Shooting in Florida

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting in Florida

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:09 pm

By the way judge there's no proof that there was a bloody nose, there are no photographs, there is no dna sample, and no witnesses claiming they saw a fight.

The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him.
The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help.
Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness.
Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin's father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Stand your ground? Now if Trayvon had a gun and turned and shot Zimmerman because he was following him, would the police, believe it was self defense, would Trayvon be sitting silent at home with his lawyers forming a proper defense, would Trayvon even be safe from the protestors that form around his actions?

agin you have to know the law, i dont know if you can consider someone following you as you are in danger? is their a time frame or a distance that makes it a threat? we cant just make our own laws, ask a lawyer as it is an interesting question you ask
Last edited by beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:14 pm

ask a lawyer if someone following you for a few minutes is a crime? do we even know how far or how long he followed him?

Even if you have the right to follow someone "for a few minutes" or longer, that doesn't give you the right to demand the person you're following to stop ... unless you're acting as a peace officer. I think Chris might clarify, but in my world, stopping someone is "arrest." Civilians can only arrest other civilians "IF" they have committed crime. They have to call the police if they want to prevent a crime. If they do stop someone without the commission of a crime, they should be charged with assault. If there is any fighting after the arrest, it should be considered assault and battery on the part of the person who initiated the exchange by voluntarily pursuing an innocent civilian.

In addition, according to the reports --even Zimmerman's-- the youth started to run away. ... Aw, what's the point. Some people don't mind being followed and think it's okay. Sure, I guess for a private detective that surveillance is legal --though, they are licensed by the police to do just that. Anyway, an mf can follow me all he wants, and if something happens I'll tell the police that "he was following me, and I felt threatened." Ymmv.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:17 pm

"Ask a lawyer" :) Yep, there are some lawyers who'll tell ya, "Ignore the police if they tell you not to follow someone." Maybe it'd be better to ask a cop?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

beegs wrote:
By the way judge there's no proof that there was a bloody nose, there are no photographs, there is no dna sample, and no witnesses claiming they saw a fight.

The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him.
The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help.
Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness.
Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin's father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son.

Good the for kid, if true. Where's the link?

The lady that trained Zimmerman told him neighborhood watch doesn't carry guns, doesn't confront people and only acts as the eyes and ears for the police.

Again he's idiot!
Last edited by gzregorz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Ya know, I just had a chuckle. I imagined what people would think if a Black guy decided that it was ok to follow them ... or anyone. I know it's strange. I must be paranoid.

"What you mean, mothafucka, I got a right to follow your ass. Ask my lawyer."
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Okay, I'm taking all this down for a possible article. Ya can't make this up, and I have an idea who'll agree with the story. Anyway,

Geraldo Rivera blames hoodie for Trayvon's death; critics tell him to zip it up

"Zip it up." That was a common reaction Friday on the Web and elsewhere to Fox News personality Geraldo Rivera’s comments that the hoodie was as much to blame for Trayvon Martin’s death as the shooter.

“Geraldo Rivera of Fox News has lost his mind. He's saying #Trayvon Martin wearing a hoodie helped cause his own death?” CNN commentator Roland Martin, who is black, tweeted.

“Hey Geraldo, Black kids have gotten shot not wearing hoodies. Dude, that's just dumb.”

Rivera stirred up a firestorm when he said on Friday’s “Fox & Friends” that the black Florida teen might not be dead had he not worn a hoodie the night he was shot by a community watch volunteer George Zimmerman.
“I believe that George Zimmerman, the overzealous neighborhood watch captain, should be investigated to the fullest extent of the law, and if he is criminally liable he should be prosecuted. But I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies,” Rivera said.
“I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.”
He added: "You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta, you’re going to be a gangsta-wannabe, well people are going to perceive you as a menace."

The outspoken “Geraldo at Large” host, who is Latino, expressed similar sentiments in a column Friday titled, “Trayvon Martin Would Be Alive but for His Hoodie.”

Hey Geraldo, ya know what they say about guys with 'staches, right :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Even if you have the right to follow someone "for a few minutes" or longer, that doesn't give you the right to demand the person you're following to stop ... unless you're acting as a peace officer. I think Chris might clarify, but in my world, stopping someone is "arrest." Civilians can only arrest other civilians "IF" they have committed crime. They have to call the police if they want to prevent a crime. If they do stop someone without the commission of a crime, they should be charged with assault. If there is any fighting after the arrest, it should be considered assault and battery on the part of the person who initiated the exchange by voluntarily pursuing an innocent civilian.

In addition, according to the reports --even Zimmerman's-- the youth started to run away. ... Aw, what's the point. Some people don't mind being followed and think it's okay. Sure, I guess for a private detective that surveillance is legal --though, they are licensed by the police to do just that. Anyway, an mf can follow me all he wants, and if something happens I'll tell the police that "he was following me, and I felt threatened." Ymmv.

They have to call the police if they want to prevent a crime

so does this apply to everyone? should the victim have called police if he thought he was in any danger?

again if anyone commited a crime i hope they are punished under the law, i wont say the dudes innocent or guilty after all this new stuff is out, until all the evidence is gathered.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 pm

so does this apply to everyone? should the victim have called police if he thought he was in any danger?

He should armed himself. But, at the time, he was talking to his girlfriend. She told him to run. It's hard to dial and run.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:47 pm

steve just had a similar conversation not related to this case, with a cop last week in reference to gangs

i was told to not wear my LA kINGS or my Raiders shirts in certain neighborhoods, its all insanity those are my favorite shirts!
beegs
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:54 pm

The lady that trained Zimmerman told him neighborhood watch doesn't carry guns, doesn't confront people and only acts as the eyes and ears for the police.

Again he's idiot!

link is a few pages back, maybe he is an idiot, i dont know if he confronted anyone or if he was confronted
Last edited by beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Ape Hangars on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm

A Black Militia Group Says It Plans To Arrest The Neighborhood Watchman Who Shot A Black Teenager

Yee Haw!

http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 ... fficerTime
Ape Hangars

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:16 pm

In America, a person has the right to wear whatever he wants. Yes, it's true that wearing the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood has gotten lots of people killed. And, my John Wayne upbringing argues that, pardner, if you don't like my hat, I got something for ya. Of course, if I thought that, were I murdered for wearing the wrong whatever, that my society wouldn't say that was a valid excuse for my murderer.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Ape Hangars wrote:A Black Militia Group Says It Plans To Arrest The Neighborhood Watchman Who Shot A Black Teenager

Yee Haw!

http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 ... fficerTime

From the article:
Muhammad has made himself something of a media fixture during controversial cases involving race and the justice system. He appeared at protests of the execution of Troy Barnes, who was executed last year by the state of Texas for shooting a police officer.

According to the Grio, the family of Trayvon Martin opposes the actions of Muhammad and his New Black Liberation Militia.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 ... z1pzMUbTcC
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 pm

beegs wrote:

Again he's idiot!

link is a few pages back, maybe he is an idiot, i dont know if he confronted anyone or if he was confronted

I saw the article, the problem is the police didn't do any interviews so it's hard to know whether our not this is just gossip.

Even if it is true, how does someone draw a gun while being mounted without the mountee seeing it.

We might have learned one thing Zimmerman sucks at BJJ.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic