Shooting in Florida

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting in Florida

Postby gzregorz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Same to you beegs.

Or better yet prove me wrong. You think gunning down an unarmed kid can be justified?

I'm all ears.
Last edited by gzregorz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:15 pm

The police said "we don't need you to do that" when he said yes he was following him, Plenty of time to walk the other way and allow the proper authorities to look I to it, no gun even need be drawn in that scenario
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 pm

i wasnt their, cant say, maybe when he was on the phone the kid started approaching him and confronted him? who knows,

well already if the latest info is correct a few things have been misleading
1) the kid was a small kid- now hes 6'2 and the picture shown is very outdated
2) their was no scuffle and fighting- now their was wrestling and the shooter was bleeding in various places from being beatn up
3) the screams hears on tape were the victims- now they are the shooters when getting pummeled
4) shooter supposedly confronted the guy- story now says it was opposite?
5) race was involved first by shooter than later people said the police were being racist by not arresting him?-- details still coming out about those things

end of the day- people are acting like a lynch mob, without details of the case, nobody knows really what happened yet
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:27 pm

The police said "we don't need you to do that" when he said yes he was following him, Plenty of time to walk the other way and allow the proper authorities to look I to it, no gun even need be drawn in that scenario

Aw, c'mon, you're just making excuses. Why shouldn't a guy follow someone, especially after he's been told not to?

But, if beeg's account is correct, I still say that the Black kid should have been armed ... before he tackled the guy who was bigger than he. I'd say a .45 slug would have been much more effective than hand-to-hand combat. Then again, when these type of things happened, the reports usually found that the victim was high on something, maybe pcp. Yep, like I said, I bet plenty of scenarios will arise where Mr. Zimmerman was only acting reasonably.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Same to you beegs.

Or better yet prove me wrong. You think gunning down an unarmed kid can be justified?

I'm all ears.

i dont know, i wasnt their, but if he was getting pummeled by a 6'2 football player and shot in self defense, did he gun down someone? or was it self defense? im againts guns anyway, but many people here say they should have right to defend themselves and carry? was he defending himself?

as i said if he did what you suggest of course i want him locked up,
if he didnt , then does he deserve what hes getting in the media? its been all about race and hate? if it turns out hes innocent is it reverse racism?
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:34 pm

end of the day- people are acting like a lynch mob, without details of the case, nobody knows really what happened yet

Hmm, "nobody knows really what happened yet." Not true, somebody knows. He's home. Do you think he should be tried at all? Or, given that, as you say, "nobody knows," should we just let it go as self-defense?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:34 pm

if a stranger was chasing you down the street would you fight to defend yourself?
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Aw, c'mon, you're just making excuses. Why shouldn't a guy follow someone, especially after he's been told not to?

But, if beeg's account is correct, I still say that the Black kid should have been armed ... before he tackled the guy who was bigger than he. I'd say a .45 slug would have been much more effective than hand-to-hand combat. Then again, when these type of things happened, the reports usually found that the victim was high on something, maybe pcp. Yep, like I said, I bet plenty of scenarios will arise where Mr. Zimmerman was only acting reasonably.

so guilty before trial? sounds good, do you know if he had his gun out when tackled, do we really know anything yet?
well hey he must be guilty- after all hes half white thats enough rt their.

is it possible that as the kid said on the call with his friend, he was being followed and then could have truned and confronted zimmerman while zimmerman was just getting off the phone? who knows?
beegs
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 pm

if a stranger was chasing you down the street would you fight to defend yourself?

again theirs many possible scenarios, im not saying the guy is innocent, but what if he was the one confronted and beaten up? what if while on the phones with cops he didnt follow anymore and he was confronted?

just saying maybe theirs alot more info and we shouldnt judge so quick-
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:44 pm

if he was getting pummeled by a 6'2 football player and shot in self defense, did he gun down someone?

This is classic. I studied old newspaper reports about Black criminals, and invariably the perpetrators got bigger and bigger and more threatening as the days went by. There was a case in Chicago (that Richard Wright used as a basis for Native Son) where the perpetrator was reported by the police to have "arms that dragged the ground as he walked, just like an ape).

Anyway, the point is "if he followed a six-foot football player, then the football player, feeling threatened, assaulted him, who was acting in self defense? Does that mean that if I take my piece out and chase you down, you're going to ...? And, with all the excuse making, the reason that Trayvon Williams attacked Zimmerman hasn't been given. Was it a robbery? Naw, we know that it wasn't that from the calls. Or, was it because a suspicious guy was following him?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... 68905.html

[NB] Anybody interested in the case I mentioned above, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Nix ... ial_killer)
Describing Nixon climbing up the hotel to the fire escape, Leaville quoted a cop: "'Look at him go,' says a policeman. 'Just like an ape.'"
In his final paragraphs of his piece, Leaville declared that "...civilization has left Nixon practically untouched. His hunched shoulders and long, sinewy arms that dangle almost to his knees; his out-thrust head and catlike tread all suggest the animal," evoking simian imagery common in the mainstream press at the time.
Leaville summed up his description of Nixon:
"He is very black-- almost pure Negro. His physical characteristics suggest an earlier link in the species."[9]
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Hmm, "nobody knows really what happened yet." Not true, somebody knows. He's home. Do you think he should be tried at all? Or, given that, as you say, "nobody knows," should we just let it go as self-defense?

should "we" let it go? i didnt know you were a cop lol or a judge.

of course i think the people involved in the law should gather all the evidence and present a case if thats usual procedure.

when someone is followed is that a crime? i dont think so unless its often and is stalking? im not sure on the law.
so if someone was assaulted and had evidence of bleeding and being beaten and shot someone in self defense, are they usually arrested for that? if im not mistaken you have to commit a crime to be arrested, if their was self defense and no crime is their usually a trial?
again im not a cop or a lawyer,i dont know the answers
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Stand your ground? Now if Trayvon had a gun and turned and shot Zimmerman because he was following him, would the police, believe it was self defense, would Trayvon be sitting silent at home with his lawyers forming a proper defense, would Trayvon even be safe from the protestors that form around his actions?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 pm

should "we" let it go? i didnt know you were a cop lol or a judge.

Ooops, didn't mean to include ya. Sorry.

of course i think the people involved in the law should gather all the evidence and present a case if thats usual procedure.

Um, yup, that's what everyone expects to happen ... but, I'm not a cop or a judge.

when someone is followed is that a crime? i dont think so unless its often and is stalking? im not sure on the law.

Yeah, ... like a rock. Nope, following someone ain't a crime. I guess you're kinda of detached from the specifics of this case, so let's move on.

so if someone was assaulted and had evidence of bleeding and being beaten and shot someone in self defense, are they usually arrested for that?

Ya mean, if someone were beaten and then shot their attacker in self defense would he be arrested? Well, for one thing, whether it was "self-defense" has to be determined by a judge or a jury. They would decide whether the shooting was reasonable. If, for example, I start beating someone up --but they fight back and get in a few good licks, even start getting the better of me, is it ok for me to shoot him then? I mean, it's a great way to get rid of enemies when no one's around. Just get in a scuffle, pull out your piece and shoot. Automatic self defense ... in some peoples' worlds, but alas not mine.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:56 pm

By the way judge there's no proof that there was a bloody nose, there are no photographs, there is no dna sample, and no witnesses claiming they saw a fight.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby beegs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 pm

This is classic. I studied old newspaper reports about Black criminals, and invariably the perpetrators got bigger and bigger and more threatening as the days went by. There was a case in Chicago (that Richard Wright used as a basis for Native Son) where the perpetrator was reported by the police to have "arms that dragged the ground as he walked, just like an ape).

Anyway, the point is "if he followed a six-foot football player, then the football player, feeling threatened, assaulted him, who was acting in self defense? Does that mean that if I take my piece out and chase you down, you're going to ...? And, with all the excuse making, the reason that Trayvon Williams attacked Zimmerman hasn't been given. Was it a robbery? Naw, we know that it wasn't that from the calls. Or, was it because a suspicious guy was following him?

ask a lawyer if someone following you for a few minutes is a crime? do we even know how far or how long he followed him?

was it this long?, less? more? who knows?

beegs
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic