Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:05 am

Thanks, Steve! An excellent example of Extrasensory Situational Awareness automatically manifested subconsciously, without conscious intent or selection of response. This is allowing it to happen, rather than making it happen, that I referred to previously. 8-)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:09 am

Yeah, I tend to think that most "extrasensory" effects are actually sensory effects that are bypassing the conscious mind. We're always smelling, tasting, hearing, feeling, but the conscious mind can't focus on all of them simultaneously, and tends to privilege sight. The not-conscious mind can do many activities simultaneously, not least the autonomic functions. But, that too can have some drawbacks.

It's a paradox. You can't turn the unconscious mind on using the conscious mind, and it can be very difficult to turn the conscious mind off. You can't tell yourself to stop thinking. If you're telling yourself to relax, you're not relaxed. (I don't mean to sound so definite. This is all ymmv).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Steve James wrote:I tend to think that most "extrasensory" effects are actually sensory effects that are bypassing the conscious mind. We're always smelling, tasting, hearing, feeling, but the conscious mind can't focus on all of them simultaneously, and tends to privilege sight. The not-conscious mind can do many activities simultaneously, not least the autonomic functions. But, that too can have some drawbacks.

It's a paradox. You can't turn the unconscious mind on using the conscious mind, and it can be very difficult to turn the conscious mind off. You can't tell yourself to stop thinking. If you're telling yourself to relax, you're not relaxed. (I don't mean to sound so definite. This is all ymmv).

In my experience, extrasensory phenomena are manifestations of far more then mere "sensory effects that are bypassing the consciousness mind". Although these functions of the deeper mind may seem to be "not conscious", since they operate in the absence of normal conscious awareness and without conscious analysis or decision making, they nonetheless apparently occur through intelligent design and direction, which thus seems to reflect a super-conscious part of the deep mind.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:49 pm

Hmm, I guess in my opinion, the abilities are natural. In an animal, we'd describe it as instinct. I'd say that anything I sense is sensory, or a feeling. I don't doubt that people train for extrasensory awareness. At the same time, I think that little voice in one's head that "thinks" isn't capable of managing all sensory inputs simultaenously. Don't text and drive. It's also possible to train not to allow that consciousness to occlude the other senses. It's like training to avoid target fixation.

Anyway, jmo.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Tatanka on Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:37 pm

With regards to sending/receiving:
i don’t know about “extra” sensory,
but the capacity for action or “sending” seems directly dependant on the capacity for sense, or “receiving.”

it’s kind of hard to wiggle your fingers if your arm is numb.
kind of hard for a deaf violinist to know what they’re playing,
unless they’re some kind of elf.
Óðinn á yðr alla!
Tatanka
Santi

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:28 am

"There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen." Rumi
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:54 am

Steve James wrote:"There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen." Rumi

That's the heart of the matter, isn't it? To be aware of and respond to informative input which can't be seen, heard or felt exclusively through the ordinary conscious sensory perceptions. Thus, such phenomenon typically can't be consciously made to happen, but can usually only be subconsciously allowed to happen. 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:27 am

yes,
feeling thru the senses (even on subconscious level) is quite different, than direct connection with >higher been<.
1st one - are communicating thru body language, while the 2nd one,- by direct touch of the info.
Both are received and "translated" subconsciously.

Animals >instinct< communicate directly with they "Guarding Angel"
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:29 am

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:23 am

Steve James wrote:https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/how-many-senses-do-we-have/amp/

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:17 am

I thought that might interest you.:)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:28 am

I have often wondered if or how the Shen phase of IMA inner cultivation methods influences extrasensory awareness experience. Have any thoughts on that?
Last edited by Doc Stier on Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:50 am

Yes, I have some thoughts on that. Yet the time I have right now is not enough to produce an answer that would satisfy me.

Let me tell you (addressing the public here) - if you thought the physical pain was bad, wait until you have to open your senses to the truth about yourself, the society we live in, the world beyond. Witnessing clearly what is, and what isn't, and listening to the voice that doesn't speak.

As Qi is being transformed to Shen, the 5 senses are energized. You will start to feel the connection of the head sensory organs to your physical, metabolic organs (are the 5organs in the trunk sensory in some capacity as well? hehehe). Then, as the abundant energy works on clarifying and vitalizing the sense gates, information from inside and outside is being exchanged. To be continued!
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:24 pm

Wood Liver Eyes Fascia Hun Eternal-Soul Upwards

Fire Heart Tongue Blood Shen Incarnated-Soul Outwards

Earth Stomach Cheeks Yi Operating-Soul Stable

Metal Lungs Nose Po Limiting-Soul Downwards

Water Kidneys Ears Zhi Dissolving-Soul Inwards

All these qualities and their transitional phases, relationships need to be summoned together and at once. Then a clear Shen is produced.

Hun is unlimited potential, Po is limiting it to earthly existence. As Hun's capacities are slowly realized, Shen is turning into a ten thousand petaled Lotus. Unstained, numerous, luminous.

As Shen opens, more insight and with that responsibility come. The ordinary senses are sharpened a great deal. When witnessing Shen long enough in a calm manner, Yi begins to manifest.

Yi is the complete realization of unity, but yet not detailed enough. Karma is beginning to be understood. More responsibility, more ability. Yi is arriving in the spirited world of things.

When Yi understands it's rightfully limited nature in comparison to the always existing, eternal Nature in the way of things, Po is starting to form.

Po is calm rationalization, meant to confine and organize all of the chaotic creative energy coming from Hun. It allows to set the size of one operating unit.

Zhi is dissolving one's boundaries because one realizes or is required to. It allows to create freedom where there was none before hand. From nothing comes everything.

Now let's add a little science infotainment: as the oceans way back when Dino's didn't even exist birthed the first biological life - in an absolute mess of lightning, volcanoes, cosmic interference, Arnold Schwarzenegger riding a T Rex .
From what looked like chaos, life was able to form.

That's Zhi to Hun.

To be Hun-tinued!
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:18 pm

Hun also has a directive function. It serves to shape new life from the fluid, unknown, watery potential.

It's time to love, people. It's time to love people. It's time! Time to leave behind our hatred towards each other. Or at least minimize the horrible stuff you do to each other, would ya. We all have our reasons, just sprinkle a little love for all creation in and you're good to go. Why do we mistrust each other? Well I wouldn't fuck a pussy where I didn't make sure it smelled good beforehand! All of our decisions bear equal weight. There is nobody above you or below you. You are all that you are. You are enough and you are whole. There is no reason to sent forth unnecessary suffering into this world. Folk manage to be shitty enough to themselves already. Manage your own state of being first and foremost. Once you got yourself covered, you may extend to others without much worry.

Once you start adding up all that's happening around us, the only conclusion is love. You need love to bear the suffering of the world. The bigger the love inside you, the less you are affected by outside circumstances. To feel this love, we have to let go of a lot of unnecessary mental burdens. Meditation is the way to achieve that. Christians call it the holy spirit. Or you move from the Fire phase to Earth phase. After the purgatory, you are left clarified and can witness more clearly. Mentioning Metta meditation is appropriate.

Tai Chi is a superb method to accompany such a transformative process if one chooses to commit to such an undertaking.
Quigga

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic