Michael Moore takes on the Republicans

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Michael Moore takes on the Republicans

Postby MikeC on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:
MikeC wrote:
HELLO, EARTH TO MORONS! BUSH IS OUT NO MATTER WHAT! HE AINT GONNA BE BACK!

idiots

Too bad his legacy of stupidity and ignorance will live on should certain people be elected...

'Bush's Third Term'

Yeah, that's a doozy.
::)
MikeC

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Yeah, but Mike C., you were around for the last elections. Didn't Bill Clinton come up? In fact, hasn't Bill Clinton been brought up in the last year? But, just for the sake of argument, ok, McCain is not Bush. However, how different is he? Is he more alike than different? Will his policy's on taxes, housing, immigration, education, Roe v. Wade, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, the "patriot act," the "war on terror", etc., differ significantly from GWB? Or, more properly, which one represents the will of the Republican Party and has "that" changed or will it?

Purely rhetorical questions of course. Honestly, I think the answers are obvious. It'd be better for people say that they wanted to stay the same course, rather than try to repackage the same old, same old and say its new. If the policies will be the same, it won't matter if the nameplate on the office has changed. Now, I don't believe that the Dems are very much different, either, in terms of running the gov't, either.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:04 am

MikeC wrote:
Chris Fleming wrote:
MikeC wrote:
HELLO, EARTH TO MORONS! BUSH IS OUT NO MATTER WHAT! HE AINT GONNA BE BACK!

idiots

Too bad his legacy of stupidity and ignorance will live on should certain people be elected...

'Bush's Third Term'

Yeah, that's a doozy.
::)

More substance, please.

But in a sense I guess you're right. Bush was eventually told that no, he can't go bombing everyone in sight. McCain would love to bring the "war" to a third front, Iran, and also never leave Iraq. Big difference in views there between the two of them.
Chris Fleming

Postby MikeC on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:
More substance, please.

But in a sense I guess you're right. Bush was eventually told that no, he can't go bombing everyone in sight. McCain would love to bring the "war" to a third front, Iran, and also never leave Iraq. Big difference in views there between the two of them.

Ok, more substance. Hey, isn't it mostly Iraqis killing other Iraqis over there? So why can't they just stop shooting at each other?
MikeC

Postby Buddy on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:09 pm

I can't believe there are actually people that take Michael Moore seriously.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Buddy wrote:I can't believe there are actually people that take Michael Moore seriously.

Is there a (good) reason why people shouldn't?
Chris Fleming

Postby MikeC on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:34 pm

MikeC

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:52 am

re cuba:LOL! Getting teh real view from Fox News! LOL

The other clip was funny too--what that nerdy Wayne's World reject failed to cover at all was the main point of Moore's 9/11 doc: the Bush/Saudi connection, and the FACT that the Bush admin. was warned about an attack and did nothing AND the FACT that the whole Iraq war is about nothing other than oil. Nerdo was seemingly more interested in the extent of the cuts Bush made to this and that. Sorry nerdo, a cut is a cut, and increase is an increase. That and even Moore failed to mention other damning things like how Bush would pride himself on education (i.e., the bullshit "no child left behind") and then did more cuts to education funding than any other prez in history. That's a real attack on the minds of America and directly affects this country's future.

If Moore is wrong about Bush and 9/11 due to the fact that he is Michael Moore, then perhaps people like Chalmers Johnson shouldn't be taken seriously too, because he says the very same things about Bush, the Saudis, and 9/11 as well.

NEXT!!!
Chris Fleming

Postby Dmitri on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:35 am

I dunno, I've lost all possibility of respect for the guy after he manipulated that newspaper article in one of his earlier "documentaries". I don't care what he has to say or what he does anymore -- when integrity comes into question, any man's value in my eyes drops to the lowest levels.
Others' MMV of course.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:11 pm

"Is there a (good) reason why people shouldn't?"

Sure, he's not a documentarian, he's a propagandist...and a tool for the looney left.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:40 am

I'm an "anti-invasion-ist" as much as a lot of 'left' siders on the board. You're not calling me a 'loony' are you, asshole?
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Buddy on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:24 am

Ah, name calling. Sure, you're a loony. Lighten up, Francis.
Buddy
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic