favourite craft juices

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

favourite craft juices

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:31 am

I have a real hardon for good juice that is made by small companies.
In Guelph we have Crofters at our local health food store. Their mango and also pineapple juice is quite good.
We used to have this other stuff that was just amazing, but they don't carry it any more.
I've also seen an orange juice at the local Italian supermarket that I'm thinking of buying.

What are your favourite small company juices?
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Re: favourite craft juices

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:33 am

none. I make my own juice. so should you! buy a good juicer and in teh long wrong it will save you money and you will have an incredible source of extracted nutrtion tat is superior to anything at all that is bottled and sold on a shelf. seriously!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:36 am

I've got my own juicer, too; it is definitely the way to go. Hey Darth, when you do apples, which parts do you throw out? I get rid of most of the core, but knowing there's B-17 in the seeds, I'd like to incorporate that.
Michael

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:46 am

Hey Darth, I have a juicer and I used to make a lot of juices, but the thing is so hard to clean properly.
Any suggestions on easy to clean juicers?
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby jasonf on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:32 am

Here in Boston I found a small market run by some Rasta guys in Dorchester, they make all fresh juices, Grape, Carrot, Apple, Irish Moss? it looked milky, I haven't tried it.
I have a good juicer and love some good carrot juice, but juicing seems something that I get on a kick about for a month or two and then the juicer goes back in the cabinet for 6 months.
As good for you as juicing is it can be loaded with sugar because you are not ingesting all the fiber and only the concentrated liquid.
jasonf
Huajing

Postby Bär on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:40 am

Michael wrote:I've got my own juicer, too; it is definitely the way to go. Hey Darth, when you do apples, which parts do you throw out? I get rid of most of the core, but knowing there's B-17 in the seeds, I'd like to incorporate that.

There's also a micro amount of cyanide in apple seeds.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby ParryPerson on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:05 am

This sounds great. I should get a juicer as I've been trying to cut out the soda (HFCS for the lose...it's everywhere now!) but I still have a bit of a sweet tooth.
Discuss internal martial arts on IRC! Channel: #internalarts Server: EFnet
Myspace Baguazhang Group! http://groups.myspace.com/pakua
ParryPerson
Anjing

Postby Michael on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:31 pm

Bär wrote:There's also a micro amount of cyanide in apple seeds.

Right, that's part of the B-17 (amygdalin). B-17 kills cancer cells by releasing the cyanide only when the cancer cell matches up 3-dimensionally with the B-17 molecule. It's perfect. The concentrated form of B-17, called laetrile, has been outlawed in the USA. It's an effective cure for cancer, but it's just too cheap and simple to be accepted by the AMA.
Last edited by Michael on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Michael Babin on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:25 am

I've read more than once over the years, comments by supposedly competent practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine that they were against consuming juices made in modern, high powered juicers. Their rationale being that the electricity used affected the qi in the natural ingredients. Those comments stuck in my mind for some reason... anyone qualified have an opinion?
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby Ian on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:24 am

I have carrot-apple-grapefruit juice every morning. Packed with win and nutrients and shit.

Without it I'd probably lie in the dark shooting loads into a pillow all day.

Michael Babin wrote:I've read more than once over the years, comments by supposedly competent practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine that they were against consuming juices made in modern, high powered juicers. Their rationale being that the electricity used affected the qi in the natural ingredients. Those comments stuck in my mind for some reason... anyone qualified have an opinion?

Last edited by Ian on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:27 am

Ian wrote:Without it I'd probably lie in the dark shooting loads into a pillow all day.

That could be a very profitable web site for your run of the mill ditchpig clientele. ;D
Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:26 am

We have a Salton Juicer, which is restaurant grade heavy duty. It's not hard to clean, but all juicers take a lot of nook and cranny cleaning

Michael, I pull the stems off the apples and wash them and that's it, they go in seeds and all.
I peel my citrus fruits completely though.

Most veg and fruit go in as whole though.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:55 am

Ron: [sniffing Homer's breath] Do I smell vodka ... and wheatgrass?
Homer: It's called a lawnmower, I invented it. Do you want one?
Ron: Yeah, okay.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Ian wrote:I have carrot-apple-grapefruit juice every morning. Packed with win and nutrients and shit.

Sounds good except for the "shit" ingredient.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:57 pm

Bär wrote:
There's also a micro amount of cyanide in apple seeds.

Hmmm. So THAT explains the almond like taste.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic