Police brutality?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Police brutality?

Postby grzegorz on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:34 pm

As we know we know people like to blame the victim is these cases but it seems to me that the victim did nkt have a chance.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:03 pm

It's kind of a catch-22 when police shoot unarmed men in their family's backyard and then say the chain of events began with the victim fleeing. Well, maybe he fled because he knows police shoot innocent, unarmed people.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EimC-LYHU18

Start at .43. This officer transferred to KY from LA. There's no question that he's an exception, but there's no way for a citizen to know how many officers are like him.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:12 am

The cop who was choking Eric Garner got fired, lost his pension and can't serve as an officer again.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:24 am

Yeah, the Minneapolis officer who accidentally shot the Australian tourist was convicted of murder.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Steve James wrote:Yeah, the Minneapolis officer who accidentally shot the Australian tourist was convicted of murder.

In that case it was a black officer shooting a white woman.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Taste of Death wrote:
Steve James wrote:Yeah, the Minneapolis officer who accidentally shot the Australian tourist was convicted of murder.

In that case it was a black officer shooting a white woman.

Minneapolis again?

Interesting. Looks like their is a plan to defund and dismantle them.

City council members had previously said they would take steps to dismantle the police department, including Bender, who tweeted earlier this week, "Yes. We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department and replace it with a transformative new model of public safety."

Watch "Police shoot paint canisters at people on porch in Minneapolis" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/esyMFOu8ZFE
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:24 am

***Ongoing Report***

Police nationwide respond to protests of police brutality with even more police brutality.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:05 pm

Watch "Police shoot paint canisters at people on porch in Minneapolis" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/esyMFOu8ZFE

Aw, they were asked nicely and refused to comply. Same thing would have happened if they'd been asked to come out. Obey or else.

Again, if they can do it to those people on their porch, they can do it to you. You'll say, "But officer, I'm just sitting here," and end up dead. Oh, I didn't mean "you," specifically. It could happen to anybody, and that's why everybody should be equally concerned.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:54 pm

went to a march today. our police chief is a woman of color. she gave a great speech about accountability and the duty to report or to stop these things. there is no "blue line" or "blue wall" - you can't stand by and watch these wrong acts b/c it's your co-worker, essentially.

sadly, humans are like those students in the Stanford Prison Experiment. Based on that, not sure many people are able to not be sheeple.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:40 am

I don’t really know about this, but if the police tells someone to - stand still, hands up, sit down, lay down, calm down, go inside, go home....or whatever like that, are then the police just saying these things in hope to escalate things into violence, because they suspect some people being told the above things will do the opposite of being told ?
Is it so that the police force or maybe groups within the force want violence happen so to feel comfortable in the communities they serve ?

And why do some begin to run or struggle when being told to do the opposite, is it the most common/natural reflex to do so even if one has done no wrongdoing ?

As I said I don’t really know about these things of human behaviorism, I never stood in the front line(or any line) of a street protest, but I do have had an police encounter, but I knew I had done wrong so I complied....However that was me, and I’m not very logical minded...and perhaps a sheepling ... 8-)
Trick

Previous

Return to Off the Topic