughts.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

'Magnetic' Sixth Sense

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:58 am

Humans May Have 'Magnetic' Sixth Sense by Jeanna Bryner, LiveScience Managing Editor

Humans may have a sixth sense after all, suggests a new study finding that a protein in the human retina, when placed into fruit flies, has the ability to detect magnetic fields.

The researchers caution that the results suggest this human protein has the capability to work as a magnetosensor; however, whether or not humans use it in that way is not known.

"It poses the question, 'maybe we should rethink about this sixth sense,'" Steven Reppert, of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, told LiveScience. "It is thought to be very important for how animals migrate. Perhaps this protein is also fulfilling an important function for sensing magnetic fields in humans."

Past research has suggested that in addition to helping animals such as sea turtles and migratory birds navigate, the ability to detect magnetic fields could help with visual spatial perception. Reppert said to picture a magnetic-field coordinate system overlaid on objects we view. [7 Amazing Superhuman Abilities]

"It may aid how animals perceive how objects are in time and space in a way we haven't thought about before," said Reppert, who is a neurobiologist.

Animals' magnetic sense is thought to rely on special proteins called cryptochromes, which are also found in the human retina. While past behavioral research has suggested humans can't sense magnetic fields, with studies showing such a capability remaining controversial, there is evidence that geomagnetism affects the light system in our eyes.

To see if humans perhaps possessed this other sense, Reppert and his colleagues tested wild fruit flies, with their cryptochromes intact, and those that had their own cryptochromes replaced with the human version of the protein.

They placed the fruit flies into a T-shaped maze, with each arm equipped with a coil wrapped in such a way that when a current was sent through it, the coil became magnetized. The team varied which side was magnetized and its strength, which went up to eight times that of Earth's magnetic field.

The flies with the human cryptochromes showed sensitivity to the magnetic fields — either avoiding them as they might naturally do if not acclimated to the magnetism, or showing a preference for the magnetized arm of the maze when trained with sugar rewards to go toward the magnetic field.

The human protein only worked in the blue range of light, the researchers found.

The research is detailed in the June 21, 2011 issue of the journal Nature Communications.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Defensive Awareness

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Human communication is predominantly non-verbal, with mental intent expressed in three basic ways. Research studies indicate that only 7% of our ability to interpret another person's intent is based on language or words, and a mere 38% expressed through the sound of a person's voice, but a huge 55% is projected through body language. Pretty amazing considering the high priority so many people place on language skills in person to person communication.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby amor on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:14 pm

I like this one DocSteir, good to see you doing your bit to instill good old fashion policing via the intrawebs. But what if there is a 'ghostly apparition' waiting in the shadows for you. I'm sure you've seen the movie The Entity which is a true story and we all know what that evil poltergeist/spirit was doing .... so how would one be on their guard against such an entity?
amor
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 am

amor: based solely upon my own experience, I believe that the source of any negative energy or intention is irrelevant in the ability to effectively detect it or the ability to respond to it. -shrug-
Last edited by Doc Stier on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby amor on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 pm

well if your runnin with the huajin then you probably dont need to worry as your superior energy will just vanquish the predatory entity without you being aware but for the rest be prepared to have any orifice, of said predatory entities choosing, poked around with :D
As for 'the rest' their energy is probably considered primitive anyway compared to a yoga or daoist priest so nothing to worry about anyways...unless ofcourse you happen to cross paths with an especially evil one -shrug-
amor
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Huh? You lost me with all that. ???

Sounds like a totally separate topic, which should be addressed in a new thread, as it is not the focus of this one! :-\
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby amor on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:36 am

Doc Stier wrote:Huh? You lost me with all that. ???

Sounds like a totally separate topic, which should be addressed in a new thread, as it is not the focus of this one! :-\

I apologize DocSteir if I lost you :) But have you even seen The Entity because if you have then you would know what I was talking about ?

But anyhow I think it brings up an important aspect which is very much related to this thread. Anyway I won't elaborate more on what I was getting at since your obviously bothered by it but I just think its important to cover all bases, or orifices (no pun intended), from all types of would-be intruders :)
Last edited by amor on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
amor
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:38 am

Not bothered. I haven't seen the film you referred to and thus cannot comment on the content. Additionally, I don't share your preoccupation with orifices, and don't find that line of thought relevant to normal everyday situational awareness. Sorry! :-\
Doc Stier
Great Old One

MInd Power

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Last edited by Doc Stier on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Mind Power

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Last edited by Doc Stier on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby amor on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:33 am

Doc Stier wrote:Not bothered. I haven't seen the film you referred to and thus cannot comment on the content. Additionally, I don't share your preoccupation with orifices, and don't find that line of thought relevant to normal everyday situational awareness. Sorry! :-\

I am not preoccupied with orifices but I had no other way to describe it. Anyway it's not worth continuing since you have not seen The Entity and I thought you had, thought everybody had (I mean cummon ... it's based on a true story dude!!!) so I will humbly bow out of this now but if you do decide to watch The Entity please do get back to me on this, if you so desire!
amor
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic