Sarah Palin under ethics investigations in Alaska

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Sarah Palin under ethics investigations in Alaska

Postby chud on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:18 pm

steelincotton wrote:...the little nymphet's demonseed. What a little whore she must be.

Uncalled for.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Wuyizidi on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:39 pm

steelincotton wrote: ;D ;D ;D ;D Now that's some good sarcastic humor right there. Yes, we dems just hate family! LOL.

For the record I would have said the same thing if this happened to a democrat. I don't like inconsistencies. If this were Chelsea Clinton, I can guarantee we'd see all the conservative pundits and politicians saying "what do you expect, this is just the sinful way of liberals!" Now that it happened to a conservative, they're all but ready to give them medals for 1) not getting abortion, 2) getting married. That's one level of inconsistency, at level of action.

What's worse are the inconsistencies at deeper, theoretical level: if you are a conservative, sex before marriage is wrong, people should be ashamed of their wrongdoings, wrongdoings should be punished, children are impressionable, therefore their parents are at fault when something like this happens...etc. Here these wrongdoings and failures are rewarded with support. That's not conservatism.

So many things just don't make sense here:

What kind of 17 year old girl, seeing her mother giving birth to a child with serious genetic defects, decides "hey, let's have unprotected sex, because sex looks like fun with no possible negative consequences..."

And the parent, how many of us, if we were parent of 5 young children, one son going to Iraq, one daughter who is still a child giving birth to another (who needs all the support she can get just to become a normal, educated, functional adult despite all these burdens she's not ready for), a 4 month old infant with severe disabilities, a trooper-gate scandal to fight,... would invite the all-intense gaze of the public to this family in turmoil by choosing to be the VP candidate of a 72 year old 4 time cancer survivor with high cholesterol (8 of our 43 presidents died in office)?

Palin must have very strong convictions/motivations for wanting to do that, because here she is clearly putting the welfare of the country above that of her family.

Wuyizidi
/registered independent
Last edited by Wuyizidi on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
勤学,苦练, 慎思, 明辨。
心与境寂,道随悟深。

http://internalmartialart.wordpress.com/
Wuyizidi
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:14 pm

Tom wrote:
Wuyizidi wrote:[
Palin must have very strong convictions/motivations for wanting to do that, because here she is clearly putting the welfare of the country above that of her family.

Wuyizidi
/registered independent

"Very strong convictions/motivations" = simple, unadulterated lust for power = clear-eyed ambition.

I wouldn't be so sure she has the welfare of the country in mind.

That's pretty much my take on her. I think that she's very dangerous and about as cute as a viper - a real piece of asp.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:18 pm

C'mon Mike C.. Use your head. Are all black Republicans voting for Obama. Yeah, I know about reality. Like I said, the difference is that I don't know ANY black people who wouldn't vote for a white president. So, the fact that black Democrats will probably vote for Obama, just like they would have voted for Hillary, means absolutely squat.

It's not me who's avoiding anything. It's not me who brought up the race card, either. You' brought it up because of Sarah Palin.

Like I said from the beginning, speak for yourself. Are you voting against the black candidate? If you wouldn't, then let the people who are speak for themselves.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Steve James wrote:C'mon Mike C.. Use your head. Are all black Republicans voting for Obama. Yeah, I know about reality. Like I said, the difference is that I don't know ANY black people who wouldn't vote for a white president. So, the fact that black Democrats will probably vote for Obama, just like they would have voted for Hillary, means absolutely squat.

It's not me who's avoiding anything. It's not me who brought up the race card, either. You' brought it up because of Sarah Palin.

Like I said from the beginning, speak for yourself. Are you voting against the black candidate? If you wouldn't, then let the people who are speak for themselves.

Nice dodge. Never answered my question. But oh well...speak your mind Steve.
MikeC

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Okay, Mick C., what was your question? I'll answer it. Straight.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:45 pm

Wuyizidi - ( or whatever your real name is ),

I am a Libertarian, - or if you like, - a conservative; and I don't believe sex before marriage is wrong, or shameful ...

... where do you get this stuff ?
Mike Strong

Postby Buddy on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:06 pm

"What's worse are the inconsistencies at deeper, theoretical level: if you are a conservative, sex before marriage is wrong,"

Nonsense. You are equating some people's religious views with conservatism. It's a bullshit argument. And it is simply not true.

"people should be ashamed of their wrongdoings, wrongdoings should be punished, children are impressionable, therefore their parents are at fault when something like this happens...etc."

Again this is stupid hyperbole taken to a stupid extreme.

"Here these wrongdoings and failures are rewarded with support. That's not conservatism."

It's also not "wrongdoings." Perhaps in your worldview but don't put me in that asinine category.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:07 am

Wuyizidi wrote:[...]
And the parent, how many of us, if we were parent of 5 young children, one son going to Iraq, one daughter who is still a child giving birth to another (who needs all the support she can get just to become a normal, educated, functional adult despite all these burdens she's not ready for), a 4 month old infant with severe disabilities, a trooper-gate scandal to fight,... would invite the all-intense gaze of the public to this family in turmoil by choosing to be the VP candidate of a 72 year old 4 time cancer survivor with high cholesterol (8 of our 43 presidents died in office)?

Wuyizidi
/registered independent

Wait, isn't it a leftist mantra that women can balance family and career, and have it all? Guess not, if she is a Republican.

I'm willing to trust her judgement ahead of yours, on just what she can balance, and handle. By all accounts, VP is an easier job than state governor... :) You break tie votes in the Senate, and you attend ribbon cuttings and ground breakings.

I'm not as worried about McCain's health as you are. Four out of the eight presidents who died in office were shot, and Cheney isn't going to be around any more... ;D And William Henry Harrison didn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain, caught pneumonia and died... Hmmm. We need to get McCain an umbrella.

Palin has as much relevant experience as Obama has, and her politics are much closer to my own.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:37 am

klonk wrote:
Palin has as much relevant experience as Obama has

Bullcrap. Palin was mayor of a redneck town of less than 8000 people, and currently with less than 18 months on-the-job experience as Governor of Alaska. Currently being investigated and has been embroiled in many scandals since she's been around. Meanwhile, McCain met her for less than one hour and the American people do not know her at all. BTW, she's STILL being vetted as we speak - McCain's campaign yesterday sent down a ton of lawyers and "communications" people to minimize the damage and vett her more - There is still a chance McCain may have to let her go.

Meanwhile, putting Obama's years of social service work helping poor people instead of making big Wall St. type dollars, he worked for 8 years in the Illinois State Senate, and now has 4 more years as a Senator where he has passed major bi-partisan ethics reform and public information acts. Furthermore, Obama has been under INTENSE scrutiny (as I'm sure you'll agree) for the last 2 years. Eveyone knows who Obama is today, and the ones who don't probably aren't voting or their against him for one reason or another.

Whatever you can say, certainly Obama has been vetted, petted, vilified, attacked, had his character and even his own wife attacked, and he has still come out on the other side beaming like Sunday morning sunshine!

No there is no comparison. Lastly, something happens to grandpa McLame and we'd have the hockey mom dealing with Russia, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanastan? No way in hell could she handle that job. On the brighter side, if something terrible happened to Obama (and it's certainly a possibility in this racist country) we'd have smokin Joe Biden to step right in and take over. Clearly Biden has the foreign policy experience to handle the job, but Palin would be like a fish out of water, flopping around begging for help. The choice is so clear.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Wuyizidi on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:38 am

This is the soon-to-be groom (Levi Johnston):

ImageImage

Excerpts from his MySpace page:

"I'm a f - - -in' redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes.
"But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in' chillin' I guess."
"Ya f - - - with me I'll kick [your] ass," he added.

He also claims to be "in a relationship," but states, "I don't want kids."
Last edited by Wuyizidi on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
勤学,苦练, 慎思, 明辨。
心与境寂,道随悟深。

Wuyizidi
Great Old One

Postby somatai on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:40 am

Palin imposed abstinance only education in alaska......clear policy failure
somatai

Postby klonk on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:56 am

Wuyizidi wrote:This is the soon-to-be groom (Levi Johnston):

ImageImage

Excerpts from his MySpace page:

"I'm a f - - -in' redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes.
"But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in' chillin' I guess."
"Ya f - - - with me I'll kick [your] ass," he added.

He also claims to be "in a relationship," but states, "I don't want kids."

Well, this experience is going to grow him up fast, and her too. Hardly the first time that's happened to a boy and girl.

In fact, it's happened in a whole lot of families.

And earlier you said:

Here these wrongdoings and failures are rewarded with support. That's not conservatism.

Lots of families work that way. All Christian families should, to be consistent with what they profess, though I think "rewarded" is not quite the right word. "Reconciliation" is likely closer to the case.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Wuyizidi on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:59 am

To be fair, the team that vetted the Palin's did not have enough time. According to campaign insider McCain wanted Lieberman and Ridge until 4, 5 days before the announcement. The FBI said no background check on Palin was done. If they had the time, I'm sure this page would have been cleaned up. But the wikipedia entry on Governor Palin was only modified the day before, with 30 positive edits.

That said, there should have been enough time. Senator McCain won his nomination very early in the year. This is his first important decision as the nominee. He had all that time. Why was this so rushed?

Again, not being partisan here, just talking strategy and execution.

Wuyizidi
勤学,苦练, 慎思, 明辨。
心与境寂,道随悟深。

Wuyizidi
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:08 am

Wait one, Wuyizidi, you changed the pictures while I was replying. I thought, to save anyone who happens along some possible puzzlement, I should point out that

-> the pictures in my post are the ones you posted first, and

-> the ones now in your post are your subsequent changes. Perhaps you inserted the different pictures because they are larger and easier to see? That was considerate of you. Thanks so much... -sarcasm-
Last edited by klonk on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
klonk
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic