Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Postby wiesiek on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:44 am

hi Doc.
I would politely disagree,
from my personal experience: sending and receiving are transmitted simultaneously,
personal ability - is the only bordering factor .
Two way radio system (with big additions of the "white noise" :) ) is relatively easy to achieve (in meaning of the time spended to feel the effects )
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:38 am

Well, I think Doc's right. There's a time for talking and a time for listening. If you're doing one, you're not doing the other. Listening and being receptive are also much harder states to achieve. It's like having a student who doesn't listen because he thinks he knows the answers already.

Yep, the world and everything in it talks. Old Indian saying.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:22 am

Generally speaking, most people are overtly better talkers than listeners. Thus, regarding more subtle psychic communication of any kind, they are usually also better senders than receivers. :-\
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:56 am

isn`t it two sided coin?
Problem is - to try turning it over and see both sides in the same time, (open two channels at once)
or
better - do not try, just let it to happen. Kinda of hard to achieve essence of IMA... (only if you trying to do so :D )
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:24 am

“Drink water from the spring where horses drink. The horse will never drink bad water. Lay your bed where the cat sleeps. Eat the fruit that has been touched by a worm. Boldly pick the mushroom on which the insects sit. Plant the tree where the mole digs. Build your house where the snake sits to warm itself. Dig your fountain where the birds hide from heat. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time with the birds – you will reap all of the days golden grains. Eat more green – you will have strong legs and a resistant heart, like the beings of the forest. Swim often and you will feel on earth like the fish in the water. Look at the sky as often as possible and your thoughts will become light and clear. Be quiet a lot, speak little – and silence will come in your heart, and your spirit will be calm and full of peace.”

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Nature is talking to you, are you listening?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:35 am

a slightly different rule of nature in the concrete jungle.....however here in my "small" city although i basically live in downtown every now and then an annoying rooster somewhere in the neighbourhood wakes me up with its cockerelling cry. and somewhere out there an stray dog barks too often and too long in the middle of the night......sometime makes me think unsaintly things..... 8-)
Last edited by Trick on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trick

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:39 am

Hahaha! ;D
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:12 pm

Do any of you have any thoughts regarding how phenomenon like psychic readings or remote viewing relate to the subject matter of this thread?
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:07 pm

For me "extra" sensory perception implies the perception of something with other than the physical (recognized) senses. I'm inclined to believe that it comes down to an individual's perception of something without perceiving it to be the effect of physical sensing. I.e., they've perceived something, but don't know the mechanism. However, a "gut feeling" is an actual feeling.

Psychic experiences, remote viewing, or astral projection are acts of consciousness. Whether an individual is able to do those things is another question.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:34 pm

Don’t know how it works(who does?), perhaps there is an universal consciousness we’re all a part of, all connected to?
Two stories of mine that make me believe it may be so.

Late 1980’s i wake up in the hostel dormitory I installed myself for my Okinawan Karate training rendezvous, feeling extremely disturbed from the dream I just had.
In the dream I meet my good friend at home, he’s in a wheelchair missing his two legs, he say he was run over by a train.
I continue my travels in east Asia for a couple of more months. Back home I go to my parents house to pick up my key to my apartment, first thing they say after hugging me welcome home is that my friends brother had been killed in a train “accident”.

Years later on an errand to the main library in my hometown. After just parking my car an old lady walks up to me holding up an plastic bag askin what she was to do with these two dead birds she put in the bag, I said I’m sorry and I’m in a hurry maybe you should just leave them there by the trees.
(The library had a new additional building annexed to the old one, the new was all glass facade which reflected the surrounding trees of the park the library is located in, birds think it’s a free flight among the trees and crash into the facade)
Two weeks after, my brother and his family where going for a two week vacation to Spain, they let my mother take care of their two birds
Two weeks after she had passed away, that was eight/eleven. The next month two planes flew into the two WTC buildings.
Lots of Two’s in there, perhaps just coincidences...or something else, If something else then how could one know/understand that until later when the whole picture is there?
Last edited by Trick on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Do any of you have any thoughts regarding how phenomenon like psychic readings or remote viewing relate to the subject matter of this thread?

Gotta go back to the original post for this thread in order to refresh my memory of the subject matter:

Nor does it have anything to do with anything magical, mystical, or occult in nature. On the contrary, it simply involves understanding the natural abilities of the human mind, which were an integral part of the hunter/warrior mindset in more primitive times, but now tend to be either ignored or overlooked by people in modern societies.

The simple, yet not so simple, key is thus the ability to adopt a quiet, passive state of mind capable of turning off the constant outward mental transmission in order to more effectively access other information not being generated by your own mental activity. In this regard, any method of personal mind control that develops greater calmness and inner quietude will make you a better intuitive receiver. This is true of regularly structured practices such as meditation, contemplative prayer, self-induced trance, auto-hypnosis states, and other methods which develop more open access to the deeper states of mind where intuitive phenomenon normally reside, beyond the realm of normal wakeful consciousness.

I think a calm mind allows for intuitive knowledge of upcoming events, especially dangerous ones, and that this is a latent ability in all people. However, I think psychic readings and remote viewings have a longstanding position from a Christian perspective as being the result of demonic influence, perhaps not in all cases, but usually.

There is the story of the fakir in Colombo and the priest who apparently interrupted his ability to project images with the Jesus Prayer.

A Fakir's "Miracle" and the Prayer of Jesus. By Archimandrite Nicholas Drobyazgin wrote:Eastern "spirituality" is by no means limited to such mediumistic "tricks" as this fakir practiced; we shall see some of its more sincere aspects in the next chapter. Still, all the power that is given to the practitioners of Eastern religions comes from the same phenomenon of mediumism, whose central characteristic is a passiveness before "spiritual" reality that enables one to enter into contact with the "gods" of the non-Christian religions. This phenomenon may be seen in Eastern Meditation" (even when it may be given the name of "Christian"), and perhaps even in those strange "gifts" which in our days of spiritual decline are mislabeled "charismatic.."

Considering that psychic readings and remote viewings are normally about events much farther into the future than imminent self-defense scenarios, for which a person is innocent of any wrong doing for protecting himself in an emergency, these other types of extrasensory awareness can be cultivated for either benevolent or malevolent reasons.
Michael

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:35 am

Most certainly, there are many members of every religion who consider anything outside the norm of their faith beliefs as a demonic threat to their spiritual wellbeing. However, if that was really true, the Old Testament prophets would have to be rejected as such by that same standard, yet they are not. Paranoid thinking is a clear sign of weak faith, imo. :-\
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:47 pm

Prophets are exceptional. I was thinking about all the tarot readers in Hong Kong on Temple St.
Michael

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:09 am

Understood and agreed. There are many frauds, imo, among psychic seers, tarot card readers, crystal gazers, I-Ching consultants, intuitive healers, etc. They are a rare breed. :-\
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:17 pm

.all the tarot readers in Hong Kong
tarot readers in China! Even the occultish stuff is sneaked in to China, Halloween been around for some years, but now also the tarot decks...worrisome
Last edited by Trick on Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic