Shooting in Florida

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting in Florida

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 10, 2020 1:56 pm

Feel free...

Muad and Treyvon would have both been 27 today and their lives are connected is more ways than one.

I suspect we will hear in that "other thread" Muad was caught shoplifting at 9 years old and so forth so no thanks...

I got better things to do with my time than hear if Muad would have just obeyed the retired unidentified plain clothes officer and son waving around pistols then this never would have happened...

Same shit different day. Such a thread would turn out the same as this one. With people denying the long history of murder of black people in our country.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun May 10, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Mon May 11, 2020 10:31 am

Here's a breakdown on the case from USA Today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/prose ... li=BBFoJB6

Arbery apparently suffered from an undisclosed mental illness. And had been arrested previously from carrying a .380 semi-automatic pistol to a basketball game at a highschool he did not attend at the age of 19. While the article names him as Ahmaud M. Avery, this was acknowledged as an error by the paper and corrected to Arbery at a later date. In any event by looking at his mugshot, you can tell it's the same guy.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/2013/12/0 ... ball-game/

Another article I ran across mentioned that his shoplifting arrest also coincided with a probation violation. It's unclear if this is a separate charge or related to the gun possession.

So basically, you had a mentally ill guy with a criminal record wandering around a neighborhood he didn't live in. He was probably acting strangely (i.e. looking inside a construction site while out jogging) and it set off the locals who said they had experienced a series of local burglaries.

The locals go out to hold him until the police arrives.

Arbery gets agitated and apparently tries to grab the shotgun one of the men is holding. In the process of the struggle, he is shot.

It's an unfortunate example of what happens when the mentally ill don't receive proper treatment.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon May 11, 2020 5:50 pm

Just before the shooting he was on video going into the house, on video inside the house for about 4 minutes, and was simultaneously spotted going into the house by a neighbor, who called 911 and reported he'd seen the suspect there multiple times before.

There's also video of him inside the house, at night, before the day he was shot.

This is the 911 call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEOBDlg9rp8
Last edited by Michael on Mon May 11, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon May 11, 2020 11:50 pm

You guys completely missed my point.

As in the case of Treyvon. Why does it take people taking to the streets to get the police to do their job?

I am out. As with Treyvon I knew the discussion would be the same which is why I didn't bother start a new thread.

I will wait for the trial.

FWIW property crime (if there was a crime is the law enforcement's lowest priority) so the idea of getting boys together with their guns out to make a citizens arrest is beyond an over reaction. As with Treyvon how hard would it have been to simply allow the cops to do their job?

Now a man is dead and two will very likely end up in prison. Like Drejka the video will play a big role in the trial. Had we had a video of Zimmerman I imagine his fate would have been the same as Drejka's who is having a very tough time in prison.

I'll see how the trial plays out besides you guys have way more free time than I do. Must be nice but I am busy working my ass off...
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue May 12, 2020 12:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:52 am

It's all connected...
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic