It Felt like "Martial Law" in Los Angeles!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

It Felt like "Martial Law" in Los Angeles!

Postby Michael on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Felt like "Martial Law" in Los Angeles!

Posted by yogmama, September 14th, 2008

In my life I have never seen anything like this! My niece got married today. The Wedding festivities ended at midnight. On my way home on the opposite side of the #60 freeway going into Downtown L. A. I see very large trucks w/flashing lights - about 25 to 30 - lined up to form a single-file line for cars to follow to be stopped by at least 2 dozen police! This is on a 5-lane freeway, mind you!

Thousands of cars and thousands of unsuspecting people are experiencing for the first time in their lives, the full impact of what a police state is all about this morning, folks! The freeway looks like a parking lot!

As I transitioned to the northbound Golden State Frwy, aka the #5 Freeway, which starts at the Canadian border and runs through Washington State, through Oregon and all the way through California to the Mexican border, just before I get to downtown L. A. on my side of the freeway I see the same thing in the distance. Again, lots of trucks w/flashing lights and tons of cars stopping ahead of me to be herded to the checkpoint.

So, I quickly and fortunately got off at the very next offramp and tried to get on, again, further up the road. However, there were several arrows on the streets for people to follow - seemingly to take you on a detour to another on ramp - but, no; they only led to more check points!

Because I know my city like the back of my hand, I managed to evade the check points by going through neighborhood streets until I could finally get back onto the freeway some distance beyond the checkpoint. I live in Burbank and I couldn't get onto the northbound Golden State Frwy until I passed Griffith park which is about 3 to 4 miles beyond where the check point started on the freeway on my side (about 6 to 7 miles from where I first noticed the check point on the opposite side of the freeway!)

Every single one of those 3 to 4 miles on my side had cars w/mulitple passengers in them and the cars were at a complete stop waiting for their turn to be chuted in like cattle to be asked for their papers (?) and to be questioned by the cops (for possible DUI?). I would say, there were, at least, 3 to 4 and maybe even 5 thousand cars, approximately, on both sides of the checkpoints waiting to get through the. Unbelievable!!

Never in my 61 years have I ever seen anything like this before!!

I saw at least 25 tow trucks pulling vehicles away from the check point areas. I'm very much in shock and very fortunate to know my way around my city to have avoided what is still going on as I type this message. I had such a wonderful day only to be knocked back to the ugly reality of what is happening to us in our country, Martial Law! IT'S SCARY OUT THERE!!

<end article>
Last edited by Michael on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Re: It Felt like "Martial Law" in Los Angeles!

Postby Kurt Robbins on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:47 am

Your 61? - Man, just for men is doing you nicely.
Last edited by Kurt Robbins on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:56 am

I just posted the article. I didn't write it.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:11 am

I've seen a couple of those before, but they were tiny, on a small one-lane "random" backstreet. They were checking if people had proper car insurance. Last time that happened (to me) was in 1995 or 96... Maybe I was just lucky, or maybe they stopped doing that shit in GA, I dunno.

Sickening stuff. Presumed guilty, until found innocent... motherfuckers.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:30 am

We have this in Canada and have had for a long time.
The cops create a check point once every few months to check if people are dui.
Canada is not yet a police state, so I say that you should not panic.
However, it is my general feeling that the current admin of the US would be happy if they could have a dictatorial military style government.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:48 am

Alex Jones documented a huge one in Austin, Texas in 2000. I drove through one near El Paso in 2002 and there were soldiers with M-16's everywhere, but they waved me through quickly; they weren't stopping everyone on I-10, but about half.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:51 am

Hmm, I dunno. If this was a check for "papers", it had something to do with checking for illegal aliens. There's really no way to do that without affecting someone's human rights. However, if it's happening where there is a specific problem, it seems rational. (Yep, note to self: it hasn't affected me, yet). Anyway, If it's a check for drunk-drivers, it sounds a little more intrusive, depending on the time of day. It's a hassle, but that's about it. No, I don't think it's martial law. It is more obviously a police state action. But, duh, it's always been a police state: i.e., freedom is relative. Nowadays, social control is more universal, just like terrorism. Or, is it terrorism that has become universal.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:35 am

California is a lost cause sorry to say.... :-\
MikeC

Postby bruce on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:59 am

hi ya'all,

this morning (edit july 17) on i-8 going from san diego to phoenix at the 3rd customs and border patrol check point our bus was stopped.
they made us get of the bus and stand by the side of the road, did a small search and id check of each person.
they took a dog on the bus to do a search.

while searching the bus a agent stole money out of my bunk. they also wrinkled up a bunch of my tour paperwork.

i am sure there is nothing i can do since in the usa we have less and less personal rights.

be careful!

best,

bruce

this is nowhere near a boarder. sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:19 am

Sorry to say, but this may be early signs of martial law. Drag about your money getting stolen, Bruce.
Michael

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:09 am

Steve James wrote: Nowadays, social control is more universal, just like terrorism. Or, is it terrorism that has become universal.

I think that you're right. State terrorism seems to be the norm today. It looks like in the end it is the USSR who won the cold war since all the "democratic" states now use their values.

FWIW, I will avoid going to the US like the plague. The only exception would be to see a friend one or two years from now, but after that, no more trips to the US of A.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 am

If you don't go to the Mexican border states you simply don't see this stuff.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 am

Visitors are already fingerprinted. Not yet Canadiens but I don't doubt that the day will come when it will happen.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 am

Martial law IMO has more to do with a centralized plan to control a population. Road checks for DUIs and DWIs are more about the business of law enforcement, courts and town governments. I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country but where I live the average take by court fees, fines and attorney fees for a first offense DUI is between $5000-7000. That's not even taking the exorbitant increase in insurance premiums that follow into consideration or the mandatory attendance at a fee sober up program that's part of the sentencing. Now the county within which I live is looking to implement a program already in use in NYC and Long Island where the police as agents of and on the behalf of the county will confiscate and sell off the cars of DUI and DWI offenders. This in total is a lot of monetary intake and motivation for increased police focus including road checks. It's not martial law it's just business.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby strawdog on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:48 am

I wonder when we're going to be required to get barcodes tattoed on our body.
strawdog
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic