Obama Waffles

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Obama Waffles

Postby MikeC on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:36 am

Obama on Osama

November 28, 2001
Illinois State Senator Barack Obama voted in favor of House Bill 2299 that “Provides for the imposition of the death penalty if the murder was committed as a result of, or in connection with, the offense of terrorism.”

THEN:

June 18, 2008
Obama reversed his position on the death penalty for terrorists when it came to Osama bin Laden: “I think what would be important would be for us to deal with him in a way that allows the entire world to understand the murderous acts that he’s engaged in and not to make him into a martyr.”
(Caren Bohan, “Obama: U.S. Should Avoid Making Bin Laden A Martyr,” Reuters)

THEN:

July 11, 2008
“In an interview with CNN, the Senator says he’s no ‘cheerleader for the death penalty,’ but 'I think plotting and engineering the death of 3,000 Americans justifies such an approach.’”
MikeC

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:40 am

Me too, actually. It made me hungry, but I didn't want to admit it. It does make me want to ask Count what he thinks about it as an "ad-man." I mean, why would a particular picture make me want to buy pancakes. Yet, the same type of picture is expected to make a viewer not buy, or want. Hmm, er and yumm. F-it, I'm gonna make me some right now. You can think I'm lyin' if you want to.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:57 am

Yeah, so he supports the death penalty for OBL. It's kinda funny to hear you hold that against him Mike C. Well, let me waffle too. If they find him and kill him, I won't lose any sleep. It'd bother me a lot less than Saddam's execution, and I had no love for him.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm

MikeC wrote:Obama on Osama

November 28, 2001
Illinois State Senator Barack Obama voted in favor of House Bill 2299 that “Provides for the imposition of the death penalty if the murder was committed as a result of, or in connection with, the offense of terrorism.”

THEN:

June 18, 2008
Obama reversed his position on the death penalty for terrorists when it came to Osama bin Laden: “I think what would be important would be for us to deal with him in a way that allows the entire world to understand the murderous acts that he’s engaged in and not to make him into a martyr.”

THEN:

July 11, 2008
“In an interview with CNN, the Senator says he’s no ‘cheerleader for the death penalty,’ but 'I think plotting and engineering the death of 3,000 Americans justifies such an approach.’”

So, Which did you disagree with? His vote or his opinion that he wouldn't want to martyr the guy but killing 3000 people might justify the death penalty? Because if you want to talk about flip flops, McCain's flipped on himself and kissed Bush ass for the last 7 years. And those are votes, not opinions.

Speaking of flip, you better flip those pancakes Steve. But if it's pancakes your cookin', you forgot, it's waffles from obama. ;)
Last edited by count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:31 pm

count wrote:
MikeC wrote:Obama on Osama

November 28, 2001

THEN:

June 18, 2008

THEN:

July 11, 2008

So, Which did you disagree with? His vote or his opinion that he wouldn't want to martyr the guy but killing 3000 people might justify the death penalty?

It's just the political flip-flopping he does depending on the situation du jour that gets to me. A la John Kerry, can't take a firm stance on anything. Everything is grey.
Bah! Make a decision and stick with it.

Because if you want to talk about flip flops, McCain's flipped on himself and kissed Bush ass for the last 7 years. And those are votes, not opinions.

Wow, the Hillary response. When asked tough questions, bring up Dubya and that should smokescreen the whole thing.
Good on you.
;)
MikeC

Postby count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:44 pm

MikeC wrote:
count wrote:
MikeC wrote:
Wow, the Hillary response. When asked tough questions, bring up Dubya and that should smokescreen the whole thing.
Good on you.
;)

Tough question??? I don't see any tough questions. Only the one you avoided answering.

Anyway, seems like that's what Republicans do is bring up Clintons when they have no real argument. The difference is that Defending Bush by attacking Clinton isn't the same as defending McCain by attacking Obama.

Face it, the shambles that the repub's have left us with won't be easy for Obama to fix. But it would be impossible for McCain to fix as he thinks everything Bush did was good. He voted for his policies close to 100 percent of the time. LOL. You guys are funny. ;D Bring a white woman on and assume people will take that before a, gasp, black man. Well there may be enough racists in this country to keep the White house white. But it won't be pretty for you and me.

I think people are overwhelmingly fed up with the garbage we've been stuck with for the past 7 years.
Last edited by count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Or this....

Obama Waffles on Illegal Aliens

SUMMARY:

If you were to sneak into a ballgame and then get caught, you’d be thrown out. Of course, that’s only fair to those who paid to get into the event legally.

However, when it comes to sneaking into America illegally to get a job, Sen. Obama opposed cracking down on businesses who hired illegal aliens. In true wafflicious form, Obama now supports cracking down on employers who hire illegals.

March 2004

While running for the U.S. Senate in 2004, Obama was asked in a questionnaire: “Should the government crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants.” Obama responded, “Oppose.”

THEN:

January 31, 2008

During the televised debates, Obama said, “we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation.”
MikeC

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:09 pm

So, okay, Mike C., are you saying that anyone who changes his mind on an important issue shouldn't be president? or, that he can't be trusted? That's cool, as long as it's applied to all the candidates.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Again, answer the first question and you'll answer the second.

First, votes are different than opinions.

Second, you would give the woman the prerogative to change her mind.

Third, does he agree with your position on this now too?

Besides, what difference does it make to you if a guy gets in the ball game free. It may hurt the poor owners of the team and stadium. Same with big business. You aren't going to see squat unless you make more money than 99 percent of us. If you think so you haven't been paying attention to our economy. Ever miss a payment on a debt? What kind of deference did the creditor give you? Any of your friends give you money to help?
Last edited by count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Don't fife with me Count. This was from the website that YOU posted on YOUR thread. Too bad if you don't like me reading it back to you..
Last edited by MikeC on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeC

Postby C-Hopkins on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Obama wants to get things done. He's the type to meet you half way in order to get some of what he wants. That's why he'll vote for something like this-

The question is what did Obama get that he wanted and that he felt was important. This is business my man, and in business, just as in any successful relationship, you have to give some to get some. It's how you get shit done.

This is not little kids shit, it's real life politics and no EFFECTIVE negotiator ever takes the stance of all or nothing-

It's give and take- get as much as you can, but your gonna have to give something in return.

Would it be better for any of these bills to PASS without him getting what he wanted? If you know something is going to go through anyway, it's savvy to get envolved and manipulate it to your benefit rather than let it go through without being touched by your hands.

It's not ham handed black and white thinking, rather nuanced manipulation.
Nothing for the naive- it's called playing the game.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:00 pm

MikeC wrote:Don't fife with me Count. This was from the website that YOU posted on YOUR thread. Too bad if you don't like me reading it back to you..

;D ::) ;D
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:16 pm

So count waffles on his own thread....

Check Mate
MikeC

Postby count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:48 pm

No dude, your not worth the argument. You hate wafflers but you support McCain even if you agree with Obama's position. If that's not waffling, I don't know what waffling is.

You won't answer a question and proceed to give off topic examples of how Obama's position has evolved with experience and understanding the facts.

So,

Either you don't think,

if Osama Bin Ladin was guilty for planning the hijackings he should get the death penalty?

And you think,

Employers should be allowed to hire illegal aliens so they can pay cheap wages and not pay income taxes.

Or you agree with Obama?

I just don't see any other way.

Back to the topic, Obama is not making racist, sexist, or elitist jokes about the old white guy or the holly roller soccer mom. Yet you seem to think this satire is acceptable. Do you think it's a funny likeness? Artistic? Creative? What? Because I think it's just stupid, racist and ignorant.
Last edited by count on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:16 pm

So count, or whatever your real name is, if you don't like the excerpts from the website that YOU POSTED, then why did you bring up this website in the first place? Are you just trying to play the race card and have us all pity poor ole Barry?

Or are you just home pretending to be Obama's defense attorney? lol.
MikeC

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic