Police brutality?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Police brutality in New York?

Postby grzegorz on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:27 pm

I love it when FOX viewers attack the media.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:22 pm

windwalker wrote:
I want to be clear. I'm not talking about all police. There are plenty of good police, and I hear from them on a daily basis.
But the police are becoming our enemy, and society is becoming the enemy of the police.

kind of bs, who is he talking about if its not about the police. oh ya, but there are some good ones

Black female Police sergeant Kizzy Adoni supervised the fatal arrest and on-scene medical treatment of Eric Garner. She testified “His condition did not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse.” as he lay on the sidewalk afterward. The guy wasn’t choked to death. It appears more likely he had a classic stressed-out fat man’s heart attack.
Read more at http://patdollard.com/2014/12/sgt-kizzy ... bEgXTqZ.99

Like the Father said, what are you supposed to do when someone says he can't breathe.

probably need to take it up with the person in charge.

this should good

The focus of the investigation will rest squarely on the police officers and whether their conduct amounted to a "hate crime" as it is very narrowly defined in federal law.

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-probe-eric-ga ... ories.html

just the little matter of who was in charge

a comment

HOW ABOUT THE REST OF THE STORY:While protesters are trying to make this about race, it must be noted that the police showed up in response to complaints from black business owners. The arrest was ordered by a black officer, and the arrest itself was supervised by a black officer, a female sergeant.
A crackdown on the sale of illegal, untaxed cigarettes - called "loosies" since they are sold in singles rather than in packs - had been ordered just days before Garner's arrest by the highest ranking black police officer in the NYPD, Philip Banks.

So a black officer ordered the crackdown, black business owners called for the arrest, a black officer ordered the arrest, and a black officer supervised the arrest itself. It's also worth noting that the 23-member grand jury which refused to indict the arresting officer included nine non-white members. Ask yourself how many of those facts you have heard from any member of the race-obsessed, low-information media.

Garner had been arrested 31 times, and eight of those had been for selling loosies. His rap sheet goes back decades and includes arrests for assault and grand larceny.
At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with multiple offenses, including illegal sale of cigarettes, marijuana possession, false impersonation and driving without a license.

yep should take a while for them to get around it.

a black officer ordered the crackdown, black business owners called for the arrest, a black officer ordered the arrest, and a black officer supervised the arrest itself.

who knew :o
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:25 am

According to WW, Oswald didn't kill President Kennedy, the ambulance drivers did. Film at eleven!!
;D

windwalker wrote:he died in an ambulance on the way to a hosp.
you mean the ambulance crew let him die?
Last edited by Michael on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:21 am

Michael wrote:According to WW, Oswald didn't kill President Kennedy, the ambulance drivers did. Film at eleven!!
;D

windwalker wrote:he died in an ambulance on the way to a hosp.
you mean the ambulance crew let him die?

would you argue that leader ship is not culpable for the actions of those that
they lead who are following their directives. the basic premise is one of police misconduct, apparently
only pertains to " certain" police misconduct.
code word "certain" ;)

the FBI is looking into why the ambulance crew did not preform their duties
in a manor consistent with their training. there may be charges brought against them.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:30 am

only pertains to " certain" police misconduct.
code word "certain" ;)

Yep, wink, wink.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: busted windpipe from choke - police brutality?

Postby grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:46 am

Despite his contention of a frame-up, Ramsey Orta’s testimony didn’t sway a grand jury, which indicted him on weapon charges, stemming from an Aug. 2 arrest, it was revealed in court Friday.

Orta, 22, who filmed an NYPD officer’s fatal chokehold of Eric Garner last month, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment in state Supreme Court, St. George.
Cops allege Orta stuffed an unloaded .25 caliber handgun into the waistband of Alba Lekaj, 17, outside the Hotel Richmond at 71 Central Ave., St. George, two weeks ago. Officers recovered the weapon, said police.
The defendant contends the charges are trumped up in retaliation for filming the Garner incident on July 17 in Tompkinsville.

Read more at http://thedailybanter.com/2014/12/cours ... OKRPVDU.99

which indicted him on weapon charges, stemming from an Aug. 2 arrest

whoa didnt see that one coming :o

guess after filming he went back to his day job. ;)

the charges are trumped up in retaliation for filming the Garner incident on July 17 in Tompkinsville.

of course they are. ::)

I think whats interesting about all the cases, are the back stories
that tend to help explain what happened over what was thought to have happened, but some how get ignored or disregarded once presented.

In this case.
some felt that he didnt receive med attention soon enough, turns out he died on the way to the hosp, in an ambulance.
many are say he was choked, yet dont look at the pictures with with "trained eyes"
and others feel that a crime, repeat offender should have the right to keep offending. guessing on this :-\

I asked about the 2nd contention feeling that some here would be able to pick apart the different holds, spot
differences in the way that would or not make it a "choke" hold.
no real answers, maybe the "eyes" are not trained enough or it doesn't matter. say it enough, it will make it so.

just as in the MB case, "hands up" now after the evidence doesnt support this narrative, the "people" say it doesnt matter its just a metaphor

in each case presented there is a back drop that never gets put out.
even after its out, seems like doesnt matter.

They should have accused dude of exposing himself in public if really wanted to discredit him. I don't have a problem with someone owning a pistol.

The fact is dude could have been the devil himself and it still wouldn't have mattered. Just as the cops want the NFL to go after the Rams for raising their hands in the air some of us believe police should go after bad cops who repeatedly use excessive force.

I realize though at this point in the debate there are people who will support anything the police do and I accept that.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: busted windpipe from choke - police brutality?

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:53 pm

grzegorz wrote:
Despite his contention of a frame-up, Ramsey Orta’s testimony didn’t sway a grand jury, which indicted him on weapon charges, stemming from an Aug. 2 arrest, it was revealed in court Friday.

Orta, 22, who filmed an NYPD officer’s fatal chokehold of Eric Garner last month, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment in state Supreme Court, St. George.
Cops allege Orta stuffed an unloaded .25 caliber handgun into the waistband of Alba Lekaj, 17, outside the Hotel Richmond at 71 Central Ave., St. George, two weeks ago. Officers recovered the weapon, said police.
The defendant contends the charges are trumped up in retaliation for filming the Garner incident on July 17 in Tompkinsville.

Read more at http://thedailybanter.com/2014/12/cours ... OKRPVDU.99

which indicted him on weapon charges, stemming from an Aug. 2 arrest

whoa didnt see that one coming :o

guess after filming he went back to his day job. ;)

the charges are trumped up in retaliation for filming the Garner incident on July 17 in Tompkinsville.

of course they are. ::)

I think whats interesting about all the cases, are the back stories
that tend to help explain what happened over what was thought to have happened, but some how get ignored or disregarded once presented.

In this case.
some felt that he didnt receive med attention soon enough, turns out he died on the way to the hosp, in an ambulance.
many are say he was choked, yet dont look at the pictures with with "trained eyes"
and others feel that a crime, repeat offender should have the right to keep offending. guessing on this :-\

I asked about the 2nd contention feeling that some here would be able to pick apart the different holds, spot
differences in the way that would or not make it a "choke" hold.
no real answers, maybe the "eyes" are not trained enough or it doesn't matter. say it enough, it will make it so.

just as in the MB case, "hands up" now after the evidence doesnt support this narrative, the "people" say it doesnt matter its just a metaphor

in each case presented there is a back drop that never gets put out.
even after its out, seems like doesnt matter.

They should have accused dude of exposing himself in public if really wanted to discredit him. I don't have a problem with someone owning a pistol.

The fact is dude could have been the devil himself and it still wouldn't have mattered. Just as the cops want the NFL to go after the Rams for raising their hands in the air some of us believe police should go after bad cops who repeatedly use excessive force.

I realize though at this point in the debate there are people who will support anything the police do and I accept that.

sure your right

They saw Orta start talking to Ms. Lekaj, and watched them both enter the Hotel Richmond at 71 Central Ave., "a known drug-prone location," according to an NYPD statement.

"The two suspects are inside only for moments and then depart. Officers, in plain clothes with their shields displayed, approached the two individuals to question them when they observed Suspect #1 slip an object into the waistband of Suspect #2," the statement reads.

"Suspect #1" is identified as Orta, "Suspect #2" as Ms. Lekaj.

"Officers immediately took control of the two and observed, in plain sight, a gun in the waistband of Suspect #2. The two were placed under arrest and an unloaded .25 caliber Norton handgun was recovered."

Orta denied entering the hotel, saying, "I have a wife."

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index. ... l_cho.html

what hotel? :o
his hands where up, at least I think they where
I cant breath,

"i have a wfe" " i am blk"

all have nothing to do with what the charge is or what the officers where there for.
why is it that if its about "the police", it seems only to be about the wht police.

even with the fact that a persons of "color", in this case where running the whole show.
had it been an officer of "color" who took Eric, down this would be a none issue
just another day in the life.

I realize at this point some people dont fact check much and seem to be manipulated by the "free press"

the basic question should have been why was he arrested, and what did giving a gun to someone else have to do with anything.
the rest of the story not easily available.

kinda messes with the victim hood narrative and all.

The fact is dude could have been the devil himself and it still wouldn't have mattered.

yep kinda picked that up,,,it wouldnt have mattered.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:25 pm

looks like maybe your right it was a question of police harassment.
I bet he thought he might get some money for the clip or maybe some consideration
with his own problems by helping the "police"
that didnt work out for him to well :o

Besides the latest case, Orta has other pending criminal matters.

He's accused of punching a man who was collecting bottles outside Orta's Van Duzer Street home on July 13, a source with knowledge of the case said. The alleged victim suffered facial lacerations and swelling, said authorities.

Orta was charged with third-degree assault and second-degree harassment, according to a criminal complaint.

He's due back in Stapleton Criminal Court on Aug. 22 for a conference.

Two months before his assault arrest, Orta and another man, identified in court papers as Michael Price, 51, of Benziger Avenue, were charged with robbery and a series of other offenses stemming from a May 4 incident on Bay Street, just a short walk from where he filmed Garner's last moments.

According to the complaint, Orta was handed $10 by the victim to purchase an undisclosed item for him. Rather than execute the transaction, however, Orta allegedly said, "F- — you, you're beat," and refused to return the victim's money, court documents state.

When the victim attempted to get his money back, Price intervened with a knife, threatened to cut the victim, and chased him away with Orta while brandishing the knife, the complaint states.

When officers arrested Orta, they found three oxycodone pills in his sweater pocket, according to the complaint.

Orta and Price must return to court on Thursday for that case.

Orta's final pending case in Criminal Court dates to last December, when he was picked up on disorderly conduct charges. The details of that incident, which resulted in a summons, were not immediately available.

The case was adjourned in contemplation of dismissal on May 5.

According to the complaint, Orta was handed $10 by the victim to purchase an undisclosed item for him. Rather than execute the transaction, however, Orta allegedly said, "F- — you, you're beat," and refused to return the victim's money

sounds like a real winner,,,but he has a wife. :-\
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:29 pm

No one is being manipulated by the press anymore than you are. I do agree that the press loves this stuff, including FOX and MSNBC (neither of which I watch or even consider news).

I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone of spent two years of my life trying to get in law enforcement. The way I see it If I was given a scenario question for this situation I would have said I would give the man a ticket and have moved and that would have been the correct answer. I know a lot of cops (both good and bad) and they've told me that things like this are a police department's worse nightmare. I even had a friend who was in a similar situation (no one died) over a hit and run and his reprimanded him for not just writing a ticket.

It should be noted that what is being argued is whether or not there should have been a trial. No one is being manipulated to believe there should be a trial but without a trial we never have all the details.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:34 pm

By the way, I have been on ride alongs and have seen the police write tickets for smoking marijuana in public and that's still a scheduled I drug. No choke holds, no back up, no body slams, just a ticket.

Your entitled to your opinion but without a trial a lot of questions will remain unanswered.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:37 pm

I know you where trying to get in the police force.
I really would suggest looking at the whole narrative, they didnt have the option to ticket him.
under the direction of the officers in charge he was going to be arrested.
the other officers in charge apparently threw the wht guy under the bus. for immunity
even though they where in charge and on the scene. no one stopped or made an attempt to
stop the event, no one filed a report stating any misconduct.

makes sense, the wht guy did it...funny if it was not so serious

Having spent my entire career in patrol, I understand police culture and how patrol officers act and think. However, as a sergeant of police, I was expected to supervise, manage and control the field operations of the subordinate officers under my command. Being a supervisor in any profession requires one to be able and willing to make the tough and unpopular decisions; it goes along with the territory.

So then for a sergeant, and a black woman at that, to stand idly by and do nothing is egregious. Certainly, it is my hope that Commissioner Bratton takes a long, hard look at the activity of all of the other officers involved in the “wolf-packing” of Eric Garner as well as the failure to act on the part of that sergeant.

Read more at http://www.eurweb.com/2014/12/blackandb ... ErWuKYS.99

btw

Two months before his assault arrest, Orta and another man, identified in court papers as Michael Price, 51, of Benziger Avenue, were charged with robbery and a series of other offenses stemming from a May 4 incident on Bay Street, just a short walk from where he filmed Garner's last moments.

now we can understand why mr orta, was there to begin with.
must have been his day job.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Like I I said I really don't a damn about the camera man. I'd feel the same if it was filmed by Osama Bin Laden II who was having a smoke on sidewalk while trying to figure out how to take out the new World Trade Center. The fact is cameras serve a good function of showing people a clearer picture of what happened. It's unfortunate that we didn't have a camera in Ferguson.

The cameraman did what every American should have the right to do, to film public servants who we pay through our taxes.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:50 pm

ya ok

HOW ABOUT THE REST OF THE STORY:While protesters are trying to make this about race, it must be noted that the police showed up in response to complaints from black business owners. The arrest was ordered by a black officer, and the arrest itself was supervised by a black officer, a female sergeant.
A crackdown on the sale of illegal, untaxed cigarettes - called "loosies" since they are sold in singles rather than in packs - had been ordered just days before Garner's arrest by the highest ranking black police officer in the NYPD, Philip Banks.

So a black officer ordered the crackdown, black business owners called for the arrest, a black officer ordered the arrest, and a black officer supervised the arrest itself. It's also worth noting that the 23-member grand jury which refused to indict the arresting officer included nine non-white members. Ask yourself how many of those facts you have heard from any member of the race-obsessed, low-information media.

Garner had been arrested 31 times, and eight of those had been for selling loosies. His rap sheet goes back decades and includes arrests for assault and grand larceny.
At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with multiple offenses, including illegal sale of cigarettes, marijuana possession, false impersonation and driving without a license.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Like I said, all things that could have been presented in a trial.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:35 pm

grzegorz wrote:Like I said, all things that could have been presented in a trial.

The grand jury plays an important role in the criminal process, but not one that involves a finding of guilt or punishment of a party. Instead, a prosecutor will work with a grand jury to decide whether to bring criminal charges or an indictment against a potential defendant -- usually reserved for serious felonies. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-pr ... am2bH.dpuf

if they found no charges to bring against the officer how would it go to trial?

While all states have provisions in their laws that allow for grand juries, roughly half of the states don't use them. Courts often use preliminary hearings prior to criminal trials, instead of grand juries, which are adversarial in nature. As with grand juries, preliminary hearings are meant to determine whether there is enough evidence, or probable cause, to indict a criminal suspect. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-pr ... QWREX.dpuf

in this case
Black female Police sergeant Kizzy Adoni supervised the fatal arrest and on-scene medical treatment of Eric Garner. She testified “His condition did not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse.” as he lay on the sidewalk afterward

what would they charge the officer with who was acting under the direction of the sergeant in charge?
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic