The Amazing Atheist Speaks Out About Sarah Palin!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The Amazing Atheist Speaks Out About Sarah Palin!

Postby steelincotton on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:41 am

;D
steelincotton
Huajing

Re: The Amazing Atheist Speaks Out About Sarah Palin!

Postby Michael on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:48 am

Steel, I see you pulled the video from one thread and dedicated another one. This is a vile, disgusting attack that has nothing to do with any facts or even political opinions. It's just a lengthy ad hominen attack and it prevents reasonable discussion of politics. Please stop posting garbage like this...not because you're Democrat and I'm not Democrat (I have no party affiliation-never have), but because this is really bad for the political process. I hope you reconsider how you express yourself on these topics.
Michael

Postby steelincotton on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:51 am

Thanks Michael, but I'm really not looking for advice. I am fine with my behavior, but perhaps you should start worrying more about yourself, instead of others. Just a thought.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Michael on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:54 am

It's not advice, Steel, it was a request.
Michael

Postby Walter Joyce on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:29 pm

I'm no fan of Palin, she is under qualified, over confident and an ideologue, but that guy in the video is such an obnoxious idiot that the effect of the video would cause sympathy for Palin.
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Really steel. You are clearly without reason and if represent the liberal faction you're doomed. I only hope you don't kill your family when Obama loses.

See what silly hyperbole sounds like?
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:12 pm

I agree, the guy is an obnoxious idiot, but there's something about a guy who calls himself the amazingatheist that struck me kind of funny for some odd reason. Oh well, I can't win em all.

and yes, Buddy I get it. It is Hyberbole. I admit I do get a bit carried away sometimes. I work in Financial Services with a bunch of hard core republicans, and I have to listen to their "views" all day every day. The Flower here has been my "outlet" as of late to get me throught the work day. If I keep this up, I may have to start talking about Tai Chi Chuan again! ;D
Last edited by steelincotton on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby chud on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Walter Joyce wrote:I'm no fan of Palin, she is under qualified...

I keep hearing this and I just don't see it, how is she not qualified? She has executive experience, more than Obama and Biden put together. More than McCain too for that matter. She is the MOST qualified person, on either side.
Last edited by chud on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:33 pm

Yeah, but executive experience over 6,000 people in a redneck town in Alaska where the city hall is no bigger than the local 7/11. Heck, Obama's campaign is probably bigger than that worldwide and he's been running that for longer than Palin has been a gov-in-training. Meanwhile, Biden has been all over the world and has met face to face and has actually spoken with international leaders. Plus his 30 years in Washington politics, I'm fairly certain the man knows how to get things done. I just don't see how anyone can compare Palin to Biden in any way shape or form. Biden can speak about foreign affairs in ways Palin can only dream of. Even now as I write this, the McCain camp has to have training sessions for their rising hockeymom star. She'll be learning all the buzz words, phrases, international figures names, etc,. but once you get beyond that, there will be nothing. I for one, am hoping Biden can get her past the buzz words and expose her for the fraud she really is.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 pm

chud wrote:
Walter Joyce wrote:I'm no fan of Palin, she is under qualified...

I keep hearing this and I just don't see it, how is she not qualified? She has executive experience, more than Obama and Biden put together. More than McCain too for that matter. She is the MOST qualified person, on either side.

Most qualified to do what? She's been gov for less than 2 years. Yep, she's ready to step into the presidency tomorrow. That is the job she is supposed to be qualified for. If she had been, she'd have been running --like Biden. That's how almost everyone knows that the pick was completely political --to steal the Hillary vote (which is Exactly what ya'll said when she was chosen)-- and we know that it wasn't a "country first" choice. Oh, people will say so, like Rudy G., Joe L., and GB2, but many people believe that they are simply lying to themselves, at a minimum.

She didn't know what the "Bush Doctrine" was. Charlie should have called it the Cheney Doctrine, actually; but, then again, Cheney said that she was qualified. The problem is that we know that he would say anything and run any false flag. Okay, though, if ya'll want to argue that the mayor of an 8,000,000 inhabitant city would have the organizational experience to run a country . To compare that to running a state less than 1/10th that size is ridiculous, and is being ridiculed. If the argument is that any sort of organizational experience qualifies one to possibly be President, then ok. But, don't then try to argue that the other candidate is unqualified. That sounds silly. Oprah probably has more on her payroll and manages almost as big a budget.

If ya'll think she's qualified to be Pres. Let her run for [nomination to the] office like everyone else who's on their tickets.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:36 pm

steelincotton wrote:Yeah, but executive experience over 6,000 people in a redneck town in Alaska where the city hall is no bigger than the local 7/11.

I'm not talking about her prior mayoral experience, she is governor of the STATE.

steelincotton wrote:Heck, Obama's campaign is probably bigger than that worldwide and he's been running that for longer than Palin has been a gov-in-training.

Obama is a junior senator who has spent most of his few years as a senator campaigning for the presidency. His experience is extremely limited.

steelincotton wrote:Meanwhile, Biden has been all over the world and has met face to face and has actually spoken with international leaders. Plus his 30 years in Washington politics, I'm fairly certain the man knows how to get things done. I just don't see how anyone can compare Palin to Biden in any way shape or form. Biden can speak about foreign affairs in ways Palin can only dream of. Even now as I write this, the McCain camp has to have training sessions for their rising hockeymom star. She'll be learning all the buzz words, phrases, international figures names, etc,. but once you get beyond that, there will be nothing. I for one, am hoping Biden can get her past the buzz words and expose her for the fraud she really is.

Biden certainly has more senatorial experience than Obama, but not any of the executive experience that Palin has. This is not just my subjective opinion, this is an objective FACT: Palin has executive experience, she is a governor of a state, she is not only qualified, she is the MOST qualified person in this election, more qualified even than her running-mate, John McCain.
chud
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:53 pm

Steve James wrote: Yep, she's ready to step into the presidency tomorrow. That is the job she is supposed to be qualified for. If she had been, she'd have been running --like Biden.

I'm glad you made this statement, because it goes to the heart of the real reason people are attacking Palin: not for any actual lack of experience (she has the executive experience) but because people just hadn't HEARD of her. That's actually a rather sad way to judge a candidate if you think about it...we now expect people to be long-term campaigners just to be "qualified" to run for the presidency. But the moment a qualified person, governor of a state, who is NOT a career campaigner and has quietly just done her job steps forward, everybody freaks out. This is the world we live in now, the media-infatuated public who claims that someone like Oprah is more qualified...congratulations, if that's how you feel, I'm sorry for ya.

Steve James wrote: Oprah probably has more on her payroll and manages almost as big a budget.
If ya'll think she's qualified to be Pres. Let her run for [nomination to the] office like everyone else who's on their tickets.
Last edited by chud on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:10 pm

Yep, too bad it's a personality contest. Anyway, you repeat "Gov of a State" repeatedly; as if the size of the state or the actual organization is irrelevant. I.e., if it was a state with 6,000 people, it would still be a State. But, the size of the state does matter, and repeating the fact that it's a state doesn't indicate how much experience she has. She hasn't had time to change the economy of Alaska, and I don't know how much she's affected it. Being a governor and being a good governor are two different things. Saying she's qualified and demonstrating it are two different things. If you showed how well she's governed, in less than two years, that'd be different, too. All you have done is say that she's qualified --more qualified than anyone else. Hey, people laugh. If you know her so well, make 'em stop.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:14 pm

Btw, would foreign policy knowledge and experience count? Should a president have any? Or, does it depend on whose candidate we are talking about?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Steve James wrote:Anyway, you repeat "Gov of a State" repeatedly; as if the size of the state or the actual organization is irrelevant. I.e., if it was a state with 6,000 people, it would still be a State. But, the size of the state does matter, and repeating the fact that it's a state doesn't indicate how much experience she has.

You can quibble about how big Alaska is, or whether you feel that she governed it to your standards, but the bottom line is that even if she had governed a tiny state like Rhode Island, she'd still have more executive experience than anyone else on the current ticket...because they have NONE.
Last edited by chud on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic