McCain picks Sarah Palin as his VP

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: McCain picks Sarah Palin as his VP

Postby neijia_boxer on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:36 pm

i hope she and mcain to a charity hockey game and she shoots the puck and hits mccain right between the eyes- killing him and she become prez.
neijia_boxer

Postby Buddy on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:53 pm

I'm still voting Libertarian but this was a brilliant political move. Where's Obama on the news? Totally tossed him off the front page.

"you guys are retards for thinking McCain should be president. You people need to get behind Obama. You guys are fuck tards"

I thought we got rid of all those kids from Dragon's List.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 pm

38,000,000 people watched Barack Obama last night. Only 40,000 watched McCain today.
Last edited by C-Hopkins on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby tastydurian on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:31 pm

How can anyone take this image seriously?
tastydurian
Anjing

Postby nianfong on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:34 pm

obama is the man. he's the only positive force in the entire election. all the others just slag each other with insults and lies. mccain is a piece of shit who sold out his own beliefs to the party line. There is no way I'd support that asshole.

Thomas Jefferson once said, "In matters of style, go with the flow. In matters of principle, stand like a rock."
mccain = in matters of principle, went with the flow.
obama is sticking to his principles.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby C-Hopkins on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Nice.

News Flash:

Hurrican Gustav will arrive around the beginning of the week, precisely 3 years after Hurricane Katrina-

And if the News predictions hold,it will make landfall Right at the start of the Republican National Convention-

and is headed straight for New Orleans.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby MikeC on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:44 pm

For those that are sqwaking about Palin's lack of experience, history tells us that Governor's tend to make better Execs because of their managerial experience. Certainly better than Civil Rights attorneys from corrupt Chicago...
MikeC

Postby C-Hopkins on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:05 pm

Palin's a gimmick.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby C-Hopkins on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Scenario:

McCain Dies.

If Palin was placed into a situation where she had to sit across the table from Vladamir Putin (who worked for the KGB and was an assasin), could she -the soccer mom-
not only stand up to him, but run the board on him and force him into political submission?

What do you think?
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Nope.
Chris Fleming

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

C-Hopkins wrote:Scenario:

McCain Dies.

If Palin was placed into a situation where she had to sit across the table from Vladamir Putin (who worked for the KGB and was an assasin), could she -the soccer mom-
not only stand up to him, but run the board on him and force him into political submission?

What do you think?

Hmm, well I don't know her. But, I know that if the situations were reversed and she were Obama's running mate, I'm sure the question wouldn't be "what do you think?" but "would you bet your life on it?" Hillary suggested it when it came to Obama, and it's entirely fair to ask it of anyone who might be in that position.

I don't "know" Obama well enough, either, but I know much more about him. He's been through the wringer for 9 months. I only heard about her yesterday. Nope, I can't name all the governors of all the states. So, it'd just be silly of me to answer "Yes."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby kenneth delves on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Its all about politics, Biden to attract blue collar voters, Palin to corral the 'pant suit sisterhood'. I will vote for Obama, not because I think he is the new messiah but because anybody is preferable to a bush clone. Matbe he will do great things, but I'm not holding my breath. He is already talking about atomic energy as an alternative energy sourcs and the lobbyists are out in droves. Po;itics as usual
kenneth delves
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:37 pm

I was raised in Alaska, 28 years there; you want more bush and the same of the past eight years vote for McCain and his new narrow minded religious lapdog.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby klonk on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:40 pm

She is smart and capable. She is also cute. She is gonna draw off a lot of the women's vore, and a substantial part of the men's vote as well. Will it be enough?

As to how she would stack up against KGB/ 3rd Dan Putin, I dunno. Has she done any hunting in Alaska? :)
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:20 pm

If you've ever seen a soccer mom on the warpath, you wouldn't wonder if she could handle Putin. I think she could take him, but he'd do the smart thing and just ignore her. Like he will do no matter who is president.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic