The recent mass shooting and associated topics

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The recent mass shooting and associated topics

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 am

I said that it doesn't make sense to me that an incompetent person could and would do everything attributed to Lanza, but there are lots of unknowns or unanswered questions.

You're saying that it doesn't make sense to you. That doesn't mean that there's a problem. Of course there are unknowns, the guy killed his mom, tried to destroy his computer and killed himself. Duh, there are lots of things that we will never know. So, anyone can make up anything that he or she wants. Likewise, any and all opinions can be discounted out of hand.

Your argument about Swiss being regular people is useless to me. I stayed there, in Versoix, next to Geneve. I know the country pretty well. Yep, soldiers carry their weapons back and forth because they're citizen soldiers coming back from training, which they are required to do similar to reservists in the States. And, why you want to say that they're ordinary people escapes me. What did you expect? Fwiw, I think there was one single incident of a Swiss using his weapon in a crime.

Afa "not uncommon for Swiss to have these kinds of weapons," you're referring to hunters and bolt action weapons? You're kidding. What else would they have if they're hunters? But, that's no different anywhere in Europe. Well, ime, hunting wasn't really big in the part of Switzerland where I stayed. I think it was banned, but I could be wrong. Now, on le Plateau in central Switzerland, I think there are probably lots more hunters, who primarily go after nuisance varmints. Again, I don't know; but I can say without hesitation that Switzerland is not a gun culture. It's military has what has allowed it to stay neutral and isolated for a long time.

If you don't get the connection of a thread titled "recent mass shootings and associated topics" and an article about a mass shooting...in Switzerland...then I don't know what else to say.

:) Fair enough, I'll be attaching "associated topics." I just thought that any connection between these events was ridiculous in light of the previous suggestion of a conspiracy. That should be clear.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:16 am

No Steve, all that's clear is that you're in attack mode and you're pushing me like a little bully trying to start a fight in order to feel justified to escalate and derail. You do it from time to time, nothing new. Can't wait to see your associated topics. I triple dog dare you!

Now what we really ought to do is start a thread in order to have a pissing contest about who really knows the real Switzerland, me or you?
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 am

Hey, I'm being honest. I don't have any clue why you bother to associate what an obviously disturbed person in Switzerland did with what's going on in the US. That is, I do not see the connection that you're making or the reason for it. Is every mass shooting connected? Then, the connections that have been made previously are themselves improbable. For instance, the suggestion that it is the product of some gov't sponsored program. That's what made the reference to Switzerland so puzzling.

Afa Switzerland, I know the country well enough. It was my first European experience, and though I wouldn't piss about it, I'd be more than happy to tell you what I've found in the various cantons. Tchino isn't like Geneve or Zurich or Bern, but I know for a fact that the Swiss don't have the same attitude toward guns or gun ownership, and are the worst example for anyone against gun control. That's a fact.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:33 am

"Is every mass shooting connected?"
Some people's reaction to mass shootings, wherever they may be, is to call for restrictions or bans on guns by using them as examples of how dangerous it is for guns to be available to normal people.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 am

Americans never give up your guns
http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/28-12-2012/123335-americans_guns-0/
PRAVDA
By Stanislav Mishin
Michael

Why isn't FOX reporting this 1/5/2013

Postby yeniseri on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:48 pm

I heard about another mass (4 people) event though not a whole bunch of people! Took place in Aurora, CO again. No further information!
Today 4 people shot. I wonder if I will hear or see FOX reporting on this for the next 4 months?
Last edited by yeniseri on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 am

Mother shoots home intruder five times in face and neck after he cornered her in attic with her twins, 9

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257966/Paul-Ali-Slater-Intruder-shot-times-face-neck-cornering-mother-kids-attic.html
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 am

Delhi women gun for arms licences

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-08-04/delhi/33034944_1_gun-licences-women-grant-licenses

NEW DELHI: It could be a new measure of women's emancipation or just a passing fad, but Delhi Police has been stumped by the huge number of working women seeking gun licences. The trend is partly a response to the city's lawlessness but may also reflect the growing need of women to be in control, claim senior officers.

In the past two years, Delhi cops have received over 900 applications for guns from women. While year 2010 saw around 320 applications, the figure had grown to around 500 in 2011. But it's not only the numbers that's a break from the past. There's a change as well in the reasons cited by women for bearing arms.
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:45 am

I posted the previous two articles as examples of the fact that self-defense in a violent world is a useful and legitimate reason to have access to this very basic technology. The scenario of a mother of 2 boys hiding from a burglar or worse and having only a gun to protect herself might elicit sympathy as well as the recent rape-murder in New Delhi of a young, female medical student. That kind of violent crime is rampant there and hundreds of women have asked for gun permits in the past couple of weeks in order to protect themselves because the cops are not doing the job. One woman who was raped there went to the police for help and claims she was raped again by the police inspector. At some point, you have to protect yourself from common predators.
Last edited by Michael on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby gzregorz on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 am

I prefer this twitter feed myself, because it just gives you numbers and doesn't try to show one side or the other.

https://twitter.com/GunDeaths

I still say China would be a much safer place if everyone had a gun.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 am

Who has argued against legitimate self defense?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 am

Steve James wrote:Who has argued against legitimate self defense?

Like I said they're talking points. There's no dialogue here.
Last edited by gzregorz on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 am

You've got to be kidding, Steve.

People who want to ban guns or make them nearly impossible to obtain, or make the penalties for their illegal possession so excessive that it makes people afraid to go near them, like Graham, Bailewen, and Greg. There's also those people who implicitly or explicitly support government policies against common gun ownership, like this thread started by JB.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am

People who want to ban guns

Yep, talking point #6 :) Who wants to ban guns. Ah, yes, or make "penalties for their illegal possession" legal. Yep, that'd be bad, to make illegal possession of firearms illegal. "Rule of law" and all that.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gimpster on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 am

Michael wrote:You've got to be kidding, Steve.

People who want to ban guns or make them nearly impossible to obtain, or make the penalties for their illegal possession so excessive that it makes people afraid to go near them, like Graham, Bailewen, and Greg. There's also those people who implicitly or explicitly support government policies against common gun ownership, like this thread started by JB.

Spot on Michael.

Gun grabbers don't want law abiding people to be able to defend themselves. They go out of their way to pooh pooh claims that one can use a gun for self-defense. They are also the first people to fight laws like Three Strikes and protect murderers like Tookie Williams, whom they turned into a celebrity until we killed his worthless ass.

When states like Florida and Arizona proposed new CCW laws that made it easy for ordinary citizens to carry, the Dems were screaming that it would lead to criminals becoming even more deadly and more shootouts. It didn't happen. The bottom line is: Liberals are just deeply offended that people are allowed to defend themselves and have a say in their own livelihood.

This is why gun owners are so vociferous in fighting them. They know what their end goal is and that our lives and welfare mean nothing to them.
gimpster
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic