Canadians? Is this what you are proud of?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Canadians? Is this what you are proud of?

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:08 pm

See, thats what I'm saying.
CBC is the only broadcaster in Canada that runs completely commercial free.
I can't stand listening to the other classical and jazz stations as they just have way too much grotesque advertising.
Bring back my radio two classical darnit!!!! >:(
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:32 pm

buddy it's got nothing to do with Bush or McCain or liberals or libertarians or anything.

you and mike strong's comments about hating canadians are just sad, man. it's no different from saying "i hate niggers because they're all stupid drug-using thieves" because you got robbed by some brown skinned dudes and they always talk funny and didn't do well academically in school while you were growing up, and then maybe posting a bad gangsta rap video to back up your statement. "is this what you're proud of, niggers?"

McCain and Palin are a fucking JOKE, man. all around the world people are flabbergasted that such a pathetic joke can be taken seriously by a nation of supposedly educated people. (i know, i know, this is where you guys say "fuck people around the world")

i have a canadian passport, and i've lived in the country for a whole two months in my 29 year life, and i thought that article was pretty fair. if the american government has the right to invade and bomb and sanction and assassinate and kidnap and torture people all around the world, you guys have no right to tell people around the world to stay our of american politics.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Dude,
I NEVER said I hate Canadians. I posted a quote from YOUR CBC and asked are you proud about it. So, like Tom you took that as an insult?

I'm done.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:52 pm

I-mon wrote:if the american government has the right to invade and bomb and sanction and assassinate and kidnap and torture people all around the world, you guys have no right to tell people around the world to stay our of american politics.

I didn't read the article, I was at work and it was long. No matter if I agree with it or not, I-mon explained very well why people outside US discuss American politics. Because they affect everyone - look at all the countries dragged into the post 9/11 conflict for example. And it is not only war, but everything from oil to free trade.

Now, I get that some people get pissed off when outsiders express opinions and they are consistently opposed to their own, especially when most of the forums seems to lean into the opposite direction.

Buddy is cool with me: he may get angry but he always has some reason. I lost all respect for Mike Strong and especially MikeC who are often directing gratuitous insults and contempt to large groups of people, usually the weak and unfortunate, without any apparent reason. That is why I was quite offensive against them, I got fed up and actually I had to hold my tongue quite a bit for the sake of everyone else. I promise to stop that for the forum.
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 pm

ok man, i guess i misrepresented what you were saying.

and no, i wasn't insulted, and i don't consider canada to be my country.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:47 am

I definitely don't understand the Canada 'hate' that goes on on this board. Outside of waiters/service staff getting stiffed by Canucks on tips (constantly - this is a stereotype that's mostly true but it applies to Germans and other Europeans/ferner nations as well) I've never heard any complaints about them in the US. If you say the somewhat anti-Canuck comments that happen occasionally are just joking ... I don't see it.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:59 am

Ya know, I'm not sure that it has anything at all to do with Canada or Canadians. It's not like they're so different. I really wonder how you can tell, unless they say "ay" a lot. I wouldn't even have known that anyone here was Canadian if they hadn't said so.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Steve James wrote:Ya know, I'm not sure that it has anything at all to do with Canada or Canadians. It's not like they're so different. I really wonder how you can tell, unless they say "ay" a lot. I wouldn't even have known that anyone here was Canadian if they hadn't said so.

fer phoque's sake laddie eets pronoonced "EH", nit "ay".
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:25 pm

Okeh
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Buddy, yer backpeddling for abeing a provocative jerkwad. lol. But that's okay eh, we expect as much at this time.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic