Fannie Mae & Obamama

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Fannie Mae & Obamama

Postby Mike Strong on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?=H-_HlpZ8azA

Oh man, Youtube SUCKS !!! That is supposed to be a link of John Gibson reporting on the FACT that BO is the number 2 biggest recipeinet of Fanie Mae campaign contributions, - and that the Fannnie Mae executives that gotoff with millions and millions were all Clinton Administration croonies ...

I guess we know which side youtube is on. ::)

Go to youtube and search : Obama Ranks Second In Freddie/Fannie Contributions ( sorry) :P

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,423701,00.html

... of course you won't believe it because it's reported on Fox News; so go ahead and check the sources. ;D

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/07 ... fanni.html
Last edited by Mike Strong on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Mike Strong

Re: Fannie Mae & Obamama

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:43 am

Mike Strong wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?=HlpZ8azA

Awesome!!! ;D

Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:34 am

Hey Duck, did I ever tell you I like your avatar? It's very fitting for you ... just a little pussy.
lol ;D
MikeC

Postby qiphlow on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:08 pm

let's put this in context (from the opensecrets article that mike strong linked to):
**bold was added by me**

The federal government recently announced that it will come to the rescue of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, two embattled mortgage buyers that for years have pursued a lobbying strategy to get lawmakers on their side. Both companies have poured money into lobbying and campaign contributions to federal candidates, parties and committees as a general tactic, but they've also directed those contributions strategically. In the 2006 election cycle, Fannie Mae was giving 53 percent of its total $1.3 million in contributions to Republicans, who controlled Congress at that time. This cycle, with Democrats in control, they've reversed course, giving the party 56 percent of their total $1.1 million in contributions. Similarly, Freddie Mac has given 53 percent of its $555,700 in contributions to Democrats this cycle, compared to the 44 percent it gave during 2006.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have also strategically given more contributions to lawmakers currently sitting on committees that primarily regulate their industry. Fifteen of the 25 lawmakers who have received the most from the two companies combined since the 1990 election sit on either the House Financial Services Committee; the Senate Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs Committee; or the Senate Finance Committee. The others have seats on the powerful Appropriations or Ways & Means committees, are members of the congressional leadership or have run for president. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), chairman of the Senate banking committee, has received the most from Fannie and Freddie's PACs and employees ($133,900 since 1989). Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D-Pa.) has received $65,500. Kanjorski chairs the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government-Sponsored Enterprises, and Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are government-sponsored enterprises, or GSEs.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Darthwing Teorist wrote:Image

Looks like a Canadian road to me.

ZING! -bolt-
Michael

Postby C-Hopkins on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:13 pm

Who has Mccain gotten money from?

McCain-

"the countries economy is fundamentally strong."

Right.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:40 am

these companies give money to whoever has some power or they think will have some power.
Every senator who sits gets campaign money from these companies and yes, some companies favour one party over the other.

McCain's campaign takes money too, I'd wager he takes it from unethical sources as well as decent ones.

I believe the epic fail notation is indicative of the fact that this is what is known as a "big deal" + a "so what" moment.

I don't know why some people are so afraid of Obama, but I think it has more to do with being afraid of the world in general and coming to understand that you cannot live your life in a cushy little bubble of self interest.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:48 am

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contr ... =N00006424

these are McCains top contributors. Note that the first one is Merrill Lynch , another of the less than ethical fund shops from America.

the sad part about this is that it seems American markets cannot be trusted as good investment for a couple of reasons.

1. the corporations themselves are criminal in their operations

2. they become the property of someone else after they fail and your chances of getting your money back are thin if not null.

This only hurt America when people don't want to invest in it and people don't want to invest in a republican America plane and simple because of the track record of the current administration.
we'd all be fools to drop one dime on the American funds market. You can thanks the republicans for that. and that's also how the rest of the world figures in who you elect down there. It's simple.

Obama = investor confidence and reparation of the system that is failing

McCain= continued unemployment, continued failing stock markets, continued divisional gap between rich and poor and the ever shrinking middle class. continued war for the sake of war.

choice is pretty clear when you aren't looking through the bottoms of the american media beer goggles.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby pujimeng on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:48 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00006424

McCain= continued unemployment, continued failing stock markets, continued divisional gap between rich and poor and the ever shrinking middle class. continued war for the sake of war.

Investor confidence? Please explain how you came to that conclusion. Doubling the capital gains tax will NOT boost investor confidence, but that's just my econ classes flavoring my opinion. McCain attempted to rein in Fannie and Freddie in '05 to no avail. Also, please check out Obamas top contributors and that fact that the sources for $62 million are yet unidentified. But no worry, apparently the rose colored glasses work better than beer goggles.
Last edited by pujimeng on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
pujimeng
Santi

Postby count on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:26 am

pujimeng wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00006424

Investor confidence? Please explain how you came to that conclusion. Doubling the capital gains tax will NOT boost investor confidence, but that's just my econ classes flavoring my opinion. McCain attempted to rein in Fannie and Freddie in '05 to no avail. Also, please check out Obamas top contributors and that fact that the sources for $62 million are yet unidentified. But no worry, apparently the rose colored glasses work better than beer goggles.

See, it's not a political debate at all. Of course Obama is just as evil as John McCain. Why the hell should anyone vote for more of the same? It's the only tool we have to fix the problems of the incompetent government workers and CEO's who can't even get their own e-mail without technical support. Vote for change.

What did you do, join this forum for political debate? Take your asinine defense of the government that failed us, and the corporations that own your silly ass and mine, to someone who cares. Until you can defend McCain without pointing to Obama or Clinton than STFU.

McCain has gone with the political winds on the economic issues for the past 30 years and has been wrong everytime. At this late stage of his career, he has decided to bend to the RNC, and adopt the policies of George Bush. Voted party lines on every issue for the past decade. Now he's too old and handicapped to educate himself about computers according to his puppetmaster, Carl Rove. So what, do they pay guys like you to join forums and defend the lies?

If you decide to be a member of this forum, I hope you have more interesting martial arts topics to discuss, because off topic, you suck. :P
Last edited by count on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby count on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:28 am

Oh ya, don't worry about Obama doubling the capital gains tax. Check your facts. But I would worry about your loses if you continue to support John "More of the Same" and his hockey mom running mate.
Last edited by count on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Well, I liked what Jeff said, I mostly agree.

"I don't know why some people are so afraid of Obama, but I think it has more to do with being afraid of the world in general and coming to understand that you cannot live your life in a cushy little bubble of self interest."

Afraid? It doesn't make a lie of the fact that B. Obama and B. Frank are have taken the MOST money from Fannie Mae. It's just the truth. Or that the former chairman of said company (who gave himself what...50 million bucks?) was the head of O's veep committee?

They should all get cancer.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby count on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:31 am

Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby pujimeng on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:47 am

count wrote:
What did you do, join this forum for political debate? Take your asinine defense of the government that failed us, and the corporations that own your silly ass and mine, to someone who cares. Until you can defend McCain without pointing to Obama or Clinton than STFU.

If you decide to be a member of this forum, I hope you have more interesting martial arts topics to discuss, because off topic, you suck. :P

Please show me where I defended "the government that failed us, and the corporations that own your silly ass and mine" and I'll be happy to discuss that with you.

Been a member of this forum for over four years, but had to sign up again when everything was switched over, so STFU. Sorry if me having an opinion that differs from yours is so upsetting to you. My advice, get used to disappointment.
pujimeng
Santi

Postby pujimeng on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:57 am

count wrote:Oh ya, don't worry about Obama doubling the capital gains tax. Check your facts. But I would worry about your loses if you continue to support John "More of the Same" and his hockey mom running mate.

Your're right. First he said he was going to let it go back to 28%, then when that turned out to be unpopular he changed his mind and said he would "possibly defer" his tax increase. It wasn't until he started slipping the the polls that he said 20%. Yep, politics as usual, change we can believe in.

So what exactly is Obama going to do different? Especially with Old Man Washington as his running mate? As a registered Democrat I would love a candidate that I could actually vote for, but I'll just have to wait until Mark Warner runs in four years I guess.

And as a small business man I've seen gains this year, not losses. Probably because, unlike government, I know how to mange my money.
Last edited by pujimeng on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
pujimeng
Santi

Next

Return to Off the Topic