BREXIT

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby Steve James on Tue May 04, 2021 7:46 am

Some Brexiters are apparently dissatisfied with the deal. So, imo, it'd be better for some Brits to come on and say how much they are benefitting or have benefitted from Brexit. People might be crying because they're suffering, not because they're pro-European.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue May 04, 2021 10:00 am

That'll be tough, because there are no benefits of the deal. Just lots of industries that are being destroyed, particularly fishing, but manufacturing is all heading to europe... in most cases the industries that are being destroyed were the ones convinced to vote for it.

Oh I tell a lie- it was a tax dodge orchestrated by the wealthy, so there are a few benefits, if you're in the 1% of the super elite. Maybe you can find one of the 1% to come on and remind us why we should 'take back control'? Maybe Sir James Dyson?
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue May 04, 2021 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
I could be wrong.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Tue May 04, 2021 1:26 pm

Peacedog wrote:[img]

Nah! No one is crying just pointing out that whole US to the rescue was a sham.
Last edited by gzregorz on Thu May 06, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed May 05, 2021 11:43 pm

Got to remember that this is the world we live in.

DEMONS!
I could be wrong.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu May 06, 2021 4:57 am

The Express is one of the dreadful nationalistic papers that pushed so hard for Brexit. Even they are talking about Scottish fishing "collapsing".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14308 ... norway-spt
I could be wrong.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu May 06, 2021 5:07 am

GrahamB wrote:DEMONS!
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu May 06, 2021 5:17 am

GrahamB wrote:The Express is one of the dreadful nationalistic papers that pushed so hard for Brexit. Even they are talking about Scottish fishing "collapsing".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14308 ... norway-spt

This seems like many people who are legitimately concerned. I'm not sure why the talks would break down

UK fishermen were voicing their discontent once more this week after the collapse of post-Brexit talks over access to Norwegian seas spelt the end of the UK’s distant-water fishing industry after hundreds of years.

Hundreds of fishermen and support staff face being left without work and fish and chip shops across Britain will be selling Arctic cod imported from Norway rather than landed by UK ships.

Hull West and Hessle MP Emma Hardy told The Independent the failure of talks was a “devastating” blow not only for jobs and incomes in the city but for “Hull’s proud maritime history which was built on its distant fleet”.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Wed May 19, 2021 3:42 am

Yesterday there was talk of the UK government invoking 'Force Majeure' to get out of the Northern Ireland protocol which gave me a chuckle.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed May 19, 2021 9:58 am

It's these bloody foreigners not playing cricket! They're reading the bloody contract. Sad!
I could be wrong.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic