No one is always wrong

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

No one is always wrong

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:48 am

See
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: No one is always wrong

Postby steelincotton on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Yup, this is the guy America voted for. The guy that most people thought they could sit down and have a beer with. What kind of dumbass criteria is that to choose a president. Dumb. John McCain is really not much better either. He's not exactly known as an intellect.

It's time we get an intelligent person to run our country, and why the redneck hillbilly's are so afraid of letting an intellectual run our country is beyond me. Al Gore would have been a good president. Barack Obama will be even a better one.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby qiphlow on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:35 pm

steelincotton wrote:Yup, this is the guy America voted for.

actually, he was appointed by the supreme court the first time, and the second time, kerry gave up.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:39 pm

well, you have a 2 party dictatorship essentially.

A republic isn't necessarily a democracy...that is clear now I would think and the simple fact of the matter is that your votes don't count either and that the ones that do matter are with the electoral college who are basically the ones who decide who will be your president for the next term.

I don't understand why the big dog and pony show when it all comes down to that anyway, seems rather silly.

You could put a box of cotton on a stage and present it as president and the box of cotton will become president if that is what the electoral college and their appointers want.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:43 pm

qiphlow wrote:
steelincotton wrote:Yup, this is the guy America voted for.

actually, he was appointed by the supreme court the first time, and the second time, kerry gave up.

that's right, what a scam that was. Unfortunately, he did get more popular vote than Kerry. Now their trying to pull the same scam with Palin - just a regular girl, you could have a beer with.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:48 pm

steelincotton wrote:It's time we get an intelligent person to run our country, and why the redneck hillbilly's are so afraid of letting an intellectual run our country is beyond me.

It's because the likes of MikeC and Mike Strong are brainwashed by the propaganda.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:31 pm

I gotta say, I know what you mean, but I'm not sure I'd categorize Palin as one. If you asked me, I'd say that the names were co-opted by the racist fringe in the 60s. Back in the real old days, no self-respecting white American wanted to associated with Hillbillys or rednecks. They were the ones that the people in power sent out to do their dirty work, and fight their wars. They were just as po' as the people who lived on the other side of the tracks. And they could be or not be just as smart as any of the others. Nowadays, people want to be considered rednecks, complete with plaid shirt, trucker cap and bandana. It's a style, but still not as popular as cowboy boots, buckle and hat. Shucks, Larry the Cable guy fakes his drawl --he's from Nebraska and Florida. Jeff Foxworthy, "you might be a redneck if", graduated from Georgia Tech. Hey, it pays the bills, and will probably grab some votes. But, I remember.
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Just throwing that in there with Steve's "No one is always wrong."
Michael

Postby MikeC on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Darthwing Teorist wrote:
steelincotton wrote:It's time we get an intelligent person to run our country, and why the redneck hillbilly's are so afraid of letting an intellectual run our country is beyond me.

It's because the likes of MikeC and Mike Strong are brainwashed by the propaganda.

Oh Darth, don't try and talk. Just keep breathing through your nose Ok.... :-X
MikeC

Return to Off the Topic