Shooting of the Week

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting of the Week

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Enter Sandman. Tears of a clown. MAGA!
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:13 pm

The real threat is Antifa.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:42 pm

Teen Fatally Shot After Knocking On The Wrong Apartment Door: Police | HuffPost

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ca1 ... ?ncid=yhpf
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Watch "White Supremacy: America’s Global Export" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/i9Ji10BlkzA
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:02 pm

The utter absolute complete cowardice of these [email protected]#$ers who go to a place where they know they will receive no resistance to do their mass slaughter knowing full well they will receive headlines are the world. I will never mention that [email protected]#$ers name because that is what he wants me to do.

(Paraphrasing but dude speaks the truth.)
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Something has definitely gone wrong in our society when people believe that they are entitled to take people's lives when things don't go there way.

The Independent: Phoenix shooting: Three-year-old girl hid under bed as father killed mother and sisters.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 69776.html

Unfortunately the company I work for has a history of gun voilence and there seem to be people I work with who seeem to fantasize about going out in a shooting spree when managment is breathing down their necks. I can't understand that mentality. For me it's just a job and if worse comes to worse and I were to lose it I would just go somewhere else. But it seems to me that each and every time we hear of shooting spree while many are sending thoughts and prayers there are others who are thinking about committing the same acts of mass murder.

I am not sure how we went from people feeling so entitled. I don't believe it is political since these people who are almost always young men seem to have mixed political views but some reason seem to have voilent fantasies when life doesn't go their way.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 pm

That page has several incidents of people killing their families. But, as I read the article, I saw this.

Mr Smith shot Mr Freeman after he told him “he was crazy” to think his wife was cheating on him, according to the court filing. He allegedly fired at him repeatedly even as his body laid on the floor and also shot and injured two of Freeman’s friends, a man and a woman, as they tried to help him.
Police who searched Mr Smith’s car found a 9mm handgun, a .45 calibre handgun and a .223 calibre rifle believed to have been used in the rampage.

Apparently, this started because he thought his wife was cheating. I think you're right that people who take lives feel privileged, and that it is a sickness. But, I think jealousy is almost the oldest reason for murder we know.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Interesting angle. Yes, I can see where jealousy plays a role. The people I am speaking of landed a good job and instead of being grateful for the opportunity they are jealous that management is coming after them believing they have been singled out and the anger is essentially fear of losing that job so they make it known that they have an arsenal since this wouldn't be the first warehouse shooting and definitely not the last.

When they say these things I just listen realizing that often time they are letting off steam but I also tell them that it is just a job which it is.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Some say that life is 10% what happens and 90% how we react to it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm

True that! Because I work wirh the public I have had to deal with lots of angry people. They are usually surprised that when they seem to be looking for a fight they don't get one but I also don't back down.

Just yesterday somebody much bigger than me wanted to intimidate me because they thought I took their spot at the gas station. I just acknowledged their situation and that perhaps they were right but I was still going to get my gas because I stayed in my lane where he wanted to switch and cut in front. Needless to say by staying calm I was able to avoid escalating despite threats of voilence. I don't think he expected that.
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic