Police brutality?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Police brutality in New York?

Postby Teazer on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:56 pm

windwalker wrote:nice try ;)

you might try posting what the misconduct was really about.

you know, like the rest of the story

Go on then, have at it. What do you think was missed? Are you talking about the police men's misconduct or some reason you think the indictment should be dismissed?
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Well for what its worth I showed that Victor White story to Windwalker and a dozen other stories exactly like it months ago in his own thread and he still uncritically takes the side of the police. So thats why I stopped wasting my time discussing this with people. People either know what they know or believe what they want.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Teazer wrote:
windwalker wrote:nice try ;)

you might try posting what the misconduct was really about.

you know, like the rest of the story

Go on then, have at it. What do you think was missed? Are you talking about the police men's misconduct or some reason you think the indictment should be dismissed?

not to beat a dead horse, you missed the point of what they where really indicted for :-\

you still have not addressed why the sergeant in charge was not held accountable, in this case.

FWIW: not taking sides, although I fail to understand or maybe I do, why some would not understand or
come to the same conclusions as the GJ did.

when I have questions or as here some posit view points I don't agree with I do take the time to look at the background,
law and what was presented from many different sources.

in closing its a small number or total arrest the make the news.
just like the the toy gun cases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Andy_Lopez

he fatal shooting of Andy Lopez by Sonoma County sheriff's deputy Erick Gelhaus took place on October 22, 2013, in Santa Rosa, California. 13-year-old Lopez was carrying an airsoft gun that was designed to resemble an AK-47 assault rifle. Gelhaus opened fire on Lopez, mistaking the airsoft gun for a real firearm. The shooting prompted many protests in Santa Rosa, and throughout California.

look at the name to understand why it didnt get more press

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /19471925/

In the 911 call that reported a boy waving a gun around at a Cleveland park, the caller says the gun was probably fake. Twelve-year-old Tamir Rice was shot and killed by police. It's unclear if the officers were ever told the gun might be fake. VPC

http://news.yahoo.com/us-police-shoot-d ... 24381.html

Washington (AFP) - The chief of police in the US city of Cleveland on Monday defended the conduct of an officer who fatally shot a 12-year-old boy who was wielding a replica handgun.

most people IMO dont understand how quickly something can happen.
theres a background story about how the child was raised that may
have contributed to his mistaken actions.

some thoughts on it from an officer site.

“We did have a few cases where a kid with toy guns had an encounter with police. Officers drew their weapons, gave orders, and the cases were resolved with no injuries. Some parents tried to raise an issue about officers pointing guns at their child, but the media had already seen our presentation and the complaints never gained any traction with the media.”

Parenting 101
Because my son and I enjoy getting into NERF gun fights in our house, I’ve repeatedly had “the talk” with him about safety and toy guns.

Rule #1: “When a cop tells you ‘drop the gun’ — you drop the gun, immediately.”
Rule #2: “When a cop asks to see your hands — make like a goal post and spread your fingers.”

It’s Parenting 101, but Losada and I agree that it seems many individuals are not educating their kids about the peril they put themselves in when wandering about town with replica firearms.

“Departments across the country need to start educating the public about the dangers of kids with ‘toy’ guns. Officers are trained that every gun is a real gun no matter what it looks like until that officer has control of the weapon and can verify that it is a toy. It does not matter that the gun had a red band around the barrel, was painted psychedelic colors, or was being held by someone appearing to be very young. The gun does not care how old the person holding it is. As long as the person can handle the five-pound trigger pull, it will fire and do damage to whatever or whoever is standing in front of it.”

The pair of images above should tell parents and guardians everything they need to know about why cops are trained that all guns are real, and all guns are loaded, until proven otherwise. The top picture is the Airsoft “toy” held by Andy Lopez when he was shot and killed by Deputy Erick Gelhaus of the Sonoma County (Calif.) Sheriff’s Office. The image below is a fully-functioning 12-gauge Mossberg disguised as a toy.

http://www.policeone.com/Officer-Safety ... -toy-guns/

worth repeating

Officers are trained that every gun is a real gun no matter what it looks like until that officer has control of the weapon and can verify that it is a toy.

whats being presented are only aspects that sell papers or by people who profit from it.
shit happens, look at the total number of cases they deal with in a given yr.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:34 pm

I don't understand your point about the Gonzalez case not getting attention. Are you saying that it was because of his last name? But, the officer's last name Erick Gelhaus. I thought your point was that only White officers are blamed? Well, the actual result of that case --which did in fact make "the media" especially out west.
SAN JOSE -- San Jose officials have agreed to pay almost $5 million to settle a lawsuit by a man injured by police gunfire when they found him passed out drunk at a hotel after a costume party and mistook his gold-colored toy gun for the real thing.

So, all that stuff about considering "every gun is a real gun" is moot. Not to mention the small fact that Mr. Gonzalez wasn't killed, is your argument that the case should have had people marching to chants of "Hispanic lives matter"? Or, are you saying that only Black people demonstrate against police brutality? Or, is it that Black people only complain when Black people are killed by police? On that last note, ever hear of Jose Sanchez? There have been demonstrations for him and others whose names end with a z ;)

Btw, afa considering every gun real, that is true. However, there's a big difference between someone having something that "looks like" a gun and someone point it at you. if the argument is that merely seeing a weapon is a reason to shoot, I'd say that is just murder. No one here on in the public has argued that an officer should allow himself to be shot or shouldn't protect himself. At the same time, someone asked the question about whether a particular toy looked real or not. Well, at 20 to 50 feet, I'm not sure that it's even possible to tell whether what someone has in his hand is a gun or a cell phone.

There is, of course, the Diallo case, where the guy was shot on his stoop when he went for his wallet. The four officers who went on trial for shooting 41 times and killing him were acquitted, of course. Btw, the demonstrations and protests against the acquittal had lots of Hispanics. If you want, I can name quite a few cases involving police shooting of HIspanics in NYC. Just because they don't make the news in your nabe doesn't mean that peole don't care or don't protest.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Teazer on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:31 am

windwalker wrote:not to beat a dead horse, you missed the point of what they where really indicted for :-\
you still have not addressed why the sergeant in charge was not held accountable, in this case.

I was talking about the case I linked to rather than the NY "I can't breathe one". In NJ the person was beaten up while obviously being entirely non-confrontational, despite all the guns pointing at him, beatings etc.

If you want my opinion wrt the NY case, I'd say the prosecutor was trying to get all the police off. Stage one would be to give immunity to everyone there except the one guy doing the actual choking. Stage two would be to do a lame job at the grand jury stage and then the government pays off the civil suit. Again.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 am

The uk has it's own "I can't breathe" case:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... my-mubenga
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:03 am

The Daily Show, LeBron James and Andrew Hawkins nailed it.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/episodes/oof ... a-kendrick
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:44 pm

GrahamB wrote:The uk has it's own "I can't breathe" case:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... my-mubenga

They're treating everyone like a potential terrorists. Yet working in security/law enforcement is not even one of the top ten deadliest jobs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsm ... st-jobs-2/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm

"I'm putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let's take 2 of theirs,"

http://www.policeone.com/ambush/article ... rner-death

http://www.policeone.com/ambush/article ... tacks-them
[quoteVideo: 2 Calif. cops hospitalized after suspect attacks them] [/quote]

lucky he didnt get shot.
watch the video,,,

http://www.policeone.com/ambush/article ... ing-police
Nordstrom fires worker over Facebook post about killing police
Aaron Hodges suggested killing a white officer for every black man killed by police

only white officers, should have talked with the guy in ny. city.
seems like he didnt get that part of the message.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:13 pm

Tragic.
Ismaaiyl Brinsley fired at NYPD officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu in their squad car in Bedford-Stuyvesant sources said. Hours earlier, Brinsley shot his girlfriend in Baltimore and boasted in social media about wanting to kill cops. Both officers later died at Woodhull Hospital.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:21 pm

http://www.policeone.com/ambush/article ... Fla-deputy
Dispatchers fired after shooting death of Fla. deputy
Veteran dispatchers failed to inform first responders that gunman had threatened to shoot police if they came to his residence in prior incident

happens :-\ not many jobs where each time they go out could be their last time.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:35 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/two-nypd-officers ... 37751.html
Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, ID'd as shooter of two NYPD officers in Brooklyn ambush 'assassinations'

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-court ... ar-n272436

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who has led protests over the deaths of Brown and Garner, denounced the officers' killings. "I have spoken to the Garner family and we are outraged by the early reports of the police killed in Brooklyn today," Sharpton said in a statement. "Any use of the names of Eric Garner and Michael Brown, in connection with any violence or killing of police, is reprehensible and against the pursuit of justice in both cases."

needed to get that shit out there fast.

notice how its reported and whats not mentioned.

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Sorry, didn't notice anything except your attitude.

Afa most dangerous jobs, police officer isn't up there at all. Not that it makes any difference.

notice how its reported and whats not mentioned.

Nope. Didn't notice squat. Frankly, it's more interesting that you posted about these incidents at all, and not about the officer who got suspended for striking a child or this one who got caught on tape http://fox13now.com/2014/11/09/video-of ... g-suspect/

It's not that it's a one-sided debate either. But, since the officers who were killed by the deranged guy --who had killed his girlfriend beforehand and killed himself after -- were not White, at least we don't have to get into the "it didn't get publicized because of the ___" ... you know. Though it still gets the same "look what the reports don't say." No, what is the "real" story then. I live here, and I haven't heard yet. In fact, the only story I've heard is that two officers were shot. I had no clue who shot them or why. Now that I know, I'm not sure how it proves anything related to the title of this thread.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 am

Steve James wrote:

Sorry, didn't notice anything except your attitude.

In fact, the only story I've heard is that two officers were shot. I had no clue who shot them or why. Now that I know, I'm not sure how it proves anything related to the title of this thread.

Where are you at Sharpton? This lowlife is one of yours. Stand Up and be a Man, condemn this Violence!

http://www.policeone.com/ambush/article ... rner-death

the cops noticed and they get it. interesting reading their comments
as to relativity to the thread,
you mean like
NYPD cop killer angry over Garner death

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:11 am

More senseless violence.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic