Note to Buddy, MikeC, Mike Strong, Steelincotton, others

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Note to Buddy, MikeC, Mike Strong, Steelincotton, others

Postby nianfong on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:36 am

please stop deliberately trolling with political posts.

You're picking virtual fights here.

It's ok to post news, or recent developments directly about the issues, and even someone else's commentary. but before you do it, please stop and think if you're doing it just to piss off people who disagree with you, or if you're really doing it to spread the word about something (or it's just for entertainment). there's a fine line there. think about your own intentions before you post. they usually will come through at some point in the thread.

for example, when a thread is entitled "Canadians? is this what you're proud of?" this is deliberately picking a fight with canadians, who really have nothing to do with politics in the US, and it IS trolling.

Same goes for deliberate personal attacks on people who disagree with you. calling liberals "commie faggots" for example. or calling conservatives "redneck white trash".

If I see this continue (on either side of the political fence) I will ban you from OTT. You will be warned before I do so, but those of you I have specifically mentioned on this post, consider this your warning. I will do my best to clarify this line when I see it being crossed, so you have sufficient time to understand where the line is drawn.

-Fong
Last edited by nianfong on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Re: Note to Buddy, MikeC, Mike Strong, others

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:42 am

Fong is one of those East Coast Liberal Elites.

Damn you and your sense of entitlement!!!

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:45 am

Fong,
So I'm curious, who are the 'others' you refer to in the title? Did you just list us three by name b/c you disagree with us personally?

Thanks,

Mike
MikeC

Postby nianfong on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:57 am

the "others" are those that may have not been as consistently insulting, or who are considering joining you guys in your mudslinging contests. either in response to, or in support of you.

you have every right to disagree with me politically. the line is drawn when your intention is to deliberately piss people off and in personal attacks. this has to stop.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:06 pm

Yes, steelincotton does not get a free pass. he's usually ok, but sometimes he rolls in the mud too.
nianfong
Administrator

Re: Note to Buddy, MikeC, Mike Strong, Steelincotton, others

Postby MikeC on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:08 pm

and count, and CaliG and the canadians...

but you didn't name them in their own thread title did you?

Thanks for staying neutral mods...NOT!

MikeC
MikeC

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Well, I for one will go on record as saying that I understood Fong's warning to apply to me to. Its just that for the most part we aren't the ones who are doing the most shit slinging.
Steelincotton (lol I almost spelled it steelingcotton.... Must be my colonialist genes talking or something) also got warned in the title of the thread, so he's not just ragging on you Republican guys.
Just sayin :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:14 pm

Mike,

count and caliG don't always have their mudslingers on. but you, mike strong, and buddy almost always do. that's the difference.
but they also need to watch themselves.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby MikeC on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Well I guess I should thank you for at least changing the thread title....
MikeC

Postby meeks on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:04 pm

instead of whinging about which names he managed to fit into the title box, why not just read what he said and pay attention? It's gotten damn tiring and yes, some of you guys are trolls about politics. Fong's put up with a lot of it and he's given everyone a lot of slack. If you respect the man's forum, you respect the man.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby jasonf on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Seriously? A good 30% of the posts on this forum are written to arrouse a reaction, political or not. Why is it such a big deal, let them squabble and if the rest of us don't want to read it, we don't have to.
I assume that I'm might be missing something? Where's the beef?
jasonf
Huajing

Postby cerebus on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:02 pm

jasonf wrote:Seriously? A good 30% of the posts on this forum are written to arrouse a reaction, political or not. Why is it such a big deal, let them squabble and if the rest of us don't want to read it, we don't have to.
I assume that I'm might be missing something? Where's the beef?

Because such things tend to spill over into other non-political threads and ruin things for those of us who'd rather not step in the stinky pile of politics that someone dumped on the sidewalk. Politics and religion... the two things which have caused (or perhaps more accurately, "justified") more hatred and brutality than just about anything else in the world. Ya'll are welcome to 'em. Have fun wiping each other off the face of the earth... :P
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Excuse me, but I've been pretty reasonable here. I've endorsed no candidate but the LP, who have no chance of winning, And I certainly haven't shilled them like the liberal posters have done with their own candidate. I'm happy to dog liberals because I think their philosophy is detrimental to the future of my country. The only one who I have been at all personal in ANY of these conversations is steel. He's a zealot who has slagged the Republican candidates personally. Sorry, that's wrong. Otherwise I've pretty much tried to stick to the issues except when meeks called me an asshole. Then go back and read my response. So, no thank you. I'll continue to write what I please.

If this is so:
"Canadians..who really have nothing to do with politics in the US"

Than tell them to shut the fuck up about our politics.
Last edited by Buddy on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:17 pm

meeks wrote:instead of whinging about which names he managed to fit into the title box, why not just read what he said and pay attention? It's gotten damn tiring and yes, some of you guys are trolls about politics. Fong's put up with a lot of it and he's given everyone a lot of slack. If you respect the man's forum, you respect the man.

Or you could just fuck off and mind your own business, eh?
MikeC

Postby Buddy on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:29 pm

The bottom line here is that most posters are liberal, including MODS, and anything they don't agree with is "going too far". It's a private forum and you certainly have the right to censor a vocal minority. But it stinks and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I quoted a Canadian journalist (IMO whom Canadians should be ashamed of...sort of they way I feel about Ann Coulter. But NO!, it's fine because they are liberal No one slammed Mix when he said about that article "The funny part about that article is that its true." Bull fucking shit.
Buddy
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic