Police brutality?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Police brutality in New York?

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Michael wrote:
windwalker wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/video/video-texas-police-officer-caught-090558436.html
A Texas police officer has been placed on administrative duty after his dashboard camera caught him Tasering an elderly man.

had he died we would be hearing about police brutality ect.

what is it about resisting arrest that people dont understand
one would think that an "elderly man" would know better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVNwPD7CPR8
Not gonna bother trying to say anything to you, WW, but here's the video.

yep thats the one,,,your point is?

mine is that if he didnt resist the arrest
most if not all that happened probably wouldn't have.

guess he missed the part where "chris rock" talks about talking shit to the police.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22623
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Michael wrote:
Resistance is futile.

So is talking to people on certain topics, myself included, but as men we must...not...give....up

or the other guy wins and takes all the ???

LOL!

When cops were being quoted from other forums I realized I had better things to do.

Speaking of which a cop in San Jose has been threatening protesters on Twitter and is being held accountable for his actions. Strange how that works. He is being reprimanded yet police who use real violence on people seem to be above the law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/san-jose-co ... rotesters/

Never mind the cases of police handcuffing people and then claiming that they somehow found a gun and committed suicide.

I take it they were resisting arrest too.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /14986733/

It's been fun.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:39 pm

USA TODAY

FREE - On Google Play

INSTALLClose

NATION

Family: Man shot while handcuffed did not commit suicideYamiche Alcindor, USA TODAYSep 3, 2014FacebookTwitterGoogle Plusmore

Family handout

Police say Victor White III shot himself while handcuffed in the back of a more

The family of a Louisiana man who police say shot himself while handcuffed in the back of a squad car wants the U.S. Department of Justice to investigate the case.

Victor White III, 22, of New Iberia, La., died on March 3 after being stopped by police officers responding to a report of a fight at a nearby gas station, attorneys for White's family said.

After police searched and found drugs on White, the young man was handcuffed with his arms behind his back and placed in the back of a police car. According to the Iberia Parish coroner, White then shot himself in the chest, committing suicide. However, White's family is adamant that he could not and would not have killed himself.

"There's no way they can convince me, no matter what they say," said Rev. Victor White II, White's father. "He had too much going for him. We had just spoken that morning. He was getting ready to buy a vehicle. He was also getting ready to move into his apartment. He had his girlfriend, his child. He was planning to get into school so he could better himself."

Monday, White, his wife, Vanessa, and their attorneys, Carol Powell Lexing and Benjamin Crump, called on the federal government to look into the death as well as the coroner's ruling that White could not have died from anything other than a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Crump, who also represents the family of Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin, said White's death is not the first questionable case of a man reportedly committing suicide while handcuffed by police officers. He pointed to the deaths of Chavis Carter, 21, in Jonesboro, Ark. in 2012 and Jesus Huerta, 17, in Durham, N.C. last year.

"It's highly suspicious," Crump said. "We have a terrible recent trend that is occurring across state lines that finds these 'Houdini handcuff' suicides while they are in the custody of police that defies all logic, all common sense."

Andrea Shaw, AP

Vanessa and the Rev. Victor White II look on as Tallahassee attorney Benjamin more

Louisiana State Police initially said in a statement that White had shot himself in the back, according to NBC News. However, the coroner's report, obtained first by NBC months later, showed that White was shot in the front just under his right nipple.

The events leading to White's death began around 11 p.m. on March 2 when White and a friend bought $10 worth of marijuana and then stopped by Hop-In, a gas station a few blocks away, according to NBC. There, two men got into a fight while White and his friend looked on. By 11:30 p.m., an officer with the Iberia Parish Sheriff's Office was responding to a report of the fight and stopped White and his friend.

An officer later searched White and found marijuana and cocaine on him, NBC reports. According to a police statement obtained by the network, Victor White III "was taken into custody, handcuffed behind his back, and transported to the Iberia Parish Sheriff's Office for processing. Once at the Sheriff's Office, White became uncooperative and refused to exit the deputy's patrol vehicle. As the deputy requested assistance from other deputies, White produced a handgun and fired one round striking himself in the back."

White's parents say the young man did not own a gun.

Carl Ditch, Iberia Parish Coroner, made the suicide ruling after reviewing the autopsy report, testing for gunpowder residue and reviewing statements by police officers at the scene, according to a letter signed by Ditch and dated March 3.

"Based on Mr. White's statements to police officers immediately prior to discharge of the firearm, and combined with all other investigational facts, every other manner of death is ruled out and the manner of death in this matter is determined to be suicide," Ditch wrote in the letter.

Ditch added this month in a statement that it was possible for White "due to his body habitus", or physique, to manipulate the gun to shoot himself in the chest, according to NBC.

However, Victor White II says when he saw his son's body just hours after his death, he looked like he had been beaten up. "The left side of his face was swollen and looked distressed," the father said.

When he asked the coroner about the bruises, White said he was told that due to a pending investigation no information could be provided.

The coroner's report says White had two abrasions on his left eye. The family is hoping a federal investigation will lead to further details about those wounds.

Louisiana State Police and the Iberia Parish Sheriff's Office did not respond to requests by USA TODAY to comment on the case.

Powell Lexing, a civil rights attorney, said the family is waiting for Louisiana State Police to finish their investigation into White's death so they can have an independent pathologist review the case and perform his own autopsy. The attorney said she is requesting a long list of items including ballistic reports, x-rays of White's body, White's clothing from the day he died and statements from officers from that night.

"We are calling for the federal government to get involved and investigate this matter independent of the state officials and certainly independent of the local officials," she said. "We are going to continue to move forward to make sure the family receives justice."

Meanwhile, White's mother said she is trying to hold onto memories of her son who used to text her every morning and evening. She struggles to even talk about her son's death being ruled a suicide as her frustration mounts.

"He was my baby boy," Vanessa White said. "It's devastating."

She and her husband say they want answers for themselves, their other children and White's now 1-year-old daughter.

"We want the truth to come out," Victor White II said. "My son was vibrant. He was energetic. He had a lot going for him and he was full of life...We miss him even more now."

LOAD 335 COMMENTS

NEXT IN NEWSTSA chief focuses on riskiest travelers1 hour ago

MORE STORIES

Deputy, 3 teens die in head-on collision

Man not sorry for killing mom found with arrows in head

SPONSOR CONTENT

Bills.com

A Ridiculously Simple Method to Pay Off Mortgage

Truck Trend

2015 Most Anticipated Trucks: Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon First Drive

Back To TopHelp • Terms of Service • Privacy Notice • Your California Privacy Notice • Mobile Apps • Ad Choices •Full Site

Copyright Gannett 2014

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:40 pm

As you remember these fallen officers, take comfort in recalling that they dedicated their lives to the same principles of honor, duty and courage that brought you to the badge. Such a life is truly rich. Take strength in knowing that when an officer falls, our resolve to serve those in need is not diminished. Our dedication to protecting those in danger is not weakened. Our commitment to remembering those with whom we shared the badge does not fade.

http://www.policeone.com/officer-down/
yep dont want to hear the other side of the story.
wouldnt play to well...

no one wants to addressed why the sergeant was not
held accountable nor mentioned in the news articles

The initial police report quotes Adoni as saying, “The perpetrator’s condition did not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse.”

the sergeant in charge. "Adoni"

Among the few media outlets to address the role of Sgt. Adoni was the aptly named LA Progressive. Cheryl Dorsey, a black former LAPD sergeant, took Adoni to task. “I am appalled by the seeming lack of leadership displayed by the sergeant on the scene during the #ICantBreathe incident,” Dorsey wrote. Adoni, Dorsey explained, was expected to manage and control the subordinate officers under her command. “So then for a sergeant, and a black woman at that, to stand idly by and do nothing is egregious,” she concluded.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:12 pm

There are three generally held misconceptions about deadly force that continually arise and need to be addressed:

1. An officer can shoot an unarmed man under certain conditions.
An officer may have to use deadly force on an unarmed man who is larger, stronger, and/or attempting to disarm the officer, for example. In the case of a suspect, who is battering an officer to the point that he or she may suffer death or great bodily harm, the use of deadly force is defensible. Police officers do not have to sustain a severe beating in the line of duty.

Other factors that could justify an officer’s choice to utilize deadly force are the extent of that officer’s injury, exhaustion, or the number of assaultive adversaries the officer is confronted with.

2. An officer can, in certain conditions, shoot someone in the back.
You see if a suspect is fleeing and their escape presents an imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to the community at large, the use of deadly force can be justified. On some occasions a round might enter through the back, because of the dynamics of the circumstance.

3. Officers are not — and never will be — trained to shoot to wound or shoot weapons out of subjects’ hands.
These are not realistic options. Handguns are not accurate enough to deliberately attempt such things when lives are on the line.

The Bottom Line
From 2003 to 2012, 535 officers were killed in the line of duty in this country. Another 580,000 were injured in the line of duty.

I’m afraid that policing — which is already a dangerous profession — is becoming even more so, because of anti-police rhetoric and inaccurate reporting in use of force cases.

If every person contacted by officers were to remain courteous, cooperative, and compliant, there would never be a need to employ force. The reality is, however, that although most people will cooperate, some people will resist arrest.

It is not easy for a lone police officer to get a resistive suspect into handcuffs. If it looks rough, that’s because it is rough.

Police work is a contact sport, but for cops there is no second place. If someone in the public sees a cop struggling with a suspect and decides not to give him/her a hand, they should at least give them the benefit of the doubt.

Cops are not asking for citizens to get into the arena with them — they would just like the audience to stop cheering for the other team.

The only way to get these three extremely simple ideas out to our communities is for you to take this information and share it, with both your fellow officers and with your community members.

http://www.policeone.com/use-of-force/a ... e-of-force

some people will resist arrest
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:44 am

Ha! The other team? You mean the very same people who pay their salaries and they're entire and sole job description is to protect and serve. Only a numbskull applauds armed and supposedly trained grown men brutalizing and harassing old men, women and children. They want to act scared for their lives after acting like barbarians. >:( I just feel bad for the good cops that I know of who have to be associated and tarred with the rest of these HS drop outs.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:54 am

windwalker wrote:
If every person contacted by officers were to remain courteous, cooperative, and compliant, there would never be a need to employ force. The reality is, however, that although most people will cooperate, some people will resist arrest.

and that works so well,
Prosecutors dismissed all the criminal charges against Marcus Jeter, 30, of Bloomfield, N.J. and instead indicted two Bloomfield police officers for falsifying reports and one of them for assault after the recording surfaced showing police officers beating Jeter during a traffic stop, according to WABC of New York. A third has pleaded guilty to tampering.....Jeter’s defense attorney requested all recorded evidence, but the police failed to hand over a second tape until additional evidence surfaced of a second police car at the scene. The tape showed Jeter complying with police, even as one punched him in the head repeatedly. Without the tape, prosecutors had been demanding a five-year prison sentence.

Note the standard approach seems to be, while beating up the civilian, shout out loudly "stop going for my gun, don't resist arrest" no matter how compliant they are. Looks better in court that way after you shoot them.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/new-jersey-man-escapes-5-year-sentence-after-dash-cam-footage-clears-him-indicts-cops/#.VIxEgGkyD7A.facebook
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:48 am

try addressing the questions.
out of all the arrest made its a very small percentage that makes the press.
of that percentage the way its reported seems to be slanted to present
a skewed viewpoint.

Although the major media remain mum on the subject, it appears that a black female sergeant by the name of Kizzy Adoni supervised the arrest of the 6’4,” 400 lb. Eric Garner in New York City on July 17, 2014. As NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo and former LAPD Sergeant Stacey Koon can attest, there seems to a serious double standard at play here

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... z3MAMXAUVd
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

the argument was never about whether there are bad officers or policies, it was about this case, the facts of the case, how it was presented, and how it was similar to other cases that are held up as bad examples of officer work.

some have commented about posting things from police sites ect. http://www.policeone.com/
why wouldn't one want to understand the other view point, more so since that view point comes from those who actually do it for a living?
If one takes the time and stops being a "sheeple" they might find that the officers themselves are well aware of things gone wrong, bad officers or policies.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:26 am

try addressing the questions.

:)

the argument was never about whether there are bad officers or policies, it was about this case, the facts of the case, how it was presented, and how it was similar to other cases that are held up as bad examples of officer work.

I know I've been very clear that all police officers aren't bad. In fact, I don't think anyone has said that in this discussion.

Afa being "about this case" though, it's kind of funny that you say that when in the same sentence you bring up the similarity to other cases. You were the first to bring up Trayvon Martin and other cases. So, it's never been about this case. In fact, it becomes less and less about this case and more and more about presenting a view about any case that gets media attention. Ironically, the loudest complaints about what the media is presenting comes from people who claim not to attend to the media ;)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:34 am

not really, I feel I've been pretty consistent in my basic thoughts on what I see
as misrepresentations of events by the media and certain groups or people that profit from it.

"this" case, is like the other cases with the same actors and play book used in play ;)

loudest complaints about what the media is presenting comes from people who claim not to attend to the media

dont quite understand this point, how would one know of an event if its not presented in the media?
I mentioned I dont own or watch tv, I do browse the net, reading a couple of sites, following up on things of interest
and coming here

to RSF,,, ;) sitting down drinking a cup of joe, talking with with those
that I consider as net friends sharing different view points :)
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:00 am

as misrepresentations of events by the media and certain groups or people that profit from it.

That is your point regardless of the particular incident,.. which was my point. ;)

dont quite understand this point, how would one know of an event if its not presented in the media?

Oh, you know, by those people who get their info from the internet and other sources ;) ;)

sitting down drinking a cup of joe, talking with with those that I consider as net friends sharing different view points

Is there any other way?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Teazer on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:03 am

Hey, it's Newark. Just a smidge away from New York.

Now the funny thing is that when a Grand Jury trial is done normally, this is what it looks like. And the police involved get quite upset about how unfair it is.

In a hearing in a Newark courtroom, attorneys for Officers Orlando Trinidad and Sean Courter argued the presentation leading to their indictment was unfair, in part because grand jurors were consistently told the officers were liars.

Courter’s attorney, Charles Clark, said the process was a “one-sided presentation with the goal ultimately of making sure these two were indicted.”

“We’re saying they didn’t get a fair chance in front of the grand jury and at this time we’re asking that the indictment…be dismissed,” Clark told Superior Court Judge Michael L. Ravin.

But Essex County Assistant Prosecutor Betty Rodriguez, who is handling the case, told the judge there was no prosecutorial misconduct to justify dismissing the indictment.

“There was no taint,” Rodriguez said. “There was no infringement on the grand jury process or their decision-making.”

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/11/bloomfield_cops_call_for_official_misconduct_charges_to_be_dismissed_due_to_unfair_presentation_to_g.html
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Note the standard approach seems to be, while beating up the civilian, shout out loudly "stop going for my gun, don't resist arrest" no matter how compliant they are. Looks better in court that way after you shoot them.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/new-jersey-man-escapes-5-year-sentence-after-dash-cam-footage-clears-him-indicts-cops/#.VIxEgGkyD7A.facebook

That's F***ed!

If I didn't know better I would have thought I was watching a Key and Peele comedy sketch.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Teazer wrote:Hey, it's Newark. Just a smidge away from New York.

Now the funny thing is that when a Grand Jury trial is done normally, this is what it looks like. And the police involved get quite upset about how unfair it is.

In a hearing in a Newark courtroom, attorneys for Officers Orlando Trinidad and Sean Courter argued the presentation leading to their indictment was unfair, in part because grand jurors were consistently told the officers were liars.

Courter’s attorney, Charles Clark, said the process was a “one-sided presentation with the goal ultimately of making sure these two were indicted.”

“We’re saying they didn’t get a fair chance in front of the grand jury and at this time we’re asking that the indictment…be dismissed,” Clark told Superior Court Judge Michael L. Ravin.

But Essex County Assistant Prosecutor Betty Rodriguez, who is handling the case, told the judge there was no prosecutorial misconduct to justify dismissing the indictment.

“There was no taint,” Rodriguez said. “There was no infringement on the grand jury process or their decision-making.”

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/11/bloomfield_cops_call_for_official_misconduct_charges_to_be_dismissed_due_to_unfair_presentation_to_g.html

nice try ;)

you might try posting what the misconduct was really about.

you know, like the rest of the story
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Dajenarit wrote:Ha! The other team? You mean the very same people who pay their salaries and they're entire and sole job description is to protect and serve. Only a numbskull applauds armed and supposedly trained grown men brutalizing and harassing old men, women and children. They want to act scared for their lives after acting like barbarians. >:( I just feel bad for the good cops that I know of who have to be associated and tarred with the rest of these HS drop outs.

I believe this is the fundamental issue right here, people (especially police officers I know) are trying to paint this criticism as being anti-police. The outage is not anti-police, I believe that cops are like anyone else but like anyone they should be held accountable when they make mistakes. Sorry, but young men being found who are supposedly blowing out their brains while being handcuffed behind their backs in the back police cars should outrage any tax paying citizen.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic