Shooting of the Week

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting of the Week

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 am

It does when different countries are used for comparison to the US and the question is posed as to what is different.

:) Anybody who's been there think France and England aren't multicultural?
Wiesiek, great how the Poles, Czechs and Germans get along :

Anyway, to get things straight. This is the "multiculturalism" to which Sowell and the moderator referred to specifically. Look it up.

multiculturalism definition: The view that the various cultures in a society merit equal respect and scholarly interest. It became a significant force in American society in the 1970s and 1980s as African-Americans, Latinos, and other ethnic groups explored their own history.

And, as I said, for many then and today, it's a bad thing ... for various reasons. Btw, the theory that "cultural conflict" leads to increased crime goes back to the 1930s America, and was often applied to explain why European immigrants were often involved in crime. You remember the White Hand, Black Hand, Cosa Nostra, Westies, etc., etc.

Applying the concept to Black people is stupid because many of them have been American and part of American culture longer than many of their critics who came on boats in the early 1900s and after WW2. To the contemporary bigot, however, multiculturalism is a threat. It's "bad." Of course, it is why that guy Brevik in Norway went on his proud killing spree.

In fact, it can be noted that these guys aren't foes of multiculturalism. Rather, they want the attention that is being directed at others. He is "‘…not an implacable foe of multiculturalism, he is a product of it. He is multiculturalism’s monster, where his true aim is to win recognition of his identity alongside all those other identities that are fawned over in modern Europe.’

- See more at: http://www.irishleftreview.org/2012/04/ ... AVwaL.dpuf"

It's a rather better explanation of why these guys act out against their own people. If they prefer, they might argue that multiculturalism drives "some" people insane. ;)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:37 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby warriorprincess on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:53 am

warriorprincess
Anjing

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:00 am

warriorprincess wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/28/gunman-named-colorado-springs-planned-parenthood-attack

Hey, maybe he was a passionately pro-life?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby warriorprincess on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Hey, maybe he was a passionately pro-life?[/quote]

Maybe he was; Does that make it ok? is it ever right to force your passionate beliefs on others?
Why should any man have any say over any womans body except for someone he's involved with? And then only to offer opinion/advice!
warriorprincess
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Four cops were injured and one was killed (last I heard anyway). I wonder if the police officer's union is going to blame the pro-life movement for encouraging voilence against the police as they did with the black lives movement. I suppose Quentin Tarantino is a much easier target.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:06 pm

warriorprincess wrote:Hey, maybe he was a passionately pro-life?

Maybe he was; Does that make it ok? is it ever right to force your passionate beliefs on others?
Why should any man have any say over any womans body except for someone he's involved with? And then only to offer opinion/advice!

It was sarcasm. I feel as you do.
Last edited by Steve James on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby warriorprincess on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:45 am

Sarcasm font needed. Thanks Steve, I've just heard so much claptrap from men who feel they're entitled to make decisions for women that my radar is a but skewed.
warriorprincess
Anjing

Postby klonk on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:08 pm

The cop who got killed in Colorado Springs was a pro-life church pastor on weekends. Makes you think.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleani ... oting.html
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Well, it makes me think there's so many differences among "pro-lifers" that the term is totally useless. I am pro-life, and against abortion and the death penalty. I also favor individual rights. That means I believe that the individual woman has the right to make that decision, and I wouldn't kill anyone in a church or clinic.

Yes, that elder was a sacrifice because he was acting to save lives, not take them. Kudos to him, not to any movement or ideology.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:39 pm

klonk wrote:The cop who got killed in Colorado Springs was a pro-life church pastor on weekends. Makes you think.

Makes me think that shooting sprees kill everyone.

The other two victims were an Iraq war veteran and a mother of two both their accompanying friends.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-civilian ... d=35478788
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:59 am

klonk wrote:The cop who got killed in Colorado Springs was a pro-life church pastor on weekends. Makes you think.

The other lives that were taken, one a MOTHER, also desrve our thoughts.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/30/ci ... -iraq-war/
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:38 am

All three of the victims had two children each.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:45 am

I just think it's ironic that people who claim to be pro-life can be willing to kill mothers and children.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:15 am

Gun rights + abortion rights + religious rights should not equal =/= shooting people.

Seems weird that so many Americans go abroad to adopt babies while so many get aborted. There ought to be some moderating effect here, maybe work in a local adoption program providing alternative to abortion instead of picking up a rifle?
Last edited by Michael on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic