Rum Mixers?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Rum Mixers?

Postby Andy_S on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:32 am

Gents:

Have just cracked a bottle of Morgan's Spiced: A very fine rum to my surprise. I always preferred Morgans to Lamb's Navy and of course that appalling pish Bacardi sells to the unwary, but this is a particularly good effort.

Any recommendations beyond:
Planters Punch
Gunfire
Rum n Lime
Rum n Coke
Rum, Lime n Coke

TIA.
Last edited by Andy_S on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Re: Rum Mixers?

Postby Andy_S on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:06 am

Please expedite replies. Bottle won't last much longer...
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:18 am

you can make like the caipirinha - rum, fresh crushed limes, sugar, and ice! also works great with kiwifruit instead of fresh limes, and i imagine other fruit might work nicely too - i've recently invented a combination of passionfruit (it's passionfruit season), sugar, and scotch! with or without ice, it kicks ass.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:29 am

I-mon:

That's more like it! Love Caprinha, but can't get fresh limes here in Seoul - but will try your recipe if I can track down some passionfruit.

Chin chin.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:04 am

caipirinha is supposed to be cachaca, not rum.

mojitos are made with rum.
basically a caipirinha with mint and cilantro, and rum instead of cachaca. muddle the limes, mint, and cilantro together well. Then add ice, rum, shake vigorously.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Andy_S on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 am

Of course, the old Mojitos. Now, where the hell can I get cilantro...
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby jasonf on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:17 am

Just had someone bring me back a big bottle of Brugal Extra Viejo from Dominican Republic, thanks for starting this thread.

Pina coolada stick a banana, pineapple and coconut milk or cream and ice, add the rum in a blender and enjoy
Rum and Ginger ale
Kahlua, rum and milk
jasonf
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:25 pm

coke is shit!

rum mixes best with fruit juice.
tropical fruit juice! try it, you'll love that shit!
:)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Pinocalada? Kahlua? Milk? What the hell do you think I am, sir? A poof?

But rum and ginger ale? Will give it a try.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby jasonf on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:14 pm

Real Men drink Pina Colada
jasonf
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:27 pm

guys, seriously, the fizzy drinks are a mistake and should not be used with rum.

fizzy drinks on teh whole are shit, they make booze taste like shit and they are shit to your body.

fruit juices, cane syrup and lime if you need the girl drink factor. :p
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Then there is tea grog. I make it with (to taste) hot black tea, brown sugar, dark rum and a dash of nutmeg. Some people add a little bit of butter on top. Others add a twist of lime.

No pouf factor in this recipe, it dates from the era of iron men in wooden ships.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:53 pm

klonk wrote:Then there is tea grog. I make it with (to taste) hot black tea, brown sugar, dark rum and a dash of nutmeg. Some people add a little bit of butter on top. Others add a twist of lime.

No pouf factor in this recipe, it dates from the era of iron men in wooden ships.

That recipe is medicinal! :o
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Medicinal? Well, I do feel better after one or two. :)

Which way do you mean that, is it a health recipe from long ago, or perhaps similar to something in TCM? Or do you simply mean it tastes like medicine? I rather like the taste. More info please!

It's an old formula that you still run into sometimes on the Eastern seaboard, though I never heard of it being good treatment for anything but chills.
Last edited by klonk on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:54 pm

it's heavy yang and will take care of chills for sure, ergo medicinal. you can't get that with a beer...maybe a few, but that's just drunk. a hot tea and rum will instantly warm your guts and t rest of you follows fast.

arrrrr, etc... :p
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic