Why Aren't Americans Buying the Bailout?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Why Aren't Americans Buying the Bailout?

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:17 am

Yeah, well your current dictator is no stranger to violating your constitution.

It's an impasse and only so because the american people refuse to do anything about it.
The apathy is stifling. It is the breeding ground of more dictators.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:40 am

What impasse do you mean?
Michael

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:15 am

"Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan uttered this famous analysis: "American consumers might benefit if lenders provided greater mortgage product alternatives to the traditional fixed-rate mortgage."

This is why Americans aren't buying the bailout. So why is it that after this, we ought to trust the Fed now?

The problem is, we have no say in what congress passes. This is what our elected officials on both sides do--sell our country out. Is there any wonder why there is so much apathy?
Chris Fleming

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:13 am

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/b ... off/201127

Remember Bush said that every day "we" don't act stuff like this will happen...
Chris Fleming

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Well, I have to agree with Mike U. that a lot of this is the product of pure greed. However, I think that the greed was/is widespread, not limited to the guys at the top. It is obscene for them to leave with hundreds of millions of dollars, while their clients lose their thousands. I was thinking about Dmitri when I heard that the guy who managed the end of WaMu got 19 million for a month's work. Otoh, I don't get the feeling that if someone offered an employee 10 million that employee would say "Nah, that's too much."

Oh well, I never planned to retire anyway. Personally, the only thing I dislike about the bailout is that the little guy's debt wasn't relieved too.
Funny how the price of oil has dropped.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 pm

Steve James wrote:Funny how the price of oil has dropped.

HEHEHE! ;)
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:02 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_ ... retirement

Another reason why americans aren't buying the bailout (not that they had a choice).

Also, this is a good reason not to have all of your money (retirement or otherwise) in the stock market.
Chris Fleming

Postby iwalkthecircle on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 am

i dont support the bailOut.

it is natural not to buy bad debt.
the reason it is call sub-prime is that it is not the good debt one can collect.
as a investor of USA government (since i pay my tax), why do i have to pay to buy bad debt that is almost has very little chance of return in interest.

if a investment company is DUMB enough to buy sub-prime debt let it fail.....
how dare the CEO walk away from million of dollars of severance as the company fold, let the tax payer picks up the pieces.
we seen it many times in the airLine industry, when one company goes belly up let the other company buy it.
it only makes sense.

so what that growing pain is killing us.
did we not learn enough from history yet (S&L, Enron.....)
why do we single out Leiman by not saving the firm?
who decides on which firm to help or not to help?
a company that make bad decision should just learn from his mistake.
pain is good lesson learned.
it is like my 2 year old constantly make bad decisions, and want me to bail him out every time.....
it might be a good time to say "NO", & learn from your mistakes to my two year old.
what ever that does not kill him will make him that much stronger and smarter.
謝奇錚, 鄉人多稱「小謝 」,「阿奇仔」亦以自稱。
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
保定摔角(SC)-- John Wang(王世元), Matt Mollica
高氏八卦掌(Gao BGZ)-- Marcus Brinkman, Luo deXiu (羅德修), Yang yuSen(楊育森)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:33 am

I just thought about this remark yesterday, marveling and the new low prices. It seems to me that oil companies adjust their prices according to how the economy is doing to fit the average salary. That makes them taxing the population. We are being taxed by companies! -evil-
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:42 am

Darthwing Teorist wrote:

I just thought about this remark yesterday, marveling and the new low prices. It seems to me that oil companies adjust their prices according to how the economy is doing to fit the average salary. That makes them taxing the population. We are being taxed by companies! -evil-

Well, yeah, they know how their bread is buttered. We don't buy, they don't eat. They figure that we will pay what we can bear. If you're a homeowner, you might want to start buying your heating oil now. But, what was that argument again about the "need" for us to drill more wells? We may be seeing a surplus as, logically, oil companies are going to slow down production if only so that they can claim they need to raise the price again.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Chris Fleming

Previous

Return to Off the Topic