Worst Marketing Ever

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Worst Marketing Ever

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:24 am

The subject of marketing made me remember some famous images, and how they seem to be used to represent opposites. The question is whether they represent the same thing. What "values" would you think these pictures represent --from the marketing pov, of course.

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:01 pm

"I do tend to believe that it was an intelligence failure, rather than an intelligence conspiracy."

The official story is that 19 men spent months planning the attacks, but incredibly, the 9/11 Commission Report says it is not important to know where their money came from. Records show that Pakistan's military intelligence agency (ISI) Lt. Gen. Mahmoud Ahmed was in D.C. on Sept. 11 and met with several high level officials, including Richard Armitage and Sen. Joe Biden in the two days following the attacks. Sen. Biden admits that Pakistan's Lt. Gen. Mahmoud Ahmed was tasked by Washington to deliver a blunt message to the Taliban to hand over Bin Laden or be attacked.

Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad was surprisingly dismissed on October 8, but the Times of India revealed the reason, although it did not get any coverage in the mainstream Western media. It was Pakistan's Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad who ordered Ahmad Umar Sheikh to send $100,000 to Mohamed Atta just a few days before 9-11. This is the "missing link" of who funded the 9-11 hijackers.

From the Times of India, reproduced from this page.
While the Pakistani Inter Services Public Relations claimed that former ISI director-general Lt-Gen Mahmoud Ahmad sought retirement after being superseded on Monday [8 October], the day the US started bombing Afghanistan], the truth is more shocking. Top sources confirmed here on Tuesday [October 9], that the general lost his job because of the "evidence" India produced to show his links to one of the suicide bombers that wrecked the World Trade Centre. The US authorities sought his removal after confirming the fact that $100,000 were wired to WTC hijacker Mohammed Atta from Pakistan by Ahmad Umar Sheikh at the instance of Gen. Mahmoud. Senior government sources have confirmed that India contributed significantly to establishing the link between the money transfer and the role played by the dismissed ISI chief. While they did not provide details, they said that Indian inputs, including Sheikh's mobile phone number, helped the FBI in tracing and establishing the link.

Cover-up or Complicity of the Bush Administration?
The Role of Pakistan's Military Intelligence (ISI) in the September 11 Attacks
by Michel Chossudovsky
Professor of Economics, University of Ottawa
published Nov. 2, 2001

Biden questioned about Pakistani Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmed and his connection to the 9-11 hijackers

Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:15 pm

Like I've always said, I don't believe that Bush was responsible. I saw the look on his face that day, and I don't think he's that good an actor. He was scared like everybody else. If anything, one could claim that he was irresponsible. I wouldn't even go that far. I just get a little miffed when the administration's party blames everybody else for the attacks. As far as it being a conspiracy, that's not a theory. It's the details that are disputed, and always will be. Just like the Kennedy assassination.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:37 pm

You're right, Bush isn't a very good actor, which is why he was holding the book about the goat upside down for 20 minutes and looking suspicious in that elementary school in Florida the morning of the attacks. His poor acting skills are also why he committed a major error by saying that he saw the second plane hit the tower on TV before it had actually happened, which is just one of the many evidences of pre-knowledge of the attacks.

Nothing to do with acting, but the entire White House staff was on cipro two weeks before the anthrax letters were sent to Democratic leaders of Congress. Some coincidence, huh, since cipro is the anti-biotic that is used for exposure to anthrax.

The evidence is readily available to anyone who wants to take a look at it.
Michael

Postby count on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:54 am

Steve James wrote:The subject of marketing made me remember some famous images, and how they seem to be used to represent opposites. The question is whether they represent the same thing. What "values" would you think these pictures represent --from the marketing pov, of course.

I've seen some of these before, but could you give some historical context for how these images were used?
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:59 am

Oh, you really haven't seen them?
#1 is a famous NRA ad.
#2 is Huey P. Newton, head of the Black Panther Party for Self Defense
#3 is supposed to be Sarah Palin in Kuwait
#4 ya gotta recall the pictures of OBL at his training camps.
#5 is a caricature of the New Yorker cartoon. But, it combines all the ideas.
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic