BERGDAHL the real story

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BERGDAHL the real story

Postby Peacedog on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:14 pm

The story isn't quite over yet.

His sentence has to be approved at the 4 star level before it goes final.

If the judge was found to have acted inappropriately then it will be changed. I don't remember if this goes to a new trial or not. It has been awhile since I've had anything to do with military law. That said, it is fairly rare for that to happen, but then again the whole situation is pretty uncommon. So who knows.

That said, it could be the judge found the way he did as a result of Berghdahl's experience during captivity. It could very well have been much worse than anyone is letting on. And those details will probably never be publically known.

Also, it has been suggested that Bergdahl provided a variety of important information during his debriefing and that may have contributed to a modification of his sentencing terms. And if true, those details will most certainly never be known.

The bottom line is that Bergdahl is now a dishonorably discharged vet and will be quickly forgotten to history.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 pm

Bergdahl has been providing "intelligence" on his whereabouts and it was stated to be valuable enough for him to be "free" in accordance with the veracity of information provided.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:00 pm

The dishonorable discharge is on appeal with the argument that the judge's decision was compromised by the president's remarks. I didn't even realize a dishonorable discharge could be appealed.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:30 am

It can be appealed as the court-martial's decision and I understand it can also be appealed later through the VA in terms of how you're treated in civilian life, your "VA rating" I think it's called.
Michael
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Bergdahl's unit had problems from the gitgo but this is no excuse for geting away with anything. He got caught, spent time in jail and provided information that is serving as a benchmark for future operations. The fellow has suffered enough.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic