Has Bush Started a New War with Pakistan?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Has Bush Started a New War with Pakistan?

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:57 pm

I don't doubt what you're saying about the soldiers coming back. I'm just saying that if it were as simple as you say there'd be no reason for them to be there in the first place. True, I know people who were in Baghdad the day Saddam's statue came down. To a person, they all feel good about the Iraqi reaction that day. Saddam held the factions together by force. He wasn't a fundamentalist. The US presence in the ME to fight him is exactly what turned the fundamentalist attention directly to the US. They've always wanted to hurt us --because we've supported Israel. But, they didn't have such a good excuse until we set foot in Saudi Arabia. Point is: there are lots of places in the world where the people think that living in the US or under the US would be better. We don't invade all of them; so it's hard to believe that the reason for the invasion of Iraq was concern for the Iraqis. That's a bigger lie than saying it was for WMDs. At least that could have been a mistake. There was no rebel gov't waiting in Baghdad to take over ... as there was in Cuba.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Pretty much agree with you on that one Steve.
MikeC

Postby Methods on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:50 pm

True Steve - I agree.

I personally work with Iraqis everyday and have for the last seven years. Just like all people some are crap and others are great, never the less they ALL agree that we did the right thing for what ever reasons we may have invaded their home country and their family members still in Iraq agree as well.
Like some of you may not or do know that it was pretty bad over there. Most people were fine, but there were a few that had it real bad, one being the Iraqi Catholics (caldeans - I think thats how you spell it). Anyhow, many Iraqi people do not speak up due to having families and businesses. The Al Queda and other Muslim factions have let it be known that if the common people get caught being helpful to the American soldiers they and there families will have to pay a dear price.
As for why we invaded, fuck man, all wars since the beginning of time have been fought for reasons outside of righteousness. Many wars were fought for Spice, Gold, Land and Power, truly few were started for the sake of a good match up.
Like I said, its all crap and war is evil. But necessary to, so I leave it up to the people in charge and thank god I live in a country that may invade other countries for reasons unknown I still can voice my opinion when and wherever that I want.

Just a Modern Day Holy Crusade...
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Postby meeks on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:32 pm

But, some people would argue that, when you liberate something for someone, you give it back. When you liberate it and keep it, it's called stealing.

beautifully put, Steve.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Previous

Return to Off the Topic