Will there be a Presidential election this fall?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Will there be a Presidential election this fall?

Postby dragontigerpalm on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:11 pm

I don't believe that there is any legal way that Bush or any president can extend the length of his service beyond two terms. Technically the longest a person could serve as president is one day shy of ten years assuming that he were to assume the presidency with less than two years remaining during a crisis - death, ouster or resignation of the then current president and then subsequently was elected to office twice.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:36 pm

PDD51 or NSPD51 is part of Continuity of Government (COG), which is the ability of the US Government to continue functioning when it is either under attack or in the middle of an emergency that makes normal government operations in D.C. impossible. Specific plans for the continuity of government were made under Reagan in 1984 with a plan called Rex-84, which Oliver North was involved with.
Last edited by Michael on Thu May 24, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Michael on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:57 pm

The recently released film Fabled Enemies explains in detail how COG was established after 9/11.
Last edited by Michael on Thu May 24, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby D_Glenn on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:46 pm

Michael wrote:PDD51 or NSPD51 is part of Continuity of Government (COG), which is the ability of the US Government to continue functioning when it is either under attack or in the middle of an emergency that makes normal government operations in D.C. impossible. Specific plans for the continuity of government were made under Reagan in 1984 with a plan called Rex-84, which Oliver North was involved with. This plan included the building of hundreds of prison camps around the USA that are now fully functional, but empty and awaiting prisoners.

COG was activated by Bush/Cheney on Sept. 11 and Bush has renewed the state of emergency status every year since 9/11 in order to maintain the COG status. Under COG, the Executive Branch, the President and the military have total authority and the Congress have almost none, which was evidenced recently by Sec. of Treasury Paulson telling Congress they have no authority to interfere with his deal with the Federal Reserve to bail out the banks.

On paper, COG is authorized and happening mostly behind the scenes, especially with the US Army's Northern Command which recently announced the relocation of an entire active duty Army Brigade into the USA beginning on Oct. 1 in order to deal with riots and civil unrest. Things are moving, but the American people and the Congress are unaware and not yet prepared to accept this massive change to the power structure of the Federal govt. All that remains is a final catalyzing event(s) or crisis to persuade the American people to accept the next incremental step toward what is essentially martial law. The language of the bailout plan before Congress says that the plan itself is "unreviewable" to Congress and "no court in the land can review it". That's the Executive Branch becoming a dictatorship.

I live here in colorado, work at a home construction site and for the last 2-3 months it's becoming increasingly noticible that there is a huge increase in military flights most likely coming and leaving peterson air force base and flying north and south, possibly up to north dakota. We've seen everything you could imagine- f-22's and whatnot, every type of helicopter and transport helos, strange planes with bizarre rader equipment, today we saw a plane that looked like a hammerhead shark, old military propeller planes of all sorts, I'd say on average about 10 a day. It is totally bizarre. We run out everytime we hear something. :-\

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:56 pm

You beat me to it Tom. In another thread somebody said that recent American history is playing out like ancient Roman history. I was going to reply that we'll know things are bad if they suspend the elections in November.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Fwiw, 9/11 happenednon a primary day in NYC. Giuliani suggested that the election for mayor be postponed and that term limits be removed. Both proposals were shot down. Of course, the present mayor also wants to remove term limits.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:33 pm

During the Iran/Contra Congressional Hearings in 1987, Rep. Jack Brooks of Texas questioned Oliver North about Continuity of Govt. and was silenced by Sen. Inouye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0IL7k3elQ

Brooks: Colonel North, in your work at the NSC (National Security Council), were you not assigned at one time to work on plans for the continuity of government in the event of major disaster?

North's lawyer: Mr. Chairman?

Senator Inouye: I believe that question touches upon a highly sensitive and classified area, so may I request that you not touch upon that sir?

Rep. Brooks: I was particularly concerned, Mr. Chairman [Inouye], because I read in the Miami papers, and several others, that there had been a plan developed by that same agency, contingency plan, in the event of a emergency, that would suspend the American Constitution, and I was deeply concerned about it. And wondering if that was the area in which he had worked.

Senator Inouye: May I most respectfully request that that matter not be touched upon at this stage? If we wish to get into this, I'm sure arrangements can be made in Executive session.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Well, fwiw #2, the US military already has plans drawn as to how to take over the functions of gov't in case of an emergency. There have been trial runs since the 50s. That's real "martial law".
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:58 pm

pro-nazi business orchestrated a coup in the 30's, so this wouldn't surprise me, since bush is nothing but a puppet for business interests anyway.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:14 am

His grandfather, Prescott Bush, enthusiastically supported Hitler and the Nazis, prior to and during WW2. Prescott Bush' bank was busted for doing so, trading with the enemy, and the bank was taken over by the US Govt. Grandpa Bush was also part of the criminal gang who tried to takeover the USA in the 30's by force through a military coup, but were exposed by Marine General Smedley Butler. George W. Bush comes from a heritage of actual Nazis, which has been proven out by almost everything his administration has done.
Last edited by Michael on Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby ashe on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:31 am

the country is so divided that the vote will already by nearly 50/50 anyway. it won't take much to fudge it to 49/51.

i truly believe that's what happened the last two times.

i was hoping that the last 8 years would have been enough to get the country's collective head together, but sadly, not so.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 am

Mebbe things will get so bad that those who are coasting through this segment of reality will be jarred into action when their credit cards finally stop working and food is scarce. Whether or not that happens before or after martial law is formally declared is yet to be seen. I'm hoping before and while there's time to turn this thing around.
Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:43 am

don't forget the whole Nibiru thing either! run for your lives!!! ahhhhh! etc. :p
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:57 am

A video from BBC4 about the Bush family and the attempted coup against America that Marine Corps. General Smedley Butler exposed.

Part 1 10 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlC5IiKikJ0

Part 2 7 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiQh1_rYw9w

Part 3 10 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0xsU_0LKco

Naomi Wolf explains how George W. Bush is has been following the fascist playbook in a 10 step program.
Last edited by Michael on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby zenshiite on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Keep your eyes peeled folks. I could definitely see this sort of thing going down. It's not even a matter of conspiracy theory... the peices are in place for such a thing to happen, and it's a matter of record. It's not a matter of possibly real or imagined black-ops operations going down to set thing in motion either. It's a matter of seizing opportunity, and then inflating the threat to degrees disproportionate with reality.

Take the whole al-Qa'ida thing. We are supposed to believe that these dudes who haven't even seized a notable national government with any kind of organized military force can somehow bring the downfall of "civilization"(by which is only ever meant Western civilization). Yet this is a terrorist movement, not an organization really, that is entirely dependent on independent cells of loosely organized small cadres of people. IF they were subject to some kind of central authority they'd be snatched up real quick, because something on that scale sans deep governmental espionage organizations the likes of the CIA or KGB just couldn't work. There are environmental and animal rights "organizations" that learned long ago direct actions against their foes couldn't be undertaken without being completely decentralized with NO command structure entirely dependent upon like-minded individuals taking direct action independently. Their caveat for claiming such acts in their names(Earth Liberation Front and the Animal Liberation Front) has always been that no humans are injured in the action. Only property crimes are committed. ELF and ALF can no more bring about the collapse of the environmentally destructive and animal exploitative industries they target than al-Qa'ida can bring about the collapse of Western, or any other, civilization.
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic