Afghanistan: a fucking joke

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Afghanistan: a fucking joke

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:16 pm

true...true
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:09 pm

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are pretty much the same as the one we had in Vietnam.
Last edited by Michael on Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michael

Postby Andy_S on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:47 am

Good points - though I have to say the CGI for both Osama and 9/11 were not done very convincingly. Hollywood would have done a better job, surely? Ah well, probably too expensive.

Thanks for cluing us in on the war, Mike. As you can see, with the depleted uranium, ther IS long-term strategy: We will kill all the terrorists and the bad boys (the non-CGI ones, that is) in about 300 years.

Victory!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:30 am

shawnsegler wrote:The spice must flow.

S

Shawn controls t3h correct.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:08 pm

It's kinda sad....there's nowhere near enough people dead from this little jaunt.
Chris McKinley

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:It's kinda sad....there's nowhere near enough people dead from this little jaunt.

My point was that there was a reason why US went in. Now, that reason may not be true, but it was the most legitimate of the "Wars on Terror". However, now US pulling out leaves Afghanistan almost in the hands of the Taliban. In a few years it may go back to what it was before. Therefore all the dead and suffering have been needless.

All this means that the official reason (getting Bin Laden, Al-Qaida and the awful Talibans) was not the real objective. The neocons don't give a shit that the whole thing is so transparent.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Hmm....I can't answer for neocons, since I'm an old con myself, though no one (outside of the victims of 9/11 and the Afghanis themselves) would feel more betrayed if we handed anything back to the Taliban than true Conservatives, who lent Dubya their support and goodwill for going into Afghanistan in the first place.
Chris McKinley

Postby zenshiite on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Michael wrote:The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are pretty much the same as the one we had in Vietnam: the primary motivation is making money. The politicians buy into it in the beginning because it ups their ratings temporarily. The soldiers in Afghanistan are guarding poppy fields, heroin production is at record levels. Hamid Karzai was a Conoco consultant and opium magnate for the whole damn country before the war. In Iraq, you got Bechtel, Halliburton, and Blackwater, plus many others, raking in tha cash, all while trillions of dollars are going missing from the Pentagon, and that's ON TOP OF the no-bid contracts for neo-con insiders.

The wars are not being mis-managed. They are being handled in a way that is most profitable for a select group of people at the expense of the lives of millions of others, just like in Vietnam.

The secondary motivation is depopulation. In addition to millions killed by bombs and bullets, in Vietnam there was Agent Orange (dioxin) lingering for over a hundred years. In Iraq and Afghanistan (as well as Serbia), there are uranium munitions (so-called depleted uranium) lingering with a 4 billion year half life, permanently contaminating large areas, destroying the DNA and health of Iraqi and Americans exposed to it, and spreading through the wind across the globe upping diabetes rates worldwide.

The wars make perfect sense when you have the "correct" perspective.

Did you hear about that US Major General that raked in something like $9 million in bribes from corps like Halliburton in Iraq?
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:39 pm

I didn't specifically catch that one, but what I've heard is that such bribery is common place in Iraq.
Last edited by Michael on Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Chanchu on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:49 pm

http://www.militarycorruption.com/

This is a great site hits hard and pulls no punches- its not a fucking joke...
The brass hats hate it- M/C shines a bright light on their shenanigans
Last edited by Chanchu on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic